This game is a masterpiece!

Okay, so I was late to the party on this one. I'd never played Bioshock before, I'd obviously heard a lot about the series and how great they are, but I'd just never got round to buying them. Anyway, I saw the Premium Edition of this for 30£ so I decided to get it. Probably one of the greatest gaming decisions I've ever made.

This game is amazing, I mean it's a fucking masterpiece! From the start to the end I loved the gameplay and visuals and everything about the city and Booker. The story, I mean wow, the story is incredible, like one of the best I've played, hands down. Elizabeth was just so easy to get attached to, and I really loved Booker's character and really enjoyed playing as him. The combat system is really good too, with some awesome weapons to go with it.

Anyway, I finished the game about an hour ago, and holy shit, what a beautiful ending. I had my mouth wide open for the whole last chapter, just taking it all in, seeing how all the pieces clicked together, trying to understand the whole different-world-and-time thing. Only was it when I reached the final scene, and the credits started rolling, and at first I was like 'what'?, when it hit me. I understood it. And I cried, man.

Then there was the short scene after the credits. Fuck, talk about cliffhangers.

Downloading the Clash in the Clouds DLC right now, and really looking forward to Burial at Sea. :dance:

Sorry guys, I just really needed to write and post this after my incredible experience. What a great fucking game.

Definitely going to get Bioshock 1 & 2 now. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Okay, so I was late to the party on this one. I'd never played Bioshock before, I'd obviously heard a lot about the series and how great they are, but I'd just never got round to buying them. Anyway, I saw the Premium Edition of this for 30£ so I decided to get it. Probably one of the greatest gaming decisions I've ever made.

This game is amazing, I mean it's a fucking masterpiece! From the start to the end I loved the gameplay and visuals and everything about the city and Booker. The story, I mean wow, the story is incredible, like one of the best I've played, hands down. Elizabeth was just so easy to get attached to, and I really loved Booker's character and really enjoyed playing as him. The combat system is really good too, with some awesome weapons to go with it.

Anyway, I finished the game about an hour ago, and holy shit, what a beautiful ending. I had my mouth wide open for the whole last chapter, just taking it all in, seeing how all the pieces clicked together, trying to understand the whole different-world-and-time thing. Only was it when I reached the final scene, and the credits started rolling, and at first I was like 'what'?, when it hit me. I understood it. And I cried, man.

Then there was the short scene after the credits. Fuck, talk about cliffhangers.

Downloading the Clash in the Clouds DLC right now, and really looking forward to Burial at Sea. :dance:

Sorry guys, I just really needed to write and post this after my incredible experience. What a great fucking game.

Definitely going to get Bioshock 1 & 2 now. :)

*Wipes tear from eye*...Welcome to the Bioshock world dude. :applause:

lol I may be the only person who actually enjoyed bioshock 2 :\

Its not that people didn't enjoy it, the first one was just so much better, it was impossible for them to match it. My biggest issue with 2 was that you are a big daddy yet you are weak as shit, I understand the game still needed to be challenging however BD's are so powerful the weakness they gave the player in 2 was a joke.

Its not that people didn't enjoy it, the first one was just so much better, it was impossible for them to match it. My biggest issue with 2 was that you are a big daddy yet you are weak as shit, I understand the game still needed to be challenging however BD's are so powerful the weakness they gave the player in 2 was a joke.

Lol you do have a point with that. Remember how powerful Rosie was with the rivet gun? Rivet gun in 2 is like...6 shots to kill a splicer :/

The story wasn't as good as 1 but still enjoyable with cool new characters in the rapture universe. A couple of the levels were excellent (Dionysus park sticks out especially)

It did get kind of repetitive having to do so many little sister gatherings. The idea was great and I enjoyed it but they overloaded us with it.

Glad to hear the multiplayer is still kicking! I may boot it up and play it some this month

I played Bio Shock 1 and 2 a few months ago and was blown away at how awesome they were. The original game was amazing! Bio Shok 2 was not nearly as good as 1, but it was still an awesome play. The multi player grind in 2 was pretty nasty, but I have to admit it was still fun to play at least. One thing I loved about Bio Shock 1 was how the game was a bit older but didn't feel dated at all. Do yourself a favor and get to it on playing the earlier incarnations of this series!

I finally got around to getting Infinite this week and I am LOVING it so far. It is tight. I totally feel you on having to get on here and proclaim the awesomeness!

Yep exactly, i know GTA 5 will get most of the average joe's game of the year and that but for me HANDS DOWN this is THE game of the year!:dance:

GTA was far from any "average joes Goty" this game while good cant even compete with its originator. Honestly for early 2013 releases it wasn't even best game of the quarter as Tomb Raider is superior

GTA was far from any "average joes Goty" this game while good cant even compete with its originator. Honestly for early 2013 releases it wasn't even best game of the quarter as Tomb Raider is superior

LOL was Tomb Raider that good? I didn't play it. I just finished this on my medium play through and was blown away with the closing of the story. Great game across the board. GTAV was awesome,. but I think this one takes the cake in my book.

LOL was Tomb Raider that good? I didn't play it. I just finished this on my medium play through and was blown away with the closing of the story. Great game across the board. GTAV was awesome,. but I think this one takes the cake in my book.

yes tomb raider was great.

Haven't tried Tomb Raider because most people I know told me the game was terrible. Not very true to the original Tomb Raider style. Also said it was very short….hmm maybe ill have to give it another look.

Saw it for $20 new at target recently

its not short at all and its not even close to terrible. Yes its not the same old tomb raider, that's why its so good.