XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > B (PS3) > Blades of Time

Old 03-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immikeulate View Post
I'm confused so is this game a 20 hour plat or 40 hour plat like other guide says. That's a huge discrepancy.
I've played the game 3 times in slightly under 30 hours: first playthrough on Normal finding all notes and chests took about 12 hours; second playthrough on Hard finding all chests and grinding out three kill-related trophies took about 8 hours; third playthrough on Normal in order to re-find all notes and chests when I decided to make a guide took about 6 hours...

Obviously, I can only judge these things based on my own experience, and everyone's play time will vary, but I can't see how the trophies would possibly require 40 hours of playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Complete guide with lots of details and some really useful tips like on how to deal with each boss and the location of all chests and notes, excellent work you did there ! Thanks for this great guide !
Thanks for your kind words.

I was really tired when I wrote the guide, so I have a few things that I need to clarify and a few syntactical things I need to clean up, but the guide is done and should be ready for submission today - all questions, suggestions, and criticisms are welcome.

Message me here or via PSN if you want to work on the trophies for Clan of Champions

Mitsuru Kirijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Another good looking guide, for a game with an acquired taste. Is the combat more engaging than X-Blades, I could not get motivated enough to finish that game.

blevensp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Gold   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission

Good Luck....
Old 03-20-2012, 03:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevensp1 View Post
Another good looking guide, for a game with an acquired taste. Is the combat more engaging than X-Blades, I could not get motivated enough to finish that game.

The combat - like the game in general - is more physical than X-Blades, and by that I mean that everything has more weight to it: at first, when you face more than a couple of enemies at one time, you really feel like you're being overpowered and beat down; then, when, you get used to how the game plays, you have this kind of sense of "Let me at 'em" - you can't wait to try and tear into a group of them...So, yeah, I would say the combat is more engaging - the finishing moves and their accompanying animations feel really satisfying, the shooting is a bit cumbersome but fun...

You're right, though, about the game being an acquired taste: the whole thing doesn't have too much in common with X-Blades besides a blonde heroine named Ayumi; Blades of Time has changed an awful lot of things, and, frankly, the game is pretty cracked - it's like it plays like a poor man's Bayonetta mashed into a rich man's Clash of the Titans with a bank account in the name of a middle class man's Darksiders; and the look of the game seems to be equally inspired by Frank Frazetta, Conan the Barbarian, Flash Gordon, and doodle art...

So, if you're looking for a recommendation, I can't quite give one other than to say that I loved the game; but, really, that shouldn't be taken as anything other than an example of my really peculiar taste - and I'm not sure how much of an endorsement that is.

Message me here or via PSN if you want to work on the trophies for Clan of Champions

Mitsuru Kirijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Guide Team

Send a message via AIM to tuffmuff Send a message via MSN to tuffmuff

Awards Showcase Guide Supplement Bronze   Staff - Guide Team   Bronzer Than Nothing   Awesome Mystery Award   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Road Map Submitter   SOTM Winner   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

*guide stuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krid View Post
AMALGAMATE THOSE BITCHES!!!!
tuffmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Silver Submission   2,500 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Community Gaming Event Gold   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

I didn't even know this had been released until literally just now, first thing I did was check if there is a guide. Happy to see there is, and it looks great. Going to order the game tonight and plan to make full use of it.

Hope I enjoy the game as much as I did X-Blades, I was in the minority of people who actually loved that game!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzler View Post
I didn't even know this had been released until literally just now, first thing I did was check if there is a guide. Happy to see there is, and it looks great. Going to order the game tonight and plan to make full use of it.

Hope I enjoy the game as much as I did X-Blades, I was in the minority of people who actually loved that game!
Do not expect too much. It has lag problems during the scenes which can be very annoying. Well - at least the EU version has those lag problems. I also like X-Blades but the 1% story is a problem for me. Without the lags of Blades of Time this sequel would probably make things much better for me.

I hope there will be a patch released soon.

Last edited by Cetra; 03-22-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Cetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

I love you
FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Thank you very much for this guide, it was really helpful!
DARK3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #20 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   2,500 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission

If you want to defefat the shaman boss with no damage there is a much easier option, Time Rewind.

Hit the shaman with a bunch of attacks and then time rewind and repeat. You will defeat him in 30 seconds and he will never get off an attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattybell2117 View Post
He's starting to border that line though where it's hard to argue with him because he's so stupid. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how well you play, the pigeon's still gonna knock over all the pieces, poop on the board and strut around like he won.
Roughdawg4 is offline   Reply With Quote