Able to buy all upgrades on Survivor?

Rochesterrugby

Im not sure if anyone reads this game forum anymore - I never played this game - I am finally getting around to it!

i want to get the Platinum in one playthrough so I am on Survivor Mode - boy it is tough!

I am currently in the Medical Facility, down by the Kure All portion - I have been getting every audio, plasmid, etc on my playthrough so far.

My question is - is it possible to earn enough cash/resources needed to get all upgrades in Survivor mode? If so, what is the best strategy to use? I have not bought much with my cash - maybe 2-3 medical kits so far - no ammo, etc.

Before I dive deeper in the game I want to make sure it is possible and how to save/use money, etc.

Thanks

You will have enough ADAM to buy everything you need for the respective trophies, providing you don't buy more than 1 or 2 ADAM and/or EVE upgrades :).

Im not far enough in the game to have any idea what this means - havent even reached my first Big Daddy yet - I hope it becomes easier to understand what you mean by those upgrades!

There are two "currencies"

Dollars (aka money) is used to buy yourself med kits, EVE hypos and ammo. You will find a lot of it as you play the game and no trophy is directly connected to them.

ADAM on the other hand is where all the action goes. You may have already met your first Little Sister and rescued her, which gives you ADAM. You buy the Tonics, Plasmids, Tonic Slots, Plasmid Slots and Health & EVE upgrades from the Gatherer Garden machines. While you'll get a lot of them, it is not enough to buy all of the above. Getting all of the Tonics and the Slots is a must if you want to get the platinum in one go.

You should buy them in this order:

Tonic Slots

Tonics

Plasmid Slots

These 3 are required for the trophies. Once you have all of them, start buying Health and EVE upgrades and some Plasmids.

I bought 2 Health and EVE upgrades as well as the final upgrade for the Electric plasmis, the Fire Plasmid and the Ice plasmid. I had also enough ADAM to spare for a couple more upgrades. These three plasmids are also the most helpful that will get you through Survivor.

There are two "currencies"

Dollars (aka money) is used to buy yourself med kits, EVE hypos and ammo. You will find a lot of it as you play the game and no trophy is directly connected to them.

ADAM on the other hand is where all the action goes. You may have already met your first Little Sister and rescued her, which gives you ADAM. You buy the Tonics, Plasmids, Tonic Slots, Plasmid Slots and Health & EVE upgrades from the Gatherer Garden machines. While you'll get a lot of them, it is not enough to buy all of the above. Getting all of the Tonics and the Slots is a must if you want to get the platinum in one go.

You should buy them in this order:

Tonic Slots

Tonics

Plasmid Slots

These 3 are required for the trophies. Once you have all of them, start buying Health and EVE upgrades and some Plasmids.

I bought 2 Health and EVE upgrades as well as the final upgrade for the Electric plasmis, the Fire Plasmid and the Ice plasmid. I had also enough ADAM to spare for a couple more upgrades. These three plasmids are also the most helpful that will get you through Survivor.

Thank you very much for the post.

So with that said - there is NO REASON to save DOLLARS for anything? If so this makes the game much easier as I have not bought a med kit or EVE pack with money yet thiniking Id need money to buy Trophy-things.

If no trophy is connected towards things you need Money for, I am assuming I should stock up on some items and ammo?

• 4 weeks later...
You will have enough ADAM to buy everything you need for the respective trophies, providing you don't buy more than 1 or 2 ADAM and/or EVE upgrades :).

Are you referring to the Tonic collector trophy here Terminator? Because I was reading on psnprofiles this...

This is probably the trickiest collectible trophy in the game, because it combines elements of many of the others. There are tonics you have to find, tonics you have to invent, tonics you have to purchase with ADAM at Gatherer's Gardens, tonics you get from research and tonics you get as gifts from Little Sisters and other characters. As long as you are following along and getting all of those other trophies, you should get this one as well, but you do have to make sure you get them all.

Unlike plasmids, tonics are passive, meaning that when they are equipped, they give you their benefits without you having to actively use them.

Note 1: You MUST save every Little Sister you come across in order to earn this trophy - if you Harvest any of them, you will not have enough ADAM, nor will you get any of the Tonics that are found in the gifts Tenenbaum leaves you.

Note 2: You MUST NOT kill Sander Cohen right after you complete his masterpiece. If you do, you won't be able to acquire the Tonic he procures for you as a reward.

Is the bold part true? I just finished my survivor playthrough and I saved all them. I understood that I probably didn't achieve the tonic trophy as I missed a few and didn't buy or invent a ton. I started up a second play through just get it started and I harvested the first 3 or 4 girls.

Funny part is I saved every little sister and the dealt with every little sister didn't pop when I finished my survivor run. (it's suppose to pop when you save or harvest the last girl I told) I made sure all the icons were showing each lil sister was dealt with... :think: I went level to level. Was going to just harvest all them on this second play through, while I collect the audio logs and shoot for the tonics and that would fix all that. Really not that concerned till I read the psnprofiles thingy. Wasn't sure what to believe when I'm reading the psnp advice. Curious if and when I do restart (if that's the case) if I have to save everyone like it states to achieve the desired amount of tonics.

Edited by silkyjay9

You will get slightly more ADAM by Harvesting but you will lose out on the Tonics since Tenenabaum will hate your guts so the benefits of harvesting cancels itself out. In the long run it's far better to save the Little Sisters than it is to kill them. The Little Sister trophies won't pop until the ending cutscene kicks in. Killing Coen early is a bad idea for the reasons stated so don't do it until he lets you into his room.

Are you using the version that comes with some copies of Bioshock Infinite? I ask as that one is known to be quite buggy compared to the standalone versions.

I'd say the line about not harvesting the little sisters is true, since by doing so you won't get some tonics that you would need for the trophy. It's not about having enough Adam to buy all the Slots and Tonics at the Gatherer's Garden, it's about not getting the gifted tonics that you only get by saving the little sisters. Also, you won't get the Little Sister Savior trophy if you harvest any of them.

What Terminator says is true about not buying too many health and eve upgrades, since you'll need the Adam for buying the items needed for the trophy. As for actual dollars, there's no reason to horde it so you might as well buy what you need when you need it.

Bioshock was actually my first Platinum and I did it in one Playthrough using the Trophy Guide in this forum. My recommendation would be to do the same.

Edited by swotam