How to beat last boss easily on Survivor

Liad-88

So I just finished the last boss on Survivor, and the tactics I used made him laughably easy, so I just figured i'd post some quick ways how to do him, if anyone has trouble with him.

First Phase when he's Fire:

Side-step all the time, this way his fireball misses and his charge misses. whenever you can, use the crossbow with the steel-tip bolt. If you want, you can use Target Dummy just to make him even easier, but i never even got hit by just sidestepping, and the crossbow takes him down with like 6-10 bolts.

Second Phase when he's Ice:

Use Security Bullseye on him to make the bots attack him, this way you don't have to bother about hacking them, they will keep on him till he's dead. For the weapon of choice, use the chemical thrower with napalm, this really stings him good. Sidestep as usual, and you shouldn't get hit (you might get hit a bit, but no problem). If you want, use Target Dummy to keep him off you.

Third Phase when he's Lightning:

The weapon of choice is Grenade Launcher with frag grenades (i didn't have RPG's - they might be better). Hit the splicers with enrage, and they'll take the aggro off you. keep hitting him with frag grenades, and if you're lucky you can hit him when he's close to the exploding barrels (one hit with the barrels took away 50% of his hp for me).

Whenever he runs back to the chair, drain his adam (but you know that), and if you use this strategy you should be able to take him down while not taking any damage (or minimal at worst), and you should finish the fight in about 1-2 minutes.

He's a pretty easy end-boss but I found him to be hilariously easy using this strategy. Hope this helps anyone having trouble!

i really want the platinum for bioshock, i just cant see myself finishing it on survivor without vita chambers. i was considering going back to it to give it a good bash, i might now, ill look for strategy guides like this, really helpful, thanks :)

I just finished this trophy tonight. As long as you turn off the vita-chambers in options and save VERY often, it's not too difficult.

i really want the platinum for bioshock, i just cant see myself finishing it on survivor without vita chambers. i was considering going back to it to give it a good bash, i might now, ill look for strategy guides like this, really helpful, thanks :)

Yes, as already said, save VERY often, and after the neptune's bounty chapter, your character will get seriously stronger.

At the end of Neptune's bounty there are 3 big daddies, and you can make them kill themselves with enrage, so you'll get a nice boost of adam for almost free.

Also, that's the chapter that gives you the camera, so taking pictures of splicers will lead to greater damage.

After that chapter difficulty level dropped, maybe even too much.

• 7 months later...

Found a similar tactic which worked a treat for me.

First, empty a canister of electrical gel into him - should drain all of his health for the first round. Reload before you drain his ADAM.

Second, use the rest of the gel and tag him with the Security Bullseye. Once he's drained, select the Incinerate plasmid and equip your rocket launcher with heat seeking missiles. Drain his ADAM again.

Third, hit him once with Incinerate and then launch all your rockets. Bam, Fontaine is dead and you probably won't have even gotten a scratch.

It's weird, apart from the first two levels, I actually found Survivor easier to get through than Hard :)

Edited by Adonai-

Got my platinum last night :dance: Single play-through on survivor. Was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to do it during the first couple of chapters - I suck at FPS - but, as lots of other people have said, it gets easier as you level up.

Found the final boss fight pretty straight-forward too. Used some of the plentiful supply of barrels with a few proximity mines attached for good measure for the first attack. More barrels, heat-seeking RPGs and a bit of electric gel for the second. Used the security bullseye to diverty the bots. More electric gel and frag grenades for the last attack. Ignored the splicers. Simples: dance:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What worked for me?

=============================

===== Elevator Entrance

Keep Fontaine/Atlas dashing back and forth here.

==== ====

If you can keep Fontaine dashing in a straight line, he will really overshoot his target, allowing you more time to dodge. Doing this technique on the part of the map I described above works because it's probably the most convenient A-to-B location on the map. The ice attacks are much faster than the fire ones, so it's important to let him overshoot the gap and give you more distance and time to dodge.

As the original poster suggested, Security Bullseye is good, but it really doesn't last too long. I normally make a run for the health station, so by the time I even get back there is only like ten to five seconds left on the clock.

For the fire part, I try to use the machine gun since his attacks are really easy to dodge. For the ice segment, I found using the crossbow is the best since it does a lot of damage.

For the last part, Target Dummy and heat-seeking missiles. I tried enrage but it doesn't do much. Target Dummy gets all of the splicers' attention, as well as Fontaine's. The last part is pretty damn difficult without Target Dummy, so I would suggest avoiding the headache.

The first two parts of the fight should not require the use of medpacks. One or two hits won't kill you. You will need as many health packs as you can get on the last part of the fight. Run to the health station after you drain Fontaine's Adam, not before, or else you risk having to play that round again.

That's about all I have to say about this. Now time to dust off the dlc and try to get the trophy from hell... I mean, Worlds of Hurt Expert. 100%, here I come.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in my clean up before the fight (only have the invent 100 items trophy left) and have a question about upgrades. I already have all 58 Tonics and am now left with 810 Adam. What is more recommened to purchase? Health upgrades or the level 3 versions of Winter Blast, Insect Swarm, Incinerate and Electro Bolt? There's also Cyclone Trap 2 and Sonic Boom 2 as available options?

Should I go for any of those Plasmids or are some Health and Eve upgrades a better choice? So far I've only purchased one Health Upgrade and none for Eve btw. Some input would be nice since I wouldn't like to let that Eve go to waste when I have it already.^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't see why you would need anything other than the Wrench and Security Bullseye. Equip all Wrench upgrades and just circle around him while constantly hitting with the wrench. He doesn't even get the chance to attack. In the second and third phases, hit him with SB first. No problem at all! The most simple way to defeat him! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5mv2KniqAw]You can see how this is done in AdamSpencer87's video.[/ame]

• 5 months later...

just got the key to crapture from a wee sis and splatinumed bioshlock.

it was kind of annoying grinding through different weapons trying to figure out what would damage him. whoever said to use the napalm on stage two... it only lit him on fire, almost zero damage. i used two full canisters of electric gel. first stage took 1.5 and i emptied what was left on stage two after hitting him with security bullseyeball. after that i went to liquid nitro and i think i finished him off with the wrench while he was frozen in stage two. stage three, heat-seekers and frags, in combo with enrage to take out the mini-me's, one of whom got in the way of a heat-seeker so i froze him again and switched to the crossbow, steel-belted...

• 2 months later...
Found a similar tactic which worked a treat for me.

First, empty a canister of electrical gel into him - should drain all of his health for the first round. Reload before you drain his ADAM.

Second, use the rest of the gel and tag him with the Security Bullseye. Once he's drained, select the Incinerate plasmid and equip your rocket launcher with heat seeking missiles. Drain his ADAM again.

Third, hit him once with Incinerate and then launch all your rockets. Bam, Fontaine is dead and you probably won't have even gotten a scratch.

It's weird, apart from the first two levels, I actually found Survivor easier to get through than Hard :)

This is what I did and it worked like a charm. I also found survivor to be easier than hard in the later levels. Kind of surprising

• 4 weeks later...