Rate the trophy difficulty...  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.88

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

For people who have a lot of experience with (combat) flight simulators, like myself, I would rate this game somewhere between 3/10. For people who are not familiar with this kind of genre, I'd say 6/10. (More if you wouldn't have been able to exploit the custom difficulty and use it to earn some difficulty related trophies.)

(My final rating I used in the poll is an average of these two.)

The biggest chunk of trophies are earned when you go through the historical campaigns. You will earn trophies after completing certain chapters and also after completing an entire campaign.

On top of that, you can unlock a trophy during every mission if you meet the requirements. These usually require you to do something "special", kill a certain number of targets, protect friendlies, etc... Most of these aren't difficult, because you can play on any difficulty with unlimited fuel/ammo. Four trophies however, do have to be earned on a specific difficulty setting, but because of this "exploit", all of these except one can be earned a lot more easily.

The online trophies are also easy and don't require a lot of work, especially if you choose to boost them. The one that requires most work would probably be Good Start, but if you focus on this one, you will likely get the other online trophies along the way. In the case that the online dies, all these trophies can easily be earned in a small private match.

Apart from the campaign and online trophies, there are a bunch of other trophies (e.g.: single mission trophies, kill trophies, rank trophies,...). You will just need to do some basic stuff, nothing crazy like completing/unlocking everything. A lot of these will be earned without needing to focus on them.

If you happen to own a decent flightstick, the game gets a bit easier since you can control the aircraft a lot smoother. For those who don't have this, don't worry, because it can easily be completed without one.

All in all an easy platinum that can be earned over a span of 3 - 7 days, depending on your familiarity with flight simulators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost have it, few challenge ones left

4/10, trophies are all straight forward and usually fun, but it is incredibly hard to get kills on other fighters in this game on simulator difficulty

huge learning curve, even if you play on simplified this is decently difficult

great game though, easily a 9/10

• 4 months later...

I'll give it a 5, but only because all the difficulty-related trophies, (except of Hedgehopper) glitched on me in a positive way - got them all on my own custom difficulty level.

Hedgehopper was a bit hard, since I've played the whole game on Custom, evaluated as Realistic, but in fact it was Simplified with all the pilot effects on (blackout, red-eye) so I had to learn just how to keep the plane in the air, not to mention a ground attacks. The frustrating part was to get the whole squadron up in the air, cause AI allways made one of my squad mates go down after the carrier lift off, so U have to babysitt them all the way up.

Killer trophy was annoying, as the targets were microscopic & U could only see them like right in front of the plane while beeing on the crash course with the ground. Mixing the blind fire & kamikaze techniques did the trick for me here.

Had no response on on boosting thread, so I did all the online trophies on random matches - it's really not that hard, just a matter of luck. The medals can be easily grinded with bots matches (set player number to 4 & you only need to shoot down 2 planes which actually ends the round & then repeat following the criteria.

In the end, I've used legit kills/kamikaze mixed tactic to get the hedgehopper and finally - my 60th plat :) I even got left with one last plane still flying, so I could make an epic crash while trying to do my 1st (and last) carrier landing ever on Simulator diff :D

This is a fabulous game for hardcore aircraft fans, but I wouldn't recomend it to anyone else, since it's not as spectacular as other games, especially not for casuals, since it's not easy at all & requires at least minimal knowledge about aviation's mechanics.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

• 1 month later...

I'll give it a 4. Nothing too bad at all. The online should only take about 3 hours, and that's with trading wins back and forth with just one other person so you both earn medals at the same time.

Hedgehopper was a little difficult but you CAN manipulate the difficulty in Custom to attain a Simulator difficulty and have it be easier than playing straight Simulator Difficulty, despite what the guide says.

• 3 weeks later...

I also go for a 4/10. I've never played a flight simulator before, but you can play the majority of this game on arcade settings which means anyone could get a handle on this. There is only one truly challenging trophy: 'Hedgehopper' and that just takes a bit more practise than the others, but is well within the average gamers grasp.

Fairly quick platinum, but the game left me a bit underwhelmed tbh, especially given all the good reviews I read about it.

• 9 months later...
Was wondering if this game was worth attempting.. thought id ask on here if anyone who had already gotten the plat thought it was worth the time?

Time wise, it doesn't take very long so you don't need to be worried about that. If you're after an easyish, pretty fun plat then I'd say go for it. It's an okay game and mixes things up a bit from the other games out there, especially if you've never played a flight game before. To mark the game I'd say only a 5/10 for me, I thought it would be about a 9/10 from what I'd read in other reviews. I should add I'm a fairly harsh marker of games as I have high expectations, and so you have a reference point for my tastes of the last games I've played I've really enjoyed Batman: AA, Far Cry 3, Knytt Underground & Awesomenauts.

• 1 month later...

this game is easy for most of the trophys...only 1 trophy is a little bit harder...but with the right settings and the right view not so hard...its a little bit cheap sometimes ....after al a very good game...not as good as il sturmovik but a easy platinum....for trophy and platina hunters a must to play ofcorse.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Awarded the game a 5. Being able to steer and actually kill enemies on simulator difficulty takes some time and is still up to luck at that point, depending on how heavily your plane is being shot at (for Hedgehopper this ranges from not at all to all the time, with no apparent reason). One mission in the Japanese campaign will also try your nerves, just because it's just up to a dice cast as to whether the bombers will survive or not. Really dumb IMO. Fun game though!