Bioshock Collection Difficulty Exploit

ChickenHams

I just finished Bioshock 1 and can confirm that the exploit to change difficulties at the end of the Fontaine Boss Battle does work. Start the game on Easy and Set Disable Vita Chambers to On. Get all other non difficulty related trophies done, and when the Fontaine Battle happens, once you drain the last Adam Jar and Fontaine punches you, the screen will turn white. At that point, pause the game, and set the difficulty to Survivor. The trophy for beating Fontaine will pop and during the cutscene, all other difficulty related trophies should pop. If they didn't , reload your save before the fight.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit of a random question here. all guides for this exploit involve starting the game on whatever difficulty, staying on that the whole playthrough, then changing to survivor at a key moment. what if i start the game on survivor (cos im already 10hrs in) and then change the difficulty to easy half way through, then back to survivor at the key moment? will the exploit still work?

a bit of a random question here. all guides for this exploit involve starting the game on whatever difficulty, staying on that the whole playthrough, then changing to survivor at a key moment. what if i start the game on survivor (cos im already 10hrs in) and then change the difficulty to easy half way through, then back to survivor at the key moment? will the exploit still work?

I don't know if anyone has tried it but it should work just the same since you are switching difficulty anyway at the end.

Does it work with Uk Versions aswell?

In the other thread a couple people said it did work for them on EU versions.

Edited by Shanehi185

In the other thread, the one with 400+ replies, that already existed at the time this new one was created....

...confirms that the UK version works. Please have posted they have the digital version, I don't recall seeing anyone post about the physical version but that definitely works as it is the version I had and it worked just fine for me.

No special method, plenty of time to do it. Drain Atlas the fourth time and as it goes white or even just after, up the difficulty and continue. You get the atlas defeated trophy as he dies and the difficulty related ones during the cutscene so don't panic when there is a gap.

I did this and it using the exploit it unlocked all difficulty trophies plus the no vita chamber trophies.

I started on survivor, but wasn't enjoying the game so turned it down to easy thinking I'll do a ng+ survivor run. But curious as I was I tried the exploitand it works.

Just set the difficulty to survivor after sticking the end boss for the last time. I changed the difficulty right before the punch and the white screen.

Hope this helps anyone ^^

I can confirm that this works on the UK version. I did my first play through on medium difficulty and I paused the game and switched to survivor difficulty a little after the screen went white when atlas was stumbling. I hadn't bothered to disable the vita chambers so didn't get those 2 trophies but the 2 trophies for beating the game on hard and survivor popped. Will definately be doing my next none vita/saving play through on easy and using this. I've done it legit on the ps3 and could do it again but nah!

I did this and it using the exploit it unlocked all difficulty trophies plus the no vita chamber trophies.

I started on survivor, but wasn't enjoying the game so turned it down to easy thinking I'll do a ng+ survivor run. But curious as I was I tried the exploitand it works.

Just set the difficulty to survivor after sticking the end boss for the last time. I changed the difficulty right before the punch and the white screen.

Hope this helps anyone ^^

Many thanks for this man (and Shanehi185). The idea had crossed my mind that changing the difficulty midgame might instantly void the difficulty trophies, good to know it doesn't! :D

I just finished Bioshock 1 and can confirm that the exploit to change difficulties at the end of the Fontaine Boss Battle does work. Start the game on Easy and Set Disable Vita Chambers to On. Get all other non difficulty related trophies done, and when the Fontaine Battle happens, once you drain the last Adam Jar and Fontaine punches you, the screen will turn white. At that point, pause the game, and set the difficulty to Survivor. The trophy for beating Fontaine will pop and during the cutscene, all other difficulty related trophies should pop. If they didn't , reload your save before the fight.

I didn't do it this way and it worked. I had my game change my difficulty to medium. I loaded a proving grounds save just before the Fontaine battle and the difficulty was at easy and vita chambers off. I paused during the white screen and changed it to survivor difficulty and I got all the trophies including the no use of a vita chamber trophies. But I went all game saving and reloading so i never used a vita chamber on that save. Maybe just not using vita chambers is the trick to the glitch. I only did it to save another whole play through cause of the medium difficulty change on my hard run. So I'm thinking as long as you don't use a vita chamber this glitch will work.

So I didn't "Disable Vita Chambers" and played on medium, did this and got all the difficulty trophies besides the "without using Vita chambers." :(

At some point I must have used one, so i'm going to restart the game on NG+ on easy difficulty with the Disable Vita Chambers ON and try this glitch again. Will let you know if it works for me on NG+

So I didn't "Disable Vita Chambers" and played on medium, did this and got all the difficulty trophies besides the "without using Vita chambers." :(

At some point I must have used one, so i'm going to restart the game on NG+ on easy difficulty with the Disable Vita Chambers ON and try this glitch again. Will let you know if it works for me on NG+

This also worked!

so i didn't "disable vita chambers" and played on medium, did this and got all the difficulty trophies besides the "without using vita chambers." :(

at some point i must have used one, so i'm going to restart the game on ng+ on easy difficulty with the disable vita chambers on and try this glitch again. Will let you know if it works for me on ng+

i did the same thing!!! Xop

Just to be sure ... im playing on easy just for fun and the game changed the difficulty to medium. Can i change it back to easy (as often as necessary...) and still do the survivor trick at the end?

As long as you time it correctly. Just make a save before you go up the ladder if you fail.

I started a new game on survivor and got about 3 hours in my girlfriend wanted to play so I started another game on easy with a separate save file.

when I went back and loaded up my survivor playthough I noticed that the difficulty had been changed to easy!

I do not understand this as they were two separate saves!

Now I fear that my survivor playthrough has been voided and I may have to use this glitch to get the difficulty trophies.

Has anyone noticed the same issue?

I started a new game on survivor and got about 3 hours in my girlfriend wanted to play so I started another game on easy with a separate save file.

when I went back and loaded up my survivor playthrough I noticed that the difficulty had been changed to easy!

I do not understand this as they were two separate saves!

Now I fear that my survivor playthrough has been voided and I may have to use this glitch to get the difficulty trophies.

Has anyone noticed the same issue?

That is a very common glitch and if you don't want to start a new game to use this fix: LINK, then use the difficulty changing exploit that's in the first post :).