Should I start over? ("I chose the Impossible" playthrough)

Nona

So I was going no guides with this, still on the "Welcome to Rapture" stage. In the big room where the alarm went off right before you go through to the medical pavilion.... there are a LOT of splicers + a few with guns, I've got 1 medkit, 1 full bar of EVE and no hypos, 15 pistol rounds, and 3 armor-piercing rounds.

The kicker is that I totally missed the opportunity to just zap the water as they drop down... I was too busy exploring, so now I'm pinned down in the bathroom. Can usually take out 2-3 of them before they overwhelm me and force me to reload my save. Any tips, or should I just start over and try to be better prepared at this point/zap them when I have the chance?

I don't know how well this will work, but it's worth a try - maybe use the electric buckshot with the shotgun to stun/hack the robot, then let the two of them duke it out and die in the process. You won't get the turret, but you don't really need it for anything. I just got through the Medical Pavilion (and beat the Big Daddy!) alright, so I'm sure you can do it :)