Stuck on the god damn ghost fight

arrow

• 1 month later...

So I didn't properly prepare for the 2nd battle in the vault and left myself with barely any ammo and little salt. Being on 1999 mode, I figured I was screwed. After wasting two hours trying different methods, I took another look at my Gear and noticed the Spectral Sidekick pants and figured what the hell...

I took my sniper and burst gun and drop/walked the Hail Fire over to the vault entry and started picking up the burst gun & Hail Fire every ten seconds or so and it worked like a charm! Even though I had no ammo, the Spectral Sidekick weapon fired away! The Hail Fire helped take out the minions and that screaming bitch for good!

I'll never underestimate the usefulness of the Spectral Sidekick again! :p

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the Sirens are that she will constantly raise the minions from the dead even after you headshot them.

The only way to deal with this is to set electrical traps or fire traps(electrical traps are more effective since several traps appear per casting vs. one fire trap). If the minions die in an electrical trap/fire trap, they can't be revived by the Siren.

What you have to do is scope the area for Vigor vials before starting the battle so you know where the supplies are. For the graveyard, probably the best place to wage the battle is the alcove under the main building. Set electrical traps at both ends, and use the shotgun to kill the minions whilst they are being shocked.

Once you're only left with the Siren, I ran to the tomb on the left of Elizabeth mother's tomb, next to the tear with the health packs. Waited until the Siren attacked, did headshots and finally killed her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you have enough salt you can set a bunch of fire trap where she spawn and its a instant kill even in 1999 mode

This could be an ace option! Can anyone else confirm this? Devils kiss should be upgraded? How about dealing with minions using upgraded crow traps? Would this keep them from respawning?

• 3 weeks later...

After all the comments i read i was a bit aprehensive about this, died twice on the first fight at the cemetery and not once in the following encounters ( bank and comstock house entrance )

Used Charge fully upgraded, which i used to ram groups of enemies and the siren, used melee attacks cos i got the burning halo gear, also had blood for salt and last man standing all these combined made every kill a recharge in health and salt, mixed this with shotgun blasts and sniper rifle shots and got through without much trouble in a matre of a couple minutes

• 2 months later...
This could be an ace option! Can anyone else confirm this? Devils kiss should be upgraded? How about dealing with minions using upgraded crow traps? Would this keep them from respawning?

I've tried this, but my fire traps keep "detonating" before I can even finish placing them, and I'm not sure why. What gives? Surely I'm just doing something wrong here.

I'm quite confident it works, though, because from the comments on the youtube video where this tactic is displayed are all giving praise on how effective it is.

I can confirm that it works - just did it in 1999 mode the other day - here's the video how:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgFW-YnScVI]Bioshock Infinite - 1999 Mode - Lady Comstock / Siren Insta-Kill with fire trap - YouTube[/ame]

All you need is fully upgraded Devil's Kiss to lay down 10 Fire Traps in the spot she's spawning in (supposedly this will also work with 20 traps with basic Devil's Kiss - but you'll have a hard time finding enough blue bottles). The only thing to remember is to lay down the traps in the front of Comstock House, before you visit the 3rd tear in photo store.

• 7 months later...