Wow...I don't think this is worth it.

Itzjohnson

The controls are terrible. Its hard to shoot because you cant aim anywhere but straight forward. You cant jump and got to use this dumb claw grabbing thing. Totally not worth $10. I wouldn't buy this for $5 either. I suggest avoiding this game at all costs. Anyone else agrees that they see this game frustrating instead of fun?

i completely disagree, and judging by the reviews this game got, I think you're in the minority. The limitations put forward in the game are done so a)to make the game more challenging, and b) to stay true to the original game. If it isn't for you that's fine, but I thought it was a great game, and I think I'm only missing one of the trophies.

You're complaining that you can't jump ? That's the entire point of the Bionic Commando games ! You use your bionic arm to move around... and believe me, once you get the hang of the arm controls you'll never even wish for a jump button again because you can swing through the stages like a monkey on crack.

If you don't like it then it's your loss I guess.. you'll be missing out on a great game.

You're complaining that you can't jump ? That's the entire point of the Bionic Commando games ! You use your bionic arm to move around... and believe me, once you get the hang of the arm controls you'll never even wish for a jump button again because you can swing through the stages like a monkey on crack.

If you don't like it then it's your loss I guess.. you'll be missing out on a great game.

Well...this game isn't for me i guess cuz i was looking at the gameplay and i thought "hey this is a 2-player co op Metal Slug". The controls are harder than I thought. No matter how much I hate the controls, I am going to make my 10 dollars useful and get 100% on this :(

I am going to make my 10 dollars useful and get 100% on this :(

No you wont.

Definitely not. Believe me.

You will get your ass handed to you in the challenge rooms. I can tell, i completed them.

And if by some very strange accident you make it through all 56 challenge rooms, you will give up to try 100% on this one, after you play the first level on super hard.

No you wont.

Definitely not. Believe me.

You will get your ass handed to you in the challenge rooms. I can tell, i completed them.

And if by some very strange accident you make it through all 56 challenge rooms, you will give up to try 100% on this one, after you play the first level on super hard.

Agreed. I love Bionic Commando and only on Hard it's a real pain when it wants to. I wanted to get 100% on it, but despite the love that I have for this remake, I gave up on the 100% a long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...

DragonwingBBQ is pro he 100% in the game. I only have 1 challenge left and I got my gold.

Hardest part of Super Hard is the first level but once you get throwing grenades it becomes much easier. Albatross I hear has made many people insane but I must be ready....and willing... for the challenges.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the game but haven't played since the trophies came out. How hard is trophies?

Well from what I read it's extremely difficult.

I thought this game was...alright at first. I didn't play it for almost a year I think (most likely much less). Then I thought I'd give it another shot. I've stopped playing for the time being until I get the opportunity to get the trophy patch (unable to download them at home :() But when I started playing it recently it was pretty fun. But the controls are definately something you'll need to get used to. I'll be sure to get 100% on this game one day w/ loads of patience. And this game has great music :whistle:

Definately worth my $5 investment.

• 2 weeks later...
The controls are terrible. Its hard to shoot because you cant aim anywhere but straight forward. You cant jump and got to use this dumb claw grabbing thing. Totally not worth $10. I wouldn't buy this for $5 either. I suggest avoiding this game at all costs. Anyone else agrees that they see this game frustrating instead of fun?

I do agree actually. I LOVED this game but the control scheme isn't ideal. Shooting the claw out while standing shoots it diagonally, holding right shoots it to the right, and when you're airborn you have to hold it down to shoot it forward. The controls with the claw are extremely difficult to get used to, but because of how much mobility you have with the claw, a jump button is completely unnecessary. There is a weapon that shoots diagonally though and it helps a lot, but on super hard it's unfair that AI can shoot diagonally with a basic weapon and you can't. The game is not noob friendly, you're right. Just takes some getting used to.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't mind the jumping mechanic, but I felt that the level design was incredibly lazy to justify the lack thereof.

Like that one level. You walk to the right, and there's a fucking CRATE that's blocking the way to the exit. We must now traverse all the way up a building, to the right, then climb back down, because fucking Spencer (lolname) can't jump over a fucking CRATE.

That makes me roll my eyes. Make it a concrete wall. Make it a poison pond. Make it a koopa-trooper, I don't care. Do something, but don't just put a crate there and expect me to not say "JUST JUMP OVER THE FUCKING THING"

• 1 month later...

Remember guys, this was based on an NES game once upon a time... an era where people had to make games excruciatingly hard to make up for the lack of total content. It's unfair to criticize a game based on its origins -- in that regard, this is quite faithful and especially worth the price to anyone who spent hundreds of hours on it back in the day. Like me.

• 1 year later...