Rain of Bullets - Help!

Ikari_86

Ok this trophy is starting to get pretty frustrating. It's the last trophy I need and I have chosen the start of Brutal Lands as the farming location. I have spent roughly 4 hours killing Zombie enemies with Magic Armour using Time Clones but STILL no trophy. I have tried dying after each Magic Armour is removed, I have tried waiting till after the cut scene with the cogs loading symbol before reloading checkpoint and now I have progressed till the book checkpoint symbol before restarting the level... How have I not got the 50 yet? What am I doing wrong? :(

Bare in mind before farming I should have atleast 10-15+ magic armour kills from previous 2 playthroughs.

PS I know there is another farming location in Brutal Town but the principle is not different here.

I don't really know what to tell you about your particular conundrum, although I will advise against reloading a checkpoint - when I was farming this trophy I always let myself die and never reset a checkpoint, so I can't confirm whether reloading the checkpoint actually saves anything you've done...BUT...

There's a better method and place of doing this trophy without dying or resetting a checkpoint, and that's in chapter 2; near the start of the chapter you'll be introduced to the armoured enemy and have to kill one of them; then you'll be introduced to the heavy enemy with the shield and how to counter them; then you have to fight a bunch of enemies: spear-throwing guys, guys with shields, and a couple of guys with magic armour...

Take everyone out, but leave the last guy with magic armour until the end AND DO NOT KILL HIM. Get really far away from him, and he'll just kind of stomp around in a circle and won't even pay any attention to you; now use a single shot rifle to shoot his armour off (don't use a machine gun or you'll risk killing him); once his armour disappears STOP SHOOTING; now just stand there and wait, and his armour will - in about 60 - 90 seconds - come back; you can shoot it off again and again and each time it will count for the trophy - I've tested this myself and had two other people test it as well, and I can confirm it works; it's ideal because not only can you easily keep count of how many times you've done it, but, like I said, you don't need to die or restart the checkpoint and risk the game not saving your progress.

I need to update this in the trophy guide, but I've been waiting on someone that told me they would make a video of it, but that hasn't happened yet - I'll get it updated as soon as I can, though.

I don't really know what to tell you about your particular conundrum, although I will advise against reloading a checkpoint - when I was farming this trophy I always let myself die and never reset a checkpoint, so I can't confirm whether reloading the checkpoint actually saves anything you've done...BUT...

There's a better method and place of doing this trophy without dying or resetting a checkpoint, and that's in chapter 2; near the start of the chapter you'll be introduced to the armoured enemy and have to kill one of them; then you'll be introduced to the heavy enemy with the shield and how to counter them; then you have to fight a bunch of enemies: spear-throwing guys, guys with shields, and a couple of guys with magic armour...

Take everyone out, but leave the last guy with magic armour until the end AND DO NOT KILL HIM. Get really far away from him, and he'll just kind of stomp around in a circle and won't even pay any attention to you; now use a single shot rifle to shoot his armour off (don't use a machine gun or you'll risk killing him); once his armour disappears STOP SHOOTING; now just stand there and wait, and his armour will - in about 60 - 90 seconds - come back; you can shoot it off again and again and each time it will count for the trophy - I've tested this myself and had two other people test it as well, and I can confirm it works; it's ideal because not only can you easily keep count of how many times you've done it, but, like I said, you don't need to die or restart the checkpoint and risk the game not saving your progress.

I need to update this in the trophy guide, but I've been waiting on someone that told me they would make a video of it, but that hasn't happened yet - I'll get it updated as soon as I can, though.

Thanks for the great tip Mitsuru, hopefully this will be helpful to others!

I finally got the trophy using my latter method but I swear I took out 100+ Magical Armours before the trophy popped. Therefore I can only imagine restarting a checkpoint might be reseting the count or something similar to that effect.

• 2 months later...

another good place to get is hollow land, first encounter with enemies. just kill 2 enemies and one of ther other 3 will have his shield on. break his shield and wait a little and the shield will be up again. one you kill all of them. jump off and repeat. just stand by the entrance, right side of the stairs and enemies wont come around to get you, instead they will be just standing below doing nothing and waiting for you to jump down.

i don't know whether it was the clone who broke the shield or my character, so i guess its either as long you break it during time rewind.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i tried this and it does not work, last guy with shield just chases me me everywhere, no way to leave him alone

i tried this and it does not work, last guy with shield just chases me me everywhere, no way to leave him alone

It doesn't matter if he chases you, though; the only difference is that you can't talk on the phone or eat a samosa or whatever it is you would do while you wait for his shield to regenerate (I like to talk on the phone and eat samosas - what of it... :|).

