Helpful bug for the "Realistic" difficulty trophies + more XP with casual-like diff

Aruberikku

I have accidently discovered an "exploit" that allows you to use the custom difficulty to earn the realistic difficulty trophies while flying a difficulty setting that is actually easier than the real realistic mode. On top of this, you will also earn the same XP as the real realistic difficulty. (This does not work for the Simulator difficulty trophy.)

In order to be able to earn the realistic difficulty trophies with the custom difficulty you first of all need to make sure that the game evaluates your custom difficulty as "Realistic" (check the bottom left corner while adapating the custom settings).

The second thing you need to be aware of is that the option "Real damage model" must be set to "No", otherwise I believe this exploit doesn't work. (Credits to InfiniteStates for finding this part.)

The pictures below show you the settings to create the easiest custom difficulty that is evaluated as "realistic" and allows you to earn trophies.

zUA2I37.jpg

4AS3KkV.jpg

Edited by Aruberikku
Updated image host

What custom settings did you use for Sharp Shooter because that trophy has given me 2 nights of utter grief so far... I even finished the mission once with 7 aircraft kills but no trophy. WTF?:mad:

EDIT: never mind - just set the "realistic damage model" to "no". I got it instantly after that :)

Now on to Hedge Hopper - I predict more frustration, but at least there isn't a time limit...

Edited by InfiniteStates

What custom settings did you use for Sharp Shooter because that trophy has given me 2 nights of utter grief so far... I even finished the mission once with 7 aircraft kills but no trophy. WTF?:mad:

EDIT: never mind - just set the "realistic damage model" to "no". I got it instantly after that :)

Now on to Hedge Hopper - I predict more frustration, but at least there isn't a time limit...

I was pretty sure that the first time I tried it, I got 5 kills. But I didn't get the trophy then, so I figured I just miscalculated, but apparently it's not just me then.

So you can actually confirm that you got the Sharp Shooter trophy using custom settings as well? I still haven't had the time to properly test it on another account.

Good luck with Hedgehopper. I found it easier than Sharp Shooter actually, except that the AA guns can randomly 1 shot you occasionally. I was under the impression that the left side of the main island (seen from the point of view as you approach) has less guns trying to shoot you down.

And if you feel you're taking too much damaged, then just use a kamikaze attack on one of the targets. Otherwise you'll probably get shot down a minute later anyway.

Edited by Aruberikku

Good luck with Hedgehopper. I found it easier than Sharp Shooter actually...

Cheers. Yeah I found Hedge Hopper really easy actually, but then I'm predominantly a sim player. Did it first attempt :)

With the custom exploit on the damage model, I would say this game is a 6/10 for platinum difficulty. Without the exploit it's a 9/10. Nice find though, for sure.

well my trophy sharp shooter is glitched but on the bad way it wont unlock on custom and wont unlock on the ordinary hard way i got over 5 kills every single time over 10 times but still nothing and i have also tried to delete my save files and do it all again but it still dont work :( any one got an idea how to fix it?

well my trophy sharp shooter is glitched but on the bad way it wont unlock on custom and wont unlock on the ordinary hard way i got over 5 kills every single time over 10 times but still nothing and i have also tried to delete my save files and do it all again but it still dont work :( any one got an idea how to fix it?

Hmmm, earlier when I told you to delete your game data and install it again, I didn't mean delete your save files. :eek: Just the installation files of the game, found under "Game Data Utility".

If that doesn't work and you are 100% sure that you are playing the correct mission and get 5 or more kills, then sadly I have no idea what else can be done. Maybe you should try posting about this on the official BoS forum?

http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/forum/23-birds-of-steel/

Hmmm, earlier when I told you to delete your game data and install it again, I didn't mean delete your save files. :eek: Just the installation files of the game, found under "Game Data Utility".

If that doesn't work and you are 100% sure that you are playing the correct mission and get 5 or more kills, then sadly I have no idea what else can be done. Maybe you should try posting about this on the official BoS forum?

