Should I start over?

Madbuk

I've been doing an all-collectible run through on 1999 mode and am at the bit where you use the Shock Jockey to call the gondola.

However, throughout the whole game so far I've always revived myself (and I've died a lot!) unless I have less than 100 coins. This means I haven't upgraded any weapons or vigors as I never have enough money.

I'm thinking of starting over, as I cannot for the life of me kill all the guys here to get on the gondola.

Do you guys recommend I start over or not?

Don't start over. My best advice is to read the stickied threads, rethink your strategy and loot every corpse and container you find. On 1999 mode you must take things slowly since you can't take anywhere near the amount of damage that you can on Easy or Normal. Possession is your best friend early on, especially when you get the suicide upgrade and use long range weapons as well so enemies can't get close to you but keep the Shotgun handy for close encounters. I was rarely strapped for cash which leads me to believe you're not using the Vigours or overhead lines (I forget what they're called) and Freight Hooks to their fullest advantage, Arial attacks can be instantly lethal if the enemy is weak enough or at the very least it will stun them long enough for you to finish them off :).

Don't start over. My best advice is to read the stickied threads, rethink your strategy and loot every corpse and container you find. On 1999 mode you must take things slowly since you can't take anywhere near the amount of damage that you can on Easy or Normal. Possession is your best friend early on, especially when you get the suicide upgrade and use long range weapons as well so enemies can't get close to you but keep the Shotgun handy for close encounters. I was rarely strapped for cash which leads me to believe you're not using the Vigours or overhead lines (I forget what they're called) and Freight Hooks to their fullest advantage, Arial attacks can be instantly lethal if the enemy is weak enough or at the very least it will stun them long enough for you to finish them off :).

Thanks for the quick reply.

I rarely ever use my Vigours, in fact I think the only times I've really used them is to Possess the turrets, as most of them seemed pretty weak when I tried using them.

As for the fact I have no money, it's because I always revive when I have the cash to, and I die so often that I go from 700+ coins to under 100 within the course of a level lol.

Vigours are one of your greatest assets on 1999 mode so use them whenever you're in trouble :).

:think: I'll try using a Vigour on the damn gondola enemies when I get back to this game, which I think may be tomorrow. Want it as plat #60 just because of how much trouble it's giving me lol. Deserves a number that's a multiple of 10.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if you beat it yet or not, but you still may be able to use the infinite money/gear glitch in the are you're in (though it may be too late if you already activated the Gondola - not sure about checkpoints there - worst case - restart the chapter). Here's the glitch method - you make $250 every 6 minutes and get a new piece of gear and a lockpick every single time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgfFeuRzfFs]Bioshock Infinite Max Gear Max lock picks Max Money Glitch - YouTube[/ame]

I recommend you keep doing this for about 2 hours to get Winter Shield, 30 lockpicks and about $5,000 to spare. Then you'll have no problems later on. Make sure you save enough money to fully upgrade Devil's Kiss later on, to use them on Siren boss.