Question about hacker trophy

maynard

I'm taking this and the super hard trophy in one go. What if I die after the comm room but before the boss, or at the boss for that matter. Unless that was my last life I will spawn outside the comm room. Here's the question; do I have to go back into comm room to hack again?

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good question. it's exactly what I've been wondering about as well. I find it very strange that there hasn't been one answer about it on this thread. i guess nobody knows. I have been going back to the room to re-hack just in case, but it would be nice to know.

Here is my answer though: I am afraid it does NOT save because if it did i think that it would go straight to the dialogue between the 2 enemies, whose comm line you hacked into. Right after a successful hack, if you select to hack again, the mini-game will not be available (the enemy dialogue will just re-play instead). And the fact that after you die and respawn just outside the door, if you go back in, the hacking mini-game now IS available, but on the other hand it's strange that the save point is just outside. That would make one think that the game saved after you hacked the mini-game and left the room. So I'm still unsure and it is a bit confusing. What I do is I go in and re-hack anyway (which is pretty much frustrating) just to be on the safe side. If some else would have info on this, that would be great. These are the last 2 trophies I need to 100% this difficult game and I am going for them in 1 playthrough as well.

That is a good question. it's exactly what I've been wondering about as well. I find it very strange that there hasn't been one answer about it on this thread. i guess nobody knows. I have been going back to the room to re-hack just in case, but it would be nice to know.

Here is my answer though: I am afraid it does NOT save because if it did i think that it would go straight to the dialogue between the 2 enemies, whose comm line you hacked into. Right after a successful hack, if you select to hack again, the mini-game will not be available (the enemy dialogue will just re-play instead). And the fact that after you die and respawn just outside the door, if you go back in, the hacking mini-game now IS available, but on the other hand it's strange that the save point is just outside. That would make one think that the game saved after you hacked the mini-game and left the room. So I'm still unsure and it is a bit confusing. What I do is I go in and re-hack anyway (which is pretty much frustrating) just to be on the safe side. If some else would have info on this, that would be great. These are the last 2 trophies I need to 100% this difficult game and I am going for them in 1 playthrough as well.

Damn, I think you got a point. I haven't been going back in. Guess I'll have to pay for that later maybe. Hope anyone can help us out here.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

You only need to hack it once. You can fail the level afterward without issue. Howver, you must SAVE your game before you quit. Say you start an area, complete the hack, then get a game over. The game does NOT auto-save in this instance. If you are not going to make another attempt on the level, you must exit back to the main menu first, where you'll get a saving notice.

If you've seen the save notice, the hacks you've done are recorded. I forgot to save after failing a mission, then had to redo them all to find the one I missed. Turns out, it was one I'd completed previously, but didn't save after getting a game over.