Man I had so much fun.

Musicedge

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

just finished my normal playthrough and got both the collectible & challenge trophies done with.

when you're actually able to enjoy the game, i.e when not going for a collectible or challenge, it is a really good game. assuming that is that you have the hang of the swing system. took me about half way through to really get a grip on it.

i think they did a really good job on it, i remember playing the very first one on nintendo when i was a wee lad. this is definetley a worthy sequel.

p.s - not sure if anyone else noticed it, but when in one f the downtown levels, there is a poster for (shudders) Dark Void (shudders again) in one of the store windows. obvious shameless self promotion by Capcom. ha.

good luck all!

• 3 weeks later...
just finished my normal playthrough and got both the collectible & challenge trophies done with.

when you're actually able to enjoy the game, i.e when not going for a collectible or challenge, it is a really good game. assuming that is that you have the hang of the swing system. took me about half way through to really get a grip on it.

i think they did a really good job on it, i remember playing the very first one on nintendo when i was a wee lad. this is definetley a worthy sequel.

p.s - not sure if anyone else noticed it, but when in one f the downtown levels, there is a poster for (shudders) Dark Void (shudders again) in one of the store windows. obvious shameless self promotion by Capcom. ha.

good luck all!

Whenever I see the dark void signs. I rip those things down.

• 2 weeks later...

This is still my favorite PS3 game to date. I would love a sequel and sad it didn't do well. Bionic Commando for NES was my favorite game as a kid and they did a really great job with the music and collectibles icons giving you some nostalgia.

The challenges are really fun and add to the game, the collectibles are a bit of a pain but it's pretty much par for the course if your into platinum hunting and at least some of the collectibles are actually a challenge to nab without dying which makes it a bit more interesting than the standard collectibles that just consume time without offering any challenge.