Is this game worth getting?

Sorrows Neptune

Right now I'm looking for a PSN game that'll keep me occupied for a week or two, and I'm kind of on the fence about getting Blade Kitten. The main reason for this is because it's gotten mixed reviews. Most notably IGN gave it a 5/10, and 1up.com gave it a B-. I played the demo and thought the gameplay was pretty decent (nothing great though).

What's your guys opinion? Is the game worth the $15? Or should I buy some other game instead?

Well, in terms of content, I would say it's worth the $15. If you go for all/a majority of the collectibles yourself, the game can easily run you around 10 hours.

You pretty much summed it up. It's decent, nothing amazing. A cute platformer, not very complex but it doesn't really do anything wrong IMO.

If there's another game out there that you think has a better chance of wowing you, I'd say go with that. I like Blade Kitten a lot, but it's not a 'need to buy right now' game.

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest problem I had with this game is that some of Kit's animations are downright hideous. At times she looks like something off a PS1 game.

Aside from that, you get what you pay for. That pretty much sums it up. It's not a BAD game, but you'll feel it could be better many, many times.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd say the game is worth playing. It's a fairly large game, with huge levels, plenty of enemies, and decent gameplay to keep things rolling. As previously mentioned, some of the animations are somewhat suspect, but if you can overlook that, Blade Kitten is a fun game that should keep you busy for a while. :)

Just be mindful of the glitched Loot To Boot trophy! ;)

• 1 year later...
its a no brainer atm ... till 22.01.14 it costs only €2.96 (-10% if you're on plus)

Heh, yeah, I got it during this promotion. A bit off topic, but those 10% are kinda useless, though I did had a laugh at how tiny that extra cut was.