Easiest way to get "Avid Inventor" trophy

Hawaiian

If you go for the trophy near the end of the game (it has to be done before the final boss fight) you might have problems finding enough enemies with the required materials.

Therefore I suggest visiting Arcadia -> Farmer's Market -> Silverwing Apiary where the bees are located. Activate the smoke in order to prevent the bees from attacking you and search the hives. Everytime you click on a hive a Splicer will spawn. Kill all of them until the smoke disappears and collect their materials. Repeat until you have enough materials to create 100 items at an U-Invent-Station.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423053653/bioshock/images/thumb/3/30/Craftmach_diffuse.png/120px-Craftmach_diffuse.png

Make sure you have these Gene Tonics equipped:

- Clever Inventor (will reduce the number of all components required to invent an item by 1, down to a minimum of 1. )

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100127083543/bioshock/images/e/e1/50.png

[Received at research level four for Thuggish Splicers.]

- Scrounger (will enable the player to search a corpse again for new loot. In addition to giving the player a chance to find more valuable loot, this also will help them find the right components when trying to invent a particular item.)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100125063515/bioshock/images/9/9c/33.png

[Acquired from the second-to-last gift given by the Little Sisters for rescuing them.]

Note: Prolific Inventor (doubles the quantity of an item produced using the same number of components) won't help you unlock this achievement since it requires you to "perform" 100 inventions instead of creating 100 items (the achievement description is slightly wrong).

Here's a video that might help you as well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDzzAvzDTDo]BioShock Silverwing Apiary Spawn Triggers[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
thanks m8 i hav only this & the tonic collector which i think is glitched because i got over a 60 and still nothing & there isn't any more tonics to collect or invent so practaclly i don't know what to do should i play a third playthrough or what ??

Try loading a recent save and gather the final ones you're missing.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know for sure if this trophy requires inventing 100 items in one play-through or is it possible to carry over to the next play-through ?

For example if I manage inventing 60 items in one game then I finish the game and start over a brand new game do I still have to invent 100 object or are 40 enough ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a question. What if I beat the final boss, am I able to go back and get this trophy or would I have to make a whole new playthrough? Cause I am playing on Survivor difficulty, and this is my first playthrough and it's basically the last trophy I need that's considered miscellaneous. So I would hate to go do a whole other playthrough. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Thanks bro! A little tip that got me the trophy. After having searched all the hives, I couldn't summon any more splicers. So, I had to "tour around" the farmer's market, and I passed through a door with a code that I'd totally ignored when looking for the audio diaries. I hacked it and got a butload of the items that were rarer in my playthrough (accord to bioshock.wikia it varies from walkthrough to walkthrough), and since I was only missing a couple of items I got it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm in Olympus heights and this trophy just popped for me, but kinda weird .:confused::confused:

I saved right in front of the U-Invent on the 2nd floor and made a couple of things, but didn't like what i made so I reloaded my save ( main menu ) and made stuff I wanted.

I made a dumb move and got taken out by a Big Daddy, then reloaded my save from main menu again & made the same stuff I did previously, and POP!

Just curious if anyone can test this by reloading saves in front of an Invent machine and see if it works for you?

-BT

I'm in Olympus heights and this trophy just popped for me, but kinda weird .:confused::confused:

I saved right in front of the U-Invent on the 2nd floor and made a couple of things, but didn't like what i made so I reloaded my save ( main menu ) and made stuff I wanted.

I made a dumb move and got taken out by a Big Daddy, then reloaded my save from main menu again & made the same stuff I did previously, and POP!

Just curious if anyone can test this by reloading saves in front of an Invent machine and see if it works for you?

-BT

That trick was confirmed at launch :): http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/bioshock/295880-psa-you-can-save-scum-avid-inventor-ps4.html

• 1 year later...

I could not pick up another battery (inventory for that component was full) so I decided to equip Clever Inventor & invent the shit out of a closest U-invent machine (hacked, of course). I got around 40 random items, did not pick up any of them & no trophy. I saved before doing this, just in case.

Reloaded the save from before the inventing spree & did it once again & the trophy popped. This reloading method seems to work no matter what you invent (I mostly did explosive bucks, trap bolts & heat-seeking RPG). Don't know if it makes any difference, but I used Apollo Square U-Invent, playing on PS4, EU disc version.

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl