I can't believe I skipped this game for 5 years.

YenRou

I just got the Rapture edition because I heard a lot of good things about this game. I never actually watched any trailers or gameplay videos before and condemned it as a generic FPS.

But I started this on Saturday and I immediately felt bad about skipping this game. The art style, the soundtrack, the whole plot is just too much for me too handle.

I'm so affected by the little sister stories and the song on the radio that randomly played in the medical pavillon. Not to mention the boss spider splicer in neptune's bounty that was humming the melody of "If I Didn't Care" by the Inkspots.

I'm a wreck and I think I need a break. This game is fucking awesome.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I come back to Bioshock every year. My first experience with it I didn't even quite know what we were getting into, playing on PC. I let my seven (eight? when did it come out again?) year old boy play while I sat back. Realized in a hot hurry how amazingly scary, mature and brilliantly immersing the game was. Unlike any first person game I've ever played.

I come back to the game year after year, usually buying a copy, playing it to death, then selling it only to get a hankering to play it again.

Since the PS3 Japanese version and PS3 US version each have separate trophies I got them both, then DLC for both. Got stuck with a certain DLC trophy so I'm rebuying both again, probably by getting Bioshock Infinite Japanese and US versions if they both come with the game.

Just great fun. Never gets old.

(((

Bioshock 2 is not a bad game by any measure, but it's different writers, different studio, different vibe, but it has the blessing of the creators. I'd call it a very successful expansion rather than a sequel, much like Gearbox's Half-Life: Blue Shift to Valve's Half-Life.

)))

Get the Ultimate Rapture Edition, that has both Bioshock 1+2 plus every piece of DLC every released. They've also chucked in an exclusive mini level for Bioshock 1 :).

Bioshock 1 is included in the PS3 version of Bioshock Infinite. So if you are going to get Infinite then you will get Bioshock for free :)

Was in Gamestop today and was told that the first one really was great. So will Infinite also have Bioshock1 and all the DLC that Terminator mentioned above?

Was in Gamestop today and was told that the first one really was great. So will Infinite also have Bioshock1 and all the DLC that Terminator mentioned above?

No, the Ultimate Rapture Edition will contain both BioShock 1 and 2 and all DLC for both. Infinite supposedly contains only the vanilla BioShock 1, but I've scoured my game case and there's no code or isnert anywhere on it :confused:

If I remember right Bioshock 1 only comes with Infinite if you're in Europe, the US gets nothing but don't quote me on it. With the copies that do get BS1, try looking for a second disc icon under the main one on the XMB :).

Other way around actually. US gets it but the EU doesn't.

I too will be playing the first 2 bioshocks for the first time before infinite. Just need to polish off Tomb Raider first :D

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the same edition a few weeks ago, just started playing Bioshock 1 a few days ago and I'm currently in Hephaestus. Really enjoying it.

Interesting story about how this is actually not my first encounter with Bioshock. When the demo first came to PSN, I tried it. I liked it enough to get it as a Christmas present in 2008. However, I also got Call of Duty: World at War for christmas that year. That's what I spent most of my time playing, well into 2009, back when I was still into COD. I didn't get a chance to even open Bioshock.

Then, the release of Resident Evil 5 was getting closer, March 2009. Gamestop was doing a special where if you traded in two games, you'd get RE5 for $15. On the list of acceptable games, sure enough, Bioshock. It still hadn't been opened so I said, why not? Although RE5 was worth it, to me, I still regretted it.

So I'm glad I've finally gotten to play it four years later.

• 2 weeks later...

I came late to this party by about 6-8 months (slightly different than 5 years, but still) and I felt the same way. Knowing that one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life had just been waiting out there for me, and I was too lazy to find it for any amount of time, was a big head-slap moment.