Bionic Commando: Rearmed - Road Map

AUSPUFF

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

-------------------------------------------------

Game Information

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/180/cover.jpg

Developed By:

GRIN

Published By:

Capcom

Genre:

Action

Release Date:

US: August 14, 2008

Europe: August 14, 2008

Japan: August 14, 2008

Players: 1-4

Offline Co-Op:2

ESRB: M

Note: ESRB Rating IS Correct ! BoxArt Cover is fan-made!

Official Site: Bionic Commando

Game Manual: http://www.bioniccommando.com/downloads/view/162 (PDF, 9MB.)

Classic side-scrolling gameplay is reporting back for duty with Bionic Commando Rearmed, a remake of the classic NES game, coming to PlayStation® Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade and PC in spring 2008.

20 years after the 8-bit classic was released, Bionic Commando Rearmed recreates the world of the original with a complete "2.5D" visual revamp. Bionic Commando Rearmed preserves the original's mix of swinging and shooting in an intense 2D side-scroller, all to the tune of a brand-new soundtrack based on the classic 8-bit music from the NES masterpiece.

But Rearmed is far more than just a remake - it features all-new modes such as the 2-player co-op play, smarter enemy AI, new bionic arm abilities, new weapons, bigger bosses and online rankings. Faithfully sticking to the story of the NES game, Bionic Commando Rearmed tells the story of Nathan "R.A.D." Spencer's first mission, sent in to retrieve captured agent Super Joe from the hands of the Imperials. Fans of the original story can expect to see all the characters from the NES version, as well as the memorable moments that made the title so popular with them. Rearmed will also link-up to its 3D "big brother" coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC, with unlockable content, in-game hints and a story that spans both games.

Game Features:

-Classic Bionic Commando side-scrolling gameplay, updated with new abilities, weapons and bosses

-2-player co-op mode

-Total modern visual and audio revamp

-Cross-game interoperability - complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel

-In-game art designed by one of Capcom's most talented artists, Toshiaki Mori

© Capcom.co., Ltd

(B)(S)(G) http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/auspuff-albums-bionic-commando-rearmed-ps3-psn-picture2059-bionic-commando-rearmed-banner.jpg (G)(S)(B)

Road Map - www.ps3trophies.org - Road Map

Overview:

-Estimated Trophy difficulty: 8.3/10

(ps3t.org Poll Based)

-Estimated time for 100%: 20-40 hours.

(Very skill dependent)

-Minimum playthroughs: 2

(Or 2 + 1 level - If your aim is to get the Intel Collector Trophy faster)

Trophy Information:

-Hidden: 0

(zero)

-Offline: 12

(7(B), 4(S), 1(G))

-Online: 0

(zero)

-Missable Trophies: None!

-Glitched Trophies: None!

-Cheats disable Trophies: No Cheats

Road Map:

Bionic Commando is a game that relies almost entirely