Rate the trophy difficulty.  

850 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_6.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Platinum Difficulty Summary:

olsen77 said:
The difficulty for this platinum lies in the skill to make it through Survivor, at least the first few levels anyway. All of the trophies can be attained in one playthrough on Survivor, but the first few levels are pretty difficult with limited ammo, no upgraded and basic weapons, and only a couple of plasmids to choose from. Going through on Survivor with Vita-Chambers disabled will earn you all of the difficulty trophies. There are a few other trophies to watch out for as well. “Lucky Winner” (hit the jackpot at a slot machine) can only be done in Fort Frolic and is based entirely on luck. You might burn through all of your money trying to get this one. Save before and reload once you get the trophy (or completely run out of money). “Historian” (find every audio diary) isn’t too bad, but there are about 120 audio diaries in the game. You can go back through all the levels using a bathysphere to search for diaries once you’re at the end. The only ones you can’t go back for are the two in the first level (Welcome to Rapture). “Tonic Collector” also seems to give people some trouble. Maxing out the camera research and rescuing all of the Little Sisters should make this one pretty easy.
olsen77 said:

The challenge rooms can be pretty difficult. The trophies for rescuing the Little Sisters are pretty easy once you have the puzzle figured out. You can find video guides for the locations of the roses on Youtube. The difficult ones are the speed runs (at least one of them) and the task trophies (“Pacifist,” “Master Electrician,” and “Tough Guy”). A few times to experiment with what works and doesn’t and you’ll figure out the best ways to get those trophies. There are also Youtube videos for those. The DLC trophy that will cause you the most problems is “Worlds of Hurt – Expert.” Using the crossbow and going for headshots helps because you get one hit kills, but for the most part, it’s practicing the level enough that you can get through each room as quickly as possible.

Edited by Viper
Updated average.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I rated this game a 5. Just have to play on survivor and you unlock all the other difficulties which makes platinum very short. You will die a lot however, and there is a lot of stuff you have to pickup on the way. I got it all in one playthrough though, but had to backtrack a few times.

My advice for anyone going for platinum is to make sure you have a good guide for all the tonics, plasmids, etc. The guide here on the site is pretty good, but had to search for the maps on another site for the tonics and plasmids. Also, the best possible combination (believe it or not) is the wrench and Electro Blast plasmid. Learn how to master these and you will find killing your foes much easier.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ab/u/Abuebao/card.png

Edited by Abuebao

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with most of the stuff said. trophies are straight forward and somewhat easy, just time consuming. i beat the game 3 times for all trophies. like people have said. more enjoyable on medium so my first play through was on medium, then i beat it on hard for the tropies i missed which were three. (besides the beat the game trophies) the only trophies you truely have to have any worry about are the three i missed my first playthrough and those are avid inventor, tonic collector and historian. just dont kill sander. for the love of god dont kill sander. i just downloaded the DLC and those trophies are kind of hard. so for th main tropies i give a 5 but for the DLC i give 7.5

Edited by Mee-Gell

I voted this one a 5... if you've got good guides for audio diaries and tonics and such, the only trophies that should give you trouble should be the Survivor-related ones.

That being said, as difficult as Survivor seems upon your first Big Daddy encounter, it gradually gets much easier as your character gets more powerful -- particularly if you pick up the health and eve upgrades (I didn't until the last level for fear of missing the tonic trophy twice, which is where many of my difficulties came from).

The trophies can be earned in one playthrough, though that's not how I did it. Not a big deal for me, though, as this is one of my favorite games this gen.

Gave it 8.

Reason: I think most of the trophies where easy, as you get em by following the story. The -Tunic Collector-, -Historian- and -I Chose the Impossible" trophies where pretty tough tho.

Besides the DLC isent needed to earn the platinum, but it sorta did to me. Looking at "Bioshock - Platinum - 87 %" just wasent good enough for me. So im counting them in my vote. The DLC is really fun and hard, made me happy when I got em!

I didn't vote on this one, as I have only played for about 2 hours at a friends house, but i would just like to throw out to those who are voting it so low, that if you don't follow a guide and have someone lead you around it is a little more difficult and that those people who are saying 1 playthru but have played it before(xbox pc etc) thats not really one play through

thats like saying you can beat it in one play through if you have already played through once... wtf sense does that make? From what i have seen/heard/ and read (two friends have the game and one is platinumed it already) this game requires more than one play through but isn't necessarily a killer challenge even with requiring multiple play throughs.

just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 5.

I managed to get it in one playthrough. It's a little hard in the beginning when your character isn't strong at all, but it gets a lot easier. By the end, I wasn't having trouble at all and it felt like I was playing on medium or something...

It's just time consuming to get all the audio diaries and the tonics, but as it was said, with a good guide it can be easily done.

If ive played the game and i have all of the trophies before playing survivor. If im playing survivor without killing big daddy will it work?

Interesting question...

I did same thing... 1 play through on normal and i Saved all the little sisters... then on Surviver i Drained them all so i could see the alternate ending...

Never though about skipping them...

On second hand .....you will make your game extremely hard if you dont kill atleast some...you need the Adam to get your Plasmids and health upgraded..

Try it if you want.

Lets us know how it goes lol... would be curious to see how you manage with just conventional weapons and few helper/low level plasmids.