Argh! i may never plat this

Crealkllr

I didnt know about this site 2 years ago when i started playing this game. I am past half way, and after a few years i decided to try again. The controls came back to me instantly, but my first run, Commando, has me so frustrated. I go against 2 biotech units, with almost no throwable objects, and their ray is an instant kill. Its not that i forgot how hard it was, just forgot how impossible the place i am at is.

It would really help if there was a checkpoint somewhere from where i last saved, since then it would be less of a grind. I have to kill 10 people before i get to those units.

Well you just have to do what they are doing to you. DESTROY THEM! The bio mechs can be a major pain in the ass. I recall getting to this one part in the woods. I thought I would be there forever. There were two of them and they came in and I was like damn! What do I do?

Well I just maned up and took those asses down.

From the vague details you gave, it sounds like you're in the Ascension City Gardens, post snipers and first Biomech, and onto the next set of Biomechs that you have to backtrack through the sniper area in order to get to...Of course, I could be wrong...Anyways, if this is where you're at, it's not really too hard an area; if you want any tactical help, say which level you're on and I'll see if I can offer any advice.

• 4 months later...

It's not so much that the game is hard, it has more to do with the fact that the game isn't very good. If I put the time and effort into it I'm sure I could, but I'll only do that after I'm done with every other game that I own that I like more than this one, which is just about every other game I own.

• 1 month later...
It's not so much that the game is hard, it has more to do with the fact that the game isn't very good. If I put the time and effort into it I'm sure I could, but I'll only do that after I'm done with every other game that I own that I like more than this one, which is just about every other game I own.

:D Agreed!

However i did notice that i think the biggest problem with this game is the control scheme and mobility within the game environment. I started out on Commando difficulty. Finished the game while getting collectibles. Then went back to the easiest difficulty and breezed through it and the challenges with out a single issue. In other words, ya just gotta invest a lot of time into it to hone your reflexes and reactions to moving about it and interacting with the enemies in a different way from most other games. PERSEVERE!!!

Edited by Phyrexian
Inspirational Point.

• 1 month later...

The main thing i have noticed is you have to become more of a cheater than the game. For instance, there is this part where you come to a main road between buildings, and there is one sniper perched up on a piece of broken overpass/tunnel on your right. You jump up to the sniper and take him out, troopers start parachuting in. Clear out all these enemies, move up the road a little and another handful of enemies to take out. Go further and you see an overpass sign with a collectable on it, past this is a huge open crater and 3 biomechs waiting. Luckily one gets taken out by a supply pod. Hopefully you are now familiar with the area i speak of!

Here is where i cheated, i grabbed the weapon from the supply pod and backtracked to a spot where a collectable was hiding next to a vending machine. I took shelter on the second floor of this stairwell area and began to unload on the biomechs. I used the weapo from the supply pod and some death from above moves. I would retreat back up to this area and repeat. Take that biomechs!