Rate the trophy difficulty.  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_65.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.76

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it a 7. I'm not going for Platinum because commando is too hard for me, and I imagine it will be for most gamers. I'm glad some people find this easy, because I find it so frustrating that I want to break stuff.

The other issue, aside from the game being very hard is getting all of the collectible items. You can't go backwards so if you miss one item in one level you are done, have to start over from scratch.

So it's not impossible. If you have paitence you can get through Commando mode and if you have the paitence of a saint you will be able to find all of the items.

Other than general difficulty, the challanges them selves are not that hard and you can get them in one playthrough.

I give this a 8 some parts in commando mode were a pain. Also getting every collectible was annoying.

Do you have to beat the game on Hard and Commando? or does Commando net you the hard trophy as well.

Yes beating it on commando does net you the hard trophy.

Edited by Dark_Adonis

After frantic mashing of the circle button, I am pleased to say that I finally completed Bionic Commando on 'Commando' difficulty. Very challenging to say the least, but well worth it. Now to pick up my Normal playthrough, gather all the collectibles and complete all the challenges. I've made a list of what challenges I need to do, I'm also using a video guide to help me with the collectibles.

Glad to see that its not a platinum that all can take,

i Plat that 3 days after he comes in store,

played for that 3 days so much, i realyl love it, im now plaing Infamous and i miss Bionic, love it at all.

Commando difficulty can be really frustrating, expecially in the snipers part, but if you gain experience expecially with the bionic arm you can do that, i found more difficulty in the first parte of the game in Commando difficulty.

The collectibles are a pain in the ass, there's a videoguide on xbox360achivements.com (somthing like that).

Other trophies are simple and can be easily taked,

just try to do your challenges in every moment exepcially with the weapons like Hiker and Bulldog.

=)

i dont think i will work for plat on this game...

i dont see another way than "working" with a collectible guide. and i hate it to work on trophies this stupid way. collectibles should be forbidden at all. if at least the stats would be saved for the next playthrough the lack of level select could be forgiven...

there should be a second poll like "trophy quality" that rates the fairness and even the fun of getting plat...

...I've made a list of what challenges I need to do,...

you know you have to do EVERY challenge to get the "do alle challenges trophy"? so a list doesnt make sense as you have to repeat challenges you allready accomplished. also you have to get the collectibles at the same time because they count as level challenges too. also something that f**ks me up :S

Edited by Icky

• 1 month later...

I agree with the poster that commando difficulty is harder in the beginning. Once you get the bionic armor upgrade, it becomes more managable especially against mechs. So I advocate getting the armor award challenges done ASAP. Since you don't have all your abilities early on, you rely on a cover method most of the time.

If you become a pro at kiting and throwing it can carry you through out the game no problem. Like kiting a sniper and throwing him to another. :D

• 3 weeks later...
its not that hard i got over 60% trophy progress first playthrough

even if u get 99% and there is one trophy which is REALLY Hard or impossible like some games (e.g. Ghostbusters where some trophies aren't achievable) it should considered 10 coz we are rating the PLATINUM Difficulty, aren't we?

• 2 weeks later...

7. It is beyond frustrating in some places, but the worst is missing one tiny little thing then advancing too far to get it - you have to start over. I don't know how I managed, but I missed the "Pull" challenge on my first run and didn't notice until the last level... This game can really messy up your day, but it is fun. I absoloutely love seeing the "Game Over" sign when you die - challenges like this are what's missing from today's gaming experience.

• 5 weeks later...

I gave it a 7. It isn't the hardest game by any means, but some of the harder biomech fights coupled with the save/checkpoint system make commando far more frustrating than it should be.

That, and completeing all the challenges and collectibles is totally nerve-wracking.