The last guy's shield will regenerate as long as he remains alive; use a single shot rifle to break his shield and not risk killing him; if he chases you, he'll be doing it pretty slowly, and you can just stay away from him until his shield is back.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here, but I managed to get up on a pillar of rock at the entrance of small cave at the right part of the map.

Just stand there and the guy with the shield will try to kill you but will not be able to reach you.

If, by accident, you kill the monster, use the RESTART CHECKPOINT option.

Another thing thar I noticed:

Just kill the guys with the spears, not the others. All of them can turn on the shield, so if u kill one, the next will light the armor, and so on.

Edited by RavenX

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I recorded it as Mitsuru Kirijo stated.

But I killed over 100 of them right now and no trophy pop.

I am doing anything wrong?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTPzTriVbEE]Blades Of Time - Rain of Bullets Trophy - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by eScenCe

• 1 year later...

This is one of those trophies that makes no sense.

If you're going to have "kill this many" kinds of requirements, then put enough in the game!

Or in this case, because of the second playthrough, half enough.

There are like, what, 5 places where an armored enemy shows up?

"Farming" just does not belong in this kind of game, IMO.

That being said, there is something wrong with this trophy.

50 my ass, more like over 200.

Either this thing is glitched or there is some sort of special way you have to shoot the armor off. Either you or your time clone has to be the winning shot or something. I myself was not able to tell because the trophy showed up for me as I was killing myself.

From all the places I have read about this trophy/achievement, people have done way more than 50 and only get it after over 100.

My advice for anyone else unfortunate enough to be shooting armor off, over and over and over for hours and hours. Just keep doing it :confused:

• 5 months later...

Thanks Mitsuru Kirijo and RavenX for the tips on how to more-easily grind for this trophy in Chapter 2. This was my final trophy, so I just got my Platinum :)

Earlier in my first playthrough, I had tried grinding in the recommended spot in Brutal Town, but it took way longer to get an enemy to start up a shield (killing many enemies beforehand), so I was glad to see this alternative method in Chapter 2 instead. I'd really recommend someone add this Chapter 2 method to the main trophy page, if possible.

Yesterday I had tried the Chapter 2 method during my Hard playthrough, however after taking out about 30 shields maybe, I accidentally killed the last enemy and progressed the game. I chose to Restart Checkpoint, and then further play into the game (to finish my Hard playthrough), so I'm not sure if yesterday's grinding actually saved or not due to the Restart Checkpoint move.

But then today, after finishing the Hard playthrough, I chose Normal mode in Chapter 2 to try to grind for this trophy again. I took out the three spear-throwers, jumped up onto a small cliff near the entrance to the right, and grinded away at the shields every minute or so on the three remaining enemies (who respawned a few times before the checkpoint). I kept track of every time I killed the shield (not the enemy), and I got about 35 shield-kills before accidentally killing the enemies for the checkpoint. When that happened, instead of restarting the checkpoint or dieing on purpose, I continued through the chapter and quit out to the menu once the game moved me on to Chapter 3. I then restarted Chapter 2 Normal mode, and got back to the same grinding point, and the trophy popped after about 20 more times.

So overall I'm not exactly sure if the game's counter just stopped counting after yesterday's choosing Restart Checkpoint or dieing, or if the game truly is glitched up with how it keeps track of the shield-kills (does Ayumi herself have to shoot the last shot, or one of her clones?) Either way, it seems persistence will hopefully pay off for others trying to get this.

Edited by nabor605

• 2 months later...

To anyone playing this (yes, you are extremely rare) I would suggest following the advice in this topic. I spent 6 hours just on farming for this (and "Angry") trophy. What's funny is that I managed to get "Angry" to pop while I was working on a Shield enemy (and ended up killing him).

I must have removed well over 100 shields (probably around 150), so I don't know if killing the enemy only counts as 1 (let's say you removed his shield 5 times total) since the other shield removals had the enemy still alive...or if the game itself is just buggy with the counting (this game is FULL of glitches/bugs/freezes).

Just keep at it, and the trophy will pop. Trust us. :D

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just like to add my experience with this stupid trophy

I did this all at the start of the Brutal Lands after I got all other trophies and tried 3 strategies. Also did some attempts at the jungle but wasn't sure if my clones were the one removing the shields...

First was just letting the shield regenerate after my clones take it down for about 100 times. No trophy pop

Second was letting my clones shoot down the shield, I kill them off and restart the checkpoint for about 70 times. No trophy pop.

The third time was like the second bu t instead of restarting, I fell off the cliff. Got the trophy after 30 tries.

Hope this helps. So effin happy im done with the trophy.