Can't leave Medical Pavillion :(

Vyletta

I'm playing the ultimate rapture edition. I've played this game through once already mid last year with no major issues that I can recall and I just started a new playthrough to pick up the trophies I missed but the game is glitching on me.

I'm trying to leave the Medical Pavillion through emergency access but when I try to pull the bathysphere lever the picture freezes and my ps3 makes weird loading/ticking noises. I can still hear ambient environment sounds. I tried resetting and reloading but the same thing happens.

When I wait for several minutes eventually it seems to time out and I can move around again normally but I'm unable to progress to the next level. When I try to hit the bathysphere lever again... Same thing happens.

The only difference with this playthrough is I didn't have the dlc installed last time. I've installed and since completed the challenge rooms after my last playthrough and I'm hesitant to delete anything incase it affects my main game save.

Any suggestions? Similar experiences? What would I be safe to try deleting and reinstalling?

EDIT: Well that was weird. After trying about 5 or 6 times, I took the disk out and wiped it with a clean cloth, reloaded the game, hit a few things with my wrench in frustration and the next time it worked. Came up with Neptunes bounty as a selectable location and now I can move on. Really annoyed but glad I won't have to delete anything and lose my current progress. Hope it doesn't happen again :(... I still need to go back there and get a tonic I missed because I didn't have incinerate equipped.

Edited by Vyletta

I've never heard of this bug before, you may have a faulty disc or a bad install :think:. Reinstalling a game won't affect your saves providing you repatch it at the same time :).

Hmm that sounds about right. The disk seemed pretty clean before I wiped it, just the odd smudge, but either way it seemed to do the trick. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again but at least I have a few options to try if it does! Thanks for confirming I can delete and reinstall game data with affecting my saves. I'll be sure to try that as a last resort if it happens again :). Almost finished with Neptune's Bounty at the moment.

EDIT: up to Olympus heights now and it hasn't happened again. Even going back for that tonic in the medical pavilion wasn't a problem. Such a relief...

Edited by Vyletta