Blacklight: Tango Down ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

http://i.imgur.com/qzc1et4.png

If you are not a registered member of PlaystationTrophies.org and have found this Trophy Guide and Roadmap to be helpful, want to leave a comment or feedback suggestions, please feel free to join the forums today! If you do so, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give the author,

Blaze Naruto Shippuden, a referral.

Please note that the servers for this game have now closed, meaning that all of the trophies are now unobtainable.

Overview:

- Estimated Platinum Difficulty: 4/10 - Not hard at all, just time consuming.

- Approximate Time To Platinum: 75+ hours looks likely.

- Trophies: 7(B)4(S)1(G)0(P)

- Offline: 0

- Online: 12

- Missable Trophies: 0

- Minimum Playthroughs Needed: 0

- Difficulty Affects Trophies: N/A

- Glitched Trophies: Gearhead, more info in trophy description.

- Cheats: There are cheats to this game, but they're only weapon tag add-ons. Entering cheat codes won't disable trophies.

Summary:

Blacklight: Tango Down is a futuristic FPS set in a rundown Eastern European city 25 years in the future. Up to 16 players will be able to join a game on 13 maps. The focus is on a customizable weapon system that doles out upgrades one at a time as players level up.

Road Map:

This game is ONLINE ONLY so you can't miss any trophies. The trophies are very easy, however, they're also very time consuming. To be honest, you don't need to read this guide to finish it 100%. But please take in consideration that it's best to have a checklist of the maps that you won on and the maps that you 100% hack all 3 Control Points on.

Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/01.jpgn00b (B) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Win 1 quick match! Welcome to the winning team!

Self-explanatory. Just join a Quick Match and be the team that wins the match.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/02.jpgOpportunist (B) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Kill 10 opponents in a public match while they are affected by a Digi Grenade.

Digi Grenades are the grenades that explode into a digital sphere. They fog/cloud up your screen when walking/running through them. These grenades are starter grenades. You can equip them on any of your classes in the Armory section by going to your classes’ equipment section. In order to get this trophy, you must kill 10 enemies who are currently affected by a Digi Grenade. It must explode right next to them or kill them if they ran inside one. Also note that you can cook grenades in this game by holding down the :l2: button. Cooking your Digi Grenades might help you get your kills faster. Keep throwing your Digi Grenades to achieve this trophy before you attempt to kill the person you thrown it at. Also note that Digi Grenades can hurt/kill your enemies sometimes. This is only a small amount of damage, but if an enemy is killed this way it will still count toward the trophy unlocking. Kills are cumulative. It can be easily boosted in the Boosting thread Here.

In my personal opinion, the best game type to unlock this trophy on is in Domination. Chuck your Digi Grenades at the Control Points when you see enemy teams trying to hack them or capture them. It unlocked faster this way for me.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/03.jpgTour of the City (B) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Achieve a win in any game mode on every map in quick match games!

Maps are areas or locations where battles between The Order and the Blacklight can take place. There are currently 13 maps in the game. Please note that maps are random and might take some time to get the map that you want. Please make a checklist of these 13 maps and cross them off your list once you win on them on any game type.

Maps:

* Brutalism

* Crossover

* Curfew

* Derailer

* Dropzone

* Floodgate

* Pitfall

* Post Alley

* Skyfire

* Shadow Market

* Slumlord

* Wharfare

* Zero Point

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/04.jpgField Officer (B) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Reach the rank of Sergeant.

Reach level 7 ----> 12,500 XP

Also see General.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/08.jpgCommisioned Officer (B) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Reach the rank of Second Lieutenant.

Reach level 38 ----> 230,000 XP

Also see General.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/09.jpgCommand Officer (B) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Reach the rank of Major.

Reach level 50 ----> 400,000 XP

Also see General.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/12.jpgHack the Gibson (B) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Hack every control point on every multiplayer map in quick match games.

This can only be done by while playing Domination games. Every map has 3 Control Points that can either be hacked or captured by standing next to it. To unlock this trophy, you need to hack every Control Point on every map. To begin hacking a Control Point you have to stand next to it and hold down the :square: button. You can hack a point by using the :up:,:right:,:down:,:left: buttons or by pressing :square:,:circle:,:cross:,:triangle:. You must press a random four-button combination. Watch the buttons flash and press them in the same order after you know the four-step pattern. It's best to have a checklist and check off the maps that you successfully hacked on. You must have hacked all 3 Control Points for the map to count toward the trophy unlocking. Also note this trophy has become impossible to get without boosting since nobody plays Domination anymore, choosing to play Team Deathmatch instead. It can be easily boosted in the Boosting thread Here.

Also: note that this game has host migrations similar to the CoD series. If these host migrations fails on a map that you hacked. I'm uncertain if it'll count towards the trophy unlocking. I just hacked them over again to be safe.

