Completing game in one playthrough

Roughdawg4

I know the guide says you can do one, but if you can you are a fucking god. I am playing hard mode right now and it is downright frustrating and I don't need to collect anything (since I played easy mode first).

I can't imagine completing a tough challenge to only die and retry getting them. If somehow you did it all in one go, I bow to you :applause:

I did two playthroughs, once on Normal and once on Commando. I had zero problems doing all the challanges on Normal, and i only had a few problems beating Commando. Doing the game in one playthrough is pretty stupid imo, it would probably take longer than doing two playthroughs. I beat Commando in one sitting the only part that was frustrating was the library scene. But yeah you would need to be a expert gamer to nail this in one.

• 2 weeks later...
I did two playthroughs, once on Normal and once on Commando. I had zero problems doing all the challanges on Normal, and i only had a few problems beating Commando. Doing the game in one playthrough is pretty stupid imo, it would probably take longer than doing two playthroughs. I beat Commando in one sitting the only part that was frustrating was the library scene. But yeah you would need to be a expert gamer to nail this in one.

Yeah that library scene was nuts. I remember that, no checkpoints whatsoever. I made it once, near the end, and died stupidly.

after missing ONE FUCKING COLLECTIBLE shortly before the endfight in easymode (and no i couldnt return to it....cause i was on that last platform of the "constructor" fighting groeder :mad: )

anyways...i started the whole collection in commando mode again some weeks ago...

those damn "multiple-lancer-biomech-fights" really started to piss me off so i layed the game back for some time....collecting aint a problem while in commando-difficulty...just a little boring to get everything for the 2nd time :(

but to get back to topic....getting all trophies in one go....hmmm i dont know...if you dont stress yourself and be VERY VERY careful with everything it should be doable but i guess multiple-walkthroughs are a lot easier!!

I went for the easy then Commando method, it would be a pain i immagine using the one playthrough method, at least when you've already done it you can avoid a few fights with enemies as you know where to go and just swing past all the action.

I found that giant tunelling Mole-robot thing a pain on Commando, ended up sticking to the edges then hanging from a tree by my arm when it sent the shockwaves out, i couldn't jump fast enough.

Two playthroughs is probably the best way to do it, otherwise you have to get into alot more fights as you'll need to explore more and come across more enemies in one playthrough, all on commando difficulty and you'll get your ass kicked

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this game is too hard to do in one sane playthrough. now when i say it is hard, not out of challenge, but out of the fact that this game isn't complete. do two playthroughs. the snipers, the bloody snipers, they get instant kills on you on commando, which means this will happen often:

**when you die, you must get all collectibles, and worse still challenges, while the checkpoints only seem to get even further apart as the game goes on!**

i know im beating a dead horse cause its been said, but one more couldnt hurt

this game is too hard to do in one sane playthrough. now when i say it is hard, not out of challenge, but out of the fact that this game isn't complete. do two playthroughs. the snipers, the bloody snipers, they get instant kills on you on commando, which means this will happen often:

**when you die, you must get all collectibles, and worse still challenges, while the checkpoints only seem to get even further apart as the game goes on!**

i know im beating a dead horse cause its been said, but one more couldnt hurt

LOL man we all enjoy beating a horse now and again :deadhorse:

• 4 weeks later...

Like I said in the guide, I recommend two playthroughs. I did it in one and the game near damn killed me.

It wasn't tough because of the collectibles/challenges, and it wasn't tough because of Commando... it was tough because I was doing both at the same time. There's nothing more frustrating than swinging for a collectible, getting it, but then getting shot down by a sniper. I vividly remember this one level where there are oil rigs (?) and snipers on each one... and then there's a collectible right in the middle of the air above water and it requires you to latch onto a pipe to get it. That part alone took me an hour to do... I would kill everyone, go for the collectible, then die drowning. Or, I would get the collectible, then die from a sniper.

Two playthroughs = less aggravation.

One playthrough = "quicker," and a sense of satisfaction when it's all said and done.

Well fucking congrats on doing it on one playthrough, mad respect :D

Of course its more gratifying because I think 2 playthroughs is actually quicker than one playthrough. There is nothing worse than getting a really hard collectible or challenge to only die afterwards.

Haha thanks. Two playthroughs is also a lot stressful and... it's potentially quicker than one playthrough.

Congrats on getting your Bionic Commando Platinum though. A lot of people really underrate and undervalue this game, but it's a lot more fun and difficult than people think. I especially loved the music.

• 2 weeks later...

I completed one Playthrough on Normal, and I've got to say that the toughest part of the game has to be the majority of the opening act. Once you get into Act 2, you have a lot of stuff down, your armor is (SHOULD) be more manageable and you're more comfortable with swinging.

But yeah, if you got all the Collectibles and did all the Challenges in one playthrough, you are immortal as far as I'm concerned. A perfect run on the hardest difficulty seems mind-bogglingly tough.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I did mine in two playthroughs, because yes, it is almost impossible to beat it AND get everything in one run. You will basically want to shoot yourself in the face.

I can confirm the part about wanting to shoot yourself in the face, figuratively at least.

I tried to do it in one play-through on Commando and ended up with a few challenges unfinished. I found it very frustrating and tedious. At least I got all the collectibles and was able to breeze through the challenges on Normal...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh :think:

Well I've gone straight for commando and collection/challenges as the guide said it was possible. Started it with the thought of taking it patiently and slow but by the sounds of it might have to stop on the collecting if it gets stupid. Just breeze through after on an easier setting. Will keep you all posted on how I do (I put myself down as an average gamer)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to do it on one play, fuck this takes time to get used to hit them and fly into hiding. It's like cat and mouse especially against polycraft. And it is a pain in the butt having to clear things out for later coming back to get the collectibles. So far it's been okay I guess, but then again I only finished the first Act and there's a lot to be done. We'll see.

• 4 months later...