Confirmation to switch difficulties for GOLD trophies.

MainComptonese

First , i would like to thank the following thread and X360A Testers :

Finally clarification on switching difficulties on the last battle! - Xbox360Achievements.org

[spoiler=durr]1) DO NOT UPDATE with the latest update for PS3 Version of Bioshock .

If Updated . then please delete the Game Save data & the Bioshock Game Data .

Then , reinstall Bioshock .

2)Start a new game on EASY Difficulty & do NOT die, nor use a VITA-CHAMBER & fight through all areas until you face ATLAS. Note: Using a Vita-chamber will not help and will not work for the 2 no death trophies. Though you should unlock Survivor & Hard difficulties? At least, I would think so.

3)When Atlas is on the last drain to 100% empty, wait a moment for Atlas to hit you.

In the between of the Hit & Cutscene; The Screen will turn white and blurry: This is where you want to press :start:) Press the exact commands listed , & do not press anything else that is not listed:

THEN PRESS :cross: ON THE OPTIONS

THEN PRESS :cross: ON THE DIFFICULTY TO SURVIVOR.

THEN PRESS :start: ON RESUME .

THEN The Atlas Cutscene will begin .

4) The Gold trophies will unlock at the beginning of the Little Sisier CG Cutscene / Bad Ending CG Cutscene.

[ame]

[/ame]

Credit to IIIDeath for this video.

This Video is similar, except for different timing with the white light .

*) Options why the glitch did not unlock the trophies for you :

1) You did the timing wrong, before or after Atlas had punched you!

2) You pressed the wrong buttons to do the glitch & didn't follow instructions!

3) You are not playing a US Version (Original / BLUS-30166)

4) Either you died and forgot to load your save ...

5) Updated the US Version and expected it to unlock trophies from the glitch!

ADDITIONAL NOTES ON GLITCH:

*THIS GLITCH IS BASED ON TIMING AND NO DEATHS / NO VITA-CHAMBERS on easy mode.

*ALSO , IN ORDER TO DO THIS GLITCH, YOU WILL NEED THE US VERSION!!!!!

LINK FOR THE US VERSION:

http://www.play-asia.com/bioshock-greatest-hits/13/703xvj

On my options ; I did not select on/off for Vita-chambers. The only thing I changed at the beginning was the framerate option, then left everything alone until the final battle .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTIONAL NOTE ABOUT THE JAPAN VERSION ("SPIKE THE BEST") :

THE JAPANESE VERSION WILL DISABLE THE GLITCH , SINCE THE PATCH IS EMBEDDED ON THE JAPANESE VERSION DISC ; WHICH MEANS , IF THE VERSION ISN'T UPDATED ON THE JAPAN VERSION ; IT WON'T MATTER SINCE THE GLITCH PATCH IS ALREADY INSTALLED ON THE DISC .

The Japan Version that I tried this on, was the SPIKE THE BEST ($35) , NOT THE $70+ ONE!!!

LINK FOR THE SPIKE THE BEST:

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3f1h-71-bp-49-en-84-j-70-3mtz.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTIONAL NOTE ABOUT THE EU VERSION :

Please Read:

This glitch does not work on the EU Version it must BE A US VERSION in order to do the glitch .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

REGION IDs of Bioshock :

The reason that it worked for you is because you have a US copy of Bioshock.

BLUS-30166 is the US version of the game.

BLES-00316 is the EU/AU version of the game.

BLJS-10041 is the original JP version of the game, with BLJS-10058 being the "Greatest Hits" JP version.

Note 1: This exploit does not work with the version of Bioshock that comes with certain copies of Bioshock Infinite. To get this working with the Ultimate Rapture Edition, you must decline the Pre-Install request that appears after loading the disc for the first time.

Note 2: This exploit also works with all known PS4 versions of the game.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow!

There is a live thread about just this think right now...

Spent my weekend trying to glitch it...

But I must say, I have not tried that...

Made backups on my savefiles, so this will be tested this evening...

In the between of the Hit & Cut-scene

Is there a part between??? :think:

Also , if you did not do the timing right ;

then press X on Continue (Main Menu) then re-do it .

I am not bullshiting anyone & would like to help those , in return for their contribution .

Remember , no deaths on easy & wait for the Last Adam Jar to completely be emptied , then get ready to press START asap to change difficulties .

I think , i press START ;

right when , the Screen was white ; after being punched by Fontaine .

There were a few times , where i did not get the timing right after the punch , hence why there was a 16 minute delay between my Golds and Atlas Defeated trophies .

