Does this game get any easier?

DarkByke

I'm not very far, I think I just killed the Doctor, but so far on Medium this game has been a real headache. Limited ammo, guns barely put a dent in enemies, switching powers is a pain, half the time he recharges his power arm instead of shooting powers, etc. and upon death, you lose everything including ammo, health, etc.....

Does it get easier with upgrades later in the game? I thought on Medium it would at least be enjoyable but this is rediculous so far. About to call it quits.

With new game + do I get to keep all upgrades? In a sense, by my 3rd time playing though, enemies should be easy to kill right? Anytime I see a big daddy, they are the hardest things to kill with the pistol I'm given......:mad:

Yes the game becomes easier later in the game since you are better equipped and probably have a few weapon upgrades. For the Big Daddies, you will have the Grenade Launcher, Chemical Thrower and Shotgun with Electric Buck.

To make it easier for you, you can hack two turrets. They will follow you and help you defeat splicers. The splicers will concentrate on the turrets. If a turret is destroyed, you can hack a new one.

The wrench can be very effective against the splicers. Make sure to grab both the "Wrench Jockey" and "Wrench Jockey 2" tonics for better effect. This way you won't need any ammo.

You will be able to keep everything on new game plus so it will be easier to complete. You can also change difficulty at any time. But you can't earn any trophies during a new game plus. You will only get new game plus if you have DLC though.

Edited by Etopiax

It definitely gets easier as your progress through the game. About half-way through I found it to be a very easy with all of the upgrades and weapons to acquire.

However, on the hardest setting it is brutal when you first start out - that first Big Daddy is very hard to kill. I used the strategy of hiding in a vent and gradually picking away at his health with the pistol. If you're struggling now on Medium, then be prepared for a huge battle on Survivor.

The game gets easier as long you keep playing because the weapons and plasmids you will be getting.

For a first play, the game is hard even in level medium because everything is new and you are expecting to see what is in every corner (a very good atmosphere in the game).

The game is gonna be hard for the first two levels (thinking in that the level of Doctor Steinman is the first), after that, your troubles are going to start to decrease.

Its in Survivor mode where the game gets really Hard but as you already know the game, you can have more caution and start to use tactics more defensive o safe.

Anyway, its a great game and don't dissapoint, keep going that you can do it.

Edit: I forgot, for the Big Daddys, i'm not going to tell you how beat them "easily" because its not good on a first game, but as a tip and thinking that you just beat Steinman, try to use the Telekinesis with the elements in the game and the electric rounds in the Shotgun, later when you far in the history i will tell some other tips.

Good Luck

Edited by Fire Emblem

Yeah this game is very hard...until you get Telekinesis.

Telekinesis throwing is so powerful while consuming so little eve.

And there's reload canceling trick for shotgun,grenade launcher,and crossbow

basically you switch to your left hand then switch back to cancel the annoying reload animation, like R2,L2,R2, then R2,L2,R2 and so on.found this on speeddemosarchive. Stunlocking big daddies with crossbow sure is hilarious.

1/3 (or perhaps 1/4) of the game (mostly big daddies) is a bit harder, but on medium the rest is not very hard. You basically only need freeze + electric rounds in the shotgun for the big daddies. And obviously you've to search everything, use the right tonics, hack stuff, make ammunition, research (camera) enemies, etc. RRG (rush, run & gun) doesn't really work in this game.

Edited by Cobretti

I played on medium a few years ago when I first got the game. I was finding it really hard and didn't enjoy it much at all and gave up about 3 levels in. I've now come back to it and figured I'd go straight into survivor mode with vita chambers switched off.

The first splicer I came across took about 7/8 hits to kill and I was thinking 'shit what am I in for...' Though as you pick up more abilities and weapon enhancements the game starts to ease up as a lot of other people have said. Also I mostly use the wrench with electric bolt since it remains a useful move throughout the game It seems.

The first boss I found to be a pain to beat since his health takes a while to chip away. That's the only boss I have fought so far [not including big Daddys] so I'm not sure how it compares to later.

The game gets easier as you progress.

Neptune's bounty might give you some issues; on Survivor, I think a normal Rosie takes 6 gas canisters plus a grenade to finish (vs. 3 on normal). You have 6 canisters in the wharf area for the first Rosie so you have to deal with the second using the rocket turret (most difficult part of the game IMO). For the third, you have Security bullseye. Or you can just come back after Arcadia when you get the chemical thrower and enough electric gel.

Once you are beefed up, use Trap bolts for Bouncers and Electric Gel for Rosies. Stack electric flesh 1 & 2 as you get them.

Throwing dead splicers at living ones does more damage than you can guess.

As Darth Krid mentioned, Wrench Jockey is the way to go. Once you get Wrench Jockey 2 (in Fort Frolic) and stack Wrench Lurker 1 & 2 with Electric Flesh 1 & 2, you become unstoppable with the 1-2 punch. Once the thuggish splicers get immune to electric attacks (Apollo Sq), use Winter blast 2 (so you can loot the shattered bodies).

Remember that tonics stack.

I was always full on ammo and cash after Arcadia by using just the wrench and plasmids.

Research everything for damage bonuses, specifically turrets to get the insta hack, Houdinis for natural camouflage, thuggish splicers for sports boost, little sisters for eve increase. And take it slow.

If you are stuck in any place, I recommend you use Mactiddy's excellent walkthrough on youtube.

Edited by RJ2112