Maps:

* Brutalism

* Crossover

* Curfew

* Derailer

* Dropzone

* Floodgate

* Pitfall

* Post Alley

* Skyfire

* Shadow Market

* Slumlord (Only has one Control Point in the center of map. Rush to it quickly and hack it fast.)

* Wharfare

* Zero Point

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/05.jpgDodgeThis (S) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Headshot 25 opponents while they are using HRV in quick match games.

The Hyper Reality Visor, or the HRV, is used both by Blacklight and The Order. The HRV is activated by pressing :up:. With the HRV, it is easy to distinguish between friend and foe. The HRV also helps identify nearby health, ammo stations, enemy defense turrets, and will give you more detailed information on game objectives. You need to score 25 headshots on people using the visor mode; this may take a while to get naturally, but can be easily boosted using the Boosting thread Here.

I had to boost to earn/unlock this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/06.jpgWay of the Gun (S) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Kill an opponent with their own weapon in a quick match. Ouch!

Self-explanatory. Kill an enemy and pick up their weapon by holding :triangle:. Now you have to kill that same enemy before you die and lose their weapon. You can do this very easily if you are close to the opposing team's spawning area and continue to spawn kill/spawn trap. Don't go all the way into their spawn though or the turrets will kill you making you lose their weapon. Domination is the best game type to get this on.

A video from youtube for an added bonus:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyHla1NqDsE]YouTube - Blacklight: Tango Down - "Way of the Gun" - Achievement/Trophy Guide[/ame]

Thanks to xXLostInPlaceXx

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/07.jpgFlatten and Reinstall (S) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Kill 25 opponents in quick match games while they are EMPed!

Use the same strategy as in Opportunist, but use EMP grenades instead of Digi Grenades. Similar tactics should work well. EMP grenades are the grenades that turn your screen blue and confuse you. Also note that EMP grenades kill faster than Digi Grenades. If hit directly they can take 50-100 health. Kills are cumulative.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/11.jpgGeneral (S) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagunobtainable:

Achieve the rank of Brigadier General. Hats off to you!

Reach level 62 ----> 660,000 XP.

The fastest way to level up is by playing Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch games. You can easily get 2000-3000 XP a game on average or 4000-5000 XP if you're a beast. Another game you can get a lot of XP from is by playing Domination by hacking the Control Points. Just keep hacking for more XP while going for hacks on every map. You'll end the game with around 1500 to 2500 on average.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden
Updated referral link

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/419/10.jpgGearhead (G) :tagonline: :tagmulti: :tagglitched: :tagunobtainable:

Unlock all gear and weapons!

Also see General.

You unlock all your weapons and gear by simply leveling up. You'll get this naturally in time if you're planning on going to the maximum level of 70. Also note that you must unlock all Tags for your weapons to unlock the trophy.

Glitched Trophy Warning:

I can conclude that this trophy is glitched. The reason this trophy is glitched is due to the weapon tags unlocking randomly and not by the process of leveling up. You will not get this trophy upon reaching level 70. Level 70 is the last piece of armor in the game you'll unlock, but some players have reported that they still had about 1-3 weapon tags still locked. In my case of the glitched trophy, I had all weapon tags unlocked at level 68 due to the reason that I was unlocking 2 weapon tags every time I leveled up (In one point in my leveling I unlocked 3 weapon tags randomly). In others words, when I reached level 70 for the last piece of gear. I should have unlocked the trophy. This wasn't the case and the trophy didn't unlock for me despite me meeting the proper requirements for the trophy.

This has also been a glitched achievement reported on our sister site, however, the game developers released a patch for the Xbox-360 version of the game. This patch enable them to unlock the achievement by logging out at the game's main start up screen then logging back in to unlock their rightful achievement.

The PS3 version hasn't received it's first patch yet since the game's release in October 26, 2010. I read a patch topic on the Blacklight: Tango Down's forum that they were working on the game's issues and this trophy glitch is one of those issues to be fixed, however; another studio has the ownership of the game and it's now in their hands to patch it or not. All I can say is that if you patient enough to wait in hopes of a patch to release, then the issue might be resolved.

I have done everything in my power to find a way around this glitch without a patch and failed. The things I done and tried out are as follows:

* Logging offline and then online again at front screen when promoted to press :cross:

* Deleting and reinstalling game over again

* Playing more games in hopes that it'll pop up

* Unlocking more game rewards (Awards are not related to unlocking trophy as stated by an developer of the game.)

* Leaving my PS3 on at the Weapon Tag screen overnight's sleep

* Leaving my PS3 on at the game's front screen overnight's sleep

* Removing clan tag and playing more games in hopes it'll pop

* Leaving a message about the Gearhead trophy problem at the game's main forums as well as send a private message to the developers behind the game. (Many who have moved on to different studios before the game was released on the PS3)

If there's a way around this glitch trophy please share the information and credit would be given to you once I confirmed the trick works.