Edited by MainComptonese

nice glitch

but there's no need to glitch bioshock

fairly easy game even on survival.. im playing on survival and im in room after [spoiler=durr]Ryan gets killed

and i didnt have any problems so far

im sure that anyone can get survival

Edited by Mendel

ZOMG I love you

thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,

I heard playing it on survivor was almost as stressful as playing W@W on veteran ^o^

You have to give credit to PS3guru for mentioning this glitch:applause:

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.

You have to give credit to PS3guru for mentioning this glitch:applause:

The only thing , that i give credit to PS3Guru is that ; he stated to not update Bioshock . He did not state the Glitch properly , nor could i get the glitch to work .

If you read the X360A thread that i gave Credit to ; they state the same thing that PS3Guru stated on PS3T & this glitch has been longer known on the Xbox 360 Versions . The X360A thread stated how to do the glitch & that is, how i got it to work .

COuld you post a video?

I already unlocked the Golds & would have to re-play & re-do all the trophies onto another PSN account ; though , i did not make a video on the final boss , sorry . The steps that i used should help out & stated them very accurately to my exact procedures from the X360A thread . Though , this has been my 4th time completing Bioshock (3X on the Xbox 360 & 1X on the PS3)

When my Japan Version of Bioshock arrives ; i will be able to make a video . I will do the same thing on easy then make a video for the ending . Also the PS3 Japan Version is Stackable , where you can double amount of the trophies . (X2 Trophies of the "Toaster in the tub" on your PSN Card)

Edited by MainComptonese

nice glitch

fairly easy game even on survival.. im playing on survival and im in room after (SPOILER) Ryan gets killed (END OF SPOILER) and i didnt have any problems so far

For most people, the first few levels of Survivor are difficult. Just because you found it easy, doesn't mean everyone will.

Also, please learn to use proper spoiler tags.

To the OP: Thanks for the tip. Would have been nice to get it before I platinumed the game :p

D

nice glitch

fairly easy game even on survival.. im playing on survival and im in room after [spoiler=durr]Ryan gets killed

and i didnt have any problems so far

Survivor wasn't bad after you get past the first few levels but it's well known that beating the game on Survivor for a few people is very hard or even impossible to the point they give up in achieving platinum.

I think that people should try giving Survivor a chance at first to see how they do but if it's impossible for them to beat the game I don't see why they shouldn't try this method.

I have tried to do this about 15 times....

But I can´t get it to work.....

I will give it a few more after work today, but I don´t have a good feeling anymore... :(

Even took away my saves, and gave it a go with my backups...

It took me about 7~8 tries , but it was well worth it . Just try to get the right time after Fontaine hits you . It has to be entering the Cut-scene and perfect timing , after you have been hit by Fontaine. Well , that it how i encountered it . After , i unpaused it ; the cut-scene started .

If i failed on the glitch , i just went back to the main menu and press to continue , not to load a save .

Also , i only used the Explosive Shotgun Shells to finish Fontaine through the entire battle .

Edited by MainComptonese

I've been doing some thinking about this:think: and I'm going to try and beat this game on Survivor w/out chambers and see if this game will beat me or if I beat the game. Sorry TC, I don't mean to bring you down emotionally or to bring down anyone else emotionally who used this method, but I got the feeling like I should try to beat this game on survival w/out chambers for some reason. I've gotten to Neptune's Bounty on my Survivor without chamber run before I heard of this tip so I'm gonna continue on that save, but I need to first find out cause the game saves don't really tell you what difficulty its on :(

If there's a time where I cannot beat this game no matter how much I try and there's no other option to complete this game on Survivor no matter how much of my soul I put into and will spiritually destroy me, then I'll try this.

Thanks for the tip anyway TC :D Good luck everyone and have a nice day.:D

Thanks for this, I'll definitely have to try it out. I'm not really all that fond of the game so if this works, it'll be awesome.

your all gonna suck at bioshock 2

You're a sad little man :nana: :ass: Just because someone wants to take a shortcut doesn't mean they suck. So it's kinda funny seeing this coming from a guy with only 2 easy ass plats xD

because the developers have disabled the glitch in a patch!

I'll start a run today and confirm or deny this!!

Also I pressed x to decline the uodate that is correct right?

Press O to decline the update. If updated , delete the 5GB space of Bioshock that was installed to the HDD . Then , decline the update and reinstall Bioshock .

me, for instance

Sugoi ! すごい!

Edited by MainComptonese

In my opinion this takes away the feeling that you have actually achieved something, which is for me the main purpose of collecting trophies but whatever floats your boat I quess.

I managed to beat the game on survivor legit this morning, even though I got the game almost 2 years ago :p felt good to get the platinum even after all that time I had pushed it forward since I thought it would be hard, but to be honest the game was not hard on survivor even though at times I had to think what is the best way to proceed and so on.