Battle of Eastern Solomon's

reto65

Read the guides infor on how to beat this level personally not working for me - by far the hardest level in the game I've come across to this point can't get passed it on simplied was really enjoying the game to this point but this just makes me want to never play it again - looking for any advice that might help

Thanks

Read the guides infor on how to beat this level personally not working for me - by far the hardest level in the game I've come across to this point can't get passed it on simplied was really enjoying the game to this point but this just makes me want to never play it again - looking for any advice that might help

Thanks

If you read the info, then there's not much more I can tell you I'm afraid. :think:

Personally I never played on Simplified, so I'm unsure how this mission is on that difficulty.

But your aircraft should be way easier to handle, you should have a 'targeting rectangle' (the thing that tells you where you need to shoot in order to hit your target), and you should be able to use WEP without overheating your engine.

That aside, this mission is considered by many as the most difficult mission in the game. And it will take you some skill, but mostly luck to get past it. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming the part you're having difficulties with is protecting your bombers.

The first thing that makes it difficult is the fact that your AI allies suck, which pretty much means your stuck defending 18 bombers on your own.

Secondly, the bombers can die from 3 things:

- The AI loves to fly against each other,

- Once your in range of the aircraft carrier's flak guns you will take casualties and there's nothing you can do about it,

- Enemy fighters (this is obviously the only one you can do something about).

At the start, when playing on Simplified, you might want to use your WEP to boost towards where the enemy fighters will come from and try to take one down while going head on.

After that the best strategy is to stay behind your friendly bombers. Not too close, leave a gap between you and them. You'll see the enemy fighters flying in that gap and that's when you shoot them. If you manage to kill one, good, if not and it flies away, then don't follow it. Move on to the next one.

Then once you're in range of the anti-aircraft guns and the bombers are close enough to attack, you'll need some more luck, since they usually get torn to shreds there.

This takes some practice and a lot of luck, but eventually you should be able to get past it.

Some other tips:

- If I remember correctly you can zoom in, use that to aim better.

- Do you need to reload on Simplified when your ammo gets depleted? :confused: Because if that's the case you might want to try and avoid that as much as possible. You are helpless during that time. Especially try to conserve your cannon ammo, it's the strongest, so only use it when you're sure you can hit.

- If your aircraft happens to get shot down and it switches to another aircraft it often seems to be located somewhere far away from the fight. You don't want that! So try to stay alive.

- Don't forget to set your gun convergence to an appropriate distance for yourself

Edited by Aruberikku