Update 3/13/2011: Here's the reply I got from a developer:

We had seen something like this happen rarely before. But we are not 100% sure what causes it. We did make some fixes to it and some of those went into the PS3 version that is live now. We also made some additional fixes to it - in code the Ignition Entertainment has now, I believe.

I am not sure if what Ignition has would fix the issue or not, as we are still not 100% sure what causes it.

Either way, however, it is in Ignition's hands at the moment. We are ready to patch the game, and have made numerous fixes to the PS3 version since it went live. But, we can only send the fixes to Ignition who is then responsible for deciding if they want to patch it, paying Sony to do a patch, and then actually sending out the new code.

I wish I could help more, but unfortunately, I can't.

Sorry. :(

Hello, if you don't mind I have a question. Is the Gearhead trophy for the PS3 version of the game glitched in anyway? I have reached level 70 this week and have unlocked the final armor and yes I have all tags for my weapons since I was level 68. The Gearhead trophy is my last trophy and yet it's not unlocking. I worked so hard to achieve the requirements to unlocking it. Is there anyway for me to unlock the trophy or do I have to wait for the patch to arrive in or to fix it? Please respond to my question if you kindly could. And thank you for the awesome comment about the Blacklight Guide.

Thank you,

Leo

There you have it, The Blacklight: Tango Down Trophy Guide & Road Map. This was my first guide written. Took me 5 hours of my time. Feedback is welcome. Enjoy and merry xmas! :xmas:

trophy tagging added

• 1 month later...
im at rank level 62. last trophy i need is gearhead any way i can check if i will get it, or do i just have to reach level 70 and see if it pops?

look at your weapon tags once you have them all and you have your last level 70 armor you should get it. I was glitched, I had all weapon tags at level 68 leaving me with only the level 70 armor to unlock and didn't get the trophy. Some PS3 users got it though, some didn't and they're also level 70 and played more hours and days than I have.

NO TROPHY!!:mad:

had 16 tags to unlock at level 62. i kept unlocking 2 everytime i leveled up, so i thought i might get it after unlocking the last two tags. after hitting level 70 and unlocking the last two tags along with all the armor i get nothing. LOL sucks ass

Edited by RED_REBEL44

NO TROPHY!!:mad:

had 16 tags to unlock at level 62. i kept unlocking 2 everytime i leveled up, so i thought i might get it after unlocking the last two tags. after hitting level 70 and unlocking the last two tags along with all the armor i get nothing. LOL sucks ass

I know how you feel mate. It robbed me of my time and I'll never see it at 100% till they patch the PS3. SO just hope for the patch to come. They doing BTD2 at the moment they said and have not forgotten about the PS3's issues.

• 1 year later...
Does this game has bots like Modern Combat?

No bots at all, you'll have to get all trophies in public matches, etc. It can be boosted though if you have boosters willing to help you. Just by searching the same game at the same time will cause you to find each other since this game is dead. Be warned though, that the Gear Head trophy might glitch and not unlock for you. If it happens you'll never unlock the trophy as the game was never patched unlike the 360 version. Only a few people unlocked that trophy without it glitching on them, others including myself were unlucky.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand this game has a glitched trophy and it may be that I will be stuck at 71%. But a few ppl actually have the trophy. I just want to try my luck with boosters. I really wish that all of us get 100%.

I got "Hack the Gibson" yesterday Thanks for the list :)

I understand this game has a glitched trophy and it may be that I will be stuck at 71%. But a few ppl actually have the trophy. I just want to try my luck with boosters. I really wish that all of us get 100%.

I got "Hack the Gibson" yesterday Thanks for the list :)

Some of those people are hackers. Some are legit and got it without it glitching. the_gods14 for example is legit. He could easily get his 100% if he wanted too but he the causal type of gamer. The others are hackers that I can't name.

Good luck if you going for it. You might be one of the lucky ones. This game will never get the fix.

Some of those people are hackers. Some are legit and got it without it glitching. the_gods14 for example is legit. He could easily get his 100% if he wanted too but he the causal type of gamer. The others are hackers that I can't name.

Good luck if you going for it. You might be one of the lucky ones. This game will never get the fix.

According to PSNprofiles there are 6 ppl who have the trophy.

Gearhead Trophy in Blacklight: Tango Down - PSNProfiles.com

I'm sure that 5 of them are not hackers. They earn trophies legit. We just need great luck ?

Thanks for cheering me up :)

• 2 weeks later...
I heard that companies are allowed 1 or 2 free patches to be released to Sony, and then after that they have to pay for service fees, etc. Not sure why they can't use this on Blacklight since it has never received a single patch.

They did fix it but another company owns the rights to the game. It was up to them to release that patch which they never did.

• 1 year later...