BioShock Infinite DLC vs Dishonored Trials?

Compared to the Dishonored trials, this is:

100% Less buggy (You'll still see the occasional Handyman just loitering around, ignorant of his surroundings)

100% Less BS objectives for trophies (No worries about "Hard" difficulty and perfect star ratings)

100% More fun (It just is)

But hey, that's just my personal opinion.

Compared to the Dishonored trials, this is:

100% Less buggy (You'll still see the occasional Handyman just loitering around, ignorant of his surroundings)

100% Less BS objectives for trophies (No worries about "Hard" difficulty and perfect star ratings)

100% More fun (It just is)

But hey, that's just my personal opinion.

What about overall difficulty of the Trials (bugs notwithstanding)?

What about overall difficulty of the Trials (bugs notwithstanding)?
Bugs make the challenges easier if an enemies is bugged out which happened to me!

The actual getting to wave 15 is easy as you can die and still continune (but this will fail the challenge on the respective map) It's only the challenges which will prove difficult I have gotten 20/60 on first go so I will go back.

The thing is when you upgrade everything and get all the infusions and gear the challenges will be easy as people learn techniques. Maybe 4-5/10 at most.

The enemies are easier to kill than SP also. Killing handymen is easy if you use certain weapons.

The Challenges range from easy to hard if you want to get all blue ribbons.

Of course some accidents may happen every now and then. For example, enemy falling to his death or enemy getting shot by an ally (which is a good thing sometimes )

However, if an enemy died or got hit from an ally by accident, then that might fail you some of the the blue ribbon challenges, considering that YOU need to be the one killing/damaging all the enemies.

The most annoying thing so far was during the blue ribbon challenge: "use only tears, possession traps and return to sender traps".

I used a return to sender trap. It hit an enemy. Challenge failed.

Turns out if you hit an enemy directly with it, it doesn't count as a trap. Only if it hits the ground first.

It's easier than Dishonored's DLC by a wide margin. I've powered through the first fifteen ribbons - I'm going for an arena a day - and even the tougher challenges don't take more than 1-2 tries. The beauty of these challenges is that when you earn a ribbon, you don't need to get it again when retrying the round. This allows you to speed through the rounds where you've already met the objective (unlike Dishonored's combat trials which forced you to repeat each round and do them perfectly like in Back Alley Brawl).

Also for people intimidated by this DLC: You can buy a free continue! If you die in a round and you've bought a continue, you'll restart, the enemies will stay damaged, and the Blue Ribbon doesn't get voided. The Blue Ribbon will get voided if you die and haven't purchased a do-over door. You can only purchase one do-over door at a time though (i.e. you can't stack continues).

Basically this is no Dunwall City Trials. I may change my tune when going for the ribbons in the tougher areas, but the free continue, ability to upgrade your gear, and consistent enemy movement patterns and spawn locations makes this a very doable DLC.

And besides, if you're viewing this subject, you're probably a trophy completionist and will buy it anyway. :)

This dlc is not much easier than dishonored IMO. The last arena has some straight up ridiculous challenges, and the thing about them is they aren't even about skill! Some are pure luck. For example : Defeat an enemy affected by bucking bronco with a possessed motorized patriot. Defeat five enemies with ONE devils kiss. Defeat two enemies who are riding a skyline with a trap.

Then there's the whole failing and having to go through all the waves again to get to the one you need. Which just adds to frustration and wasted time. I already have 41 of the 60 ribbons but these last few I see taking a long time

Maxing out your upgrades turns you into a formidable foe. I bought all vigors (focused on shield and salts), maxed out all the weapons I used frequently (I thought there was a trophy for buying *everything* but I was wrong.

Beyond the frustration of going through every wave (it gets easier) to reach the wave you want the blue ribbon in, it was rather predictable, though luck played a minimal and the escalation of difficulty was fair (but I thought it spiked in Emporia).

You need more than weapons, equipments and vigors though; tactic is just as instrumental if not more so. I remember failing Challenges because I used the fire power in my melee which the game sometimes interprets as Devil's Kiss (when using other powers), so careful what you use/equip.

• 1 year later...