Birds of Steel - Gaijin Entertainment Forum

yeah i know i deleted first the installation file but that dident work so i deleted it all but i did a back up save before that. And yeah played the right mission and got the right number of kills.and i sent a mail to a guy at gaijinent i gotta wait until he answer. I wil also make a post at that site as well

I used this to get two of the realistic trophies

and I am working on the third. My question

is, can this also be used to get the simulator

trophy?

GuapoPogi

No, because the game won't evaluate your difficulty as simulator if you switch the "Real damage model" to No

I've had the issue where it wouldn't give the trophy despite having 7 kills (according to the end game screen).

For the custom difficulty, I'm guessing you're screen says "Difficulty Estimate: Realistic" (or something like that) in the bottom left?

I've had the issue where it wouldn't give the trophy despite having 7 kills (according to the end game screen).

For the custom difficulty, I'm guessing you're screen says "Difficulty Estimate: Realistic" (or something like that) in the bottom left?

yeah it said Realistic but i dont know why the trophy dident unlock.

Edit. for some reason the trophy finally unlocked today and the platinum whit it :) but i have no idea what i did wrong i got same settings all the. Time oh well i got it any way :dance:

Can I get the Simulator Trophy using this method if Real Damage Model is YES ?

"Real Damage Model" set to No should be what causes this "glitch", so no. On top of that, you can't create an easier custom difficulty that gets evaluated as simulator compared to the true simulator difficulty. Only a more difficult one.

It's not that hard really, got it first try. :p

Just get the hang of flying in simulator difficulty first. Stay low and try to stay to the sides of the island, rather than flying over it in the middle. There's a lot more AA guns that will shoot at you if you fly there.

The targets are weakly armored, so take your time to aim and fire a good burst once you get closer.

Hedgehopper is not hard as it seems, but there's a way to make it easier.

After the take off whith the default pilot you will note that the second pilot in the list (press select) is always down, it make impossible to arrive at the ground strike section with all the planes.

At the very beginning switch immediatly the pilot and choose the second, if you're lucky enough you'll arrive with 4 planes to the crucial point giving you the chanche of 4 kamikaze attack instead of 3.

I know it's not much, but i hope it can help

Edited by Smoking

"Real Damage Model" set to No should be what causes this "glitch", so no. On top of that, you can't create an easier custom difficulty that gets evaluated as simulator compared to the true simulator difficulty. Only a more difficult one.

You can change a few settings to easier and still have

it evaluate it as Simulator. You can turn Pilot Mortality

to no and there are a few HUD settings you can turn

on, the HUD won't appear so most of the settings you

can turn on don't help though. I think you can also

turn off the Flutter Effect. Just tinker with the settings

to see what it will allow you to do. I managed to get

Hedgehopper and my Platinum on my second try this

morning. My first try I quit before the first check point

because 1 of my retarded wingmen flew off the deck of

the carrier and never pulled up so he went for an early

swim and another blew up on the deck of the carrier

for no reason.

GuapoPogi

PS Shouldn't this game be called Birds of Aluminum? It

seems to me that these planes were made of aluminum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

woaw, trying to use this trick, but some i do no damage played a lot with the gun convergence , lost my patience, i see that i hit the bombers, but they just don't go down. That and my own wing-men flying into me, getting shot down, by my own ships and re-spawning in my squad members planes that are 6km away from the enemy planes, yep big fun.

• 7 months later...
woaw, trying to use this trick, but some i do no damage played a lot with the gun convergence , lost my patience, i see that i hit the bombers, but they just don't go down. That and my own wing-men flying into me, getting shot down, by my own ships and re-spawning in my squad members planes that are 6km away from the enemy planes, yep big fun.

This is just the system, on Defender it does just that. Its munted, youre almost there then boom youre buttfaced AI team smash into you..then you respawn miles away! FUUUUUUUUUUUU :chair:

• 1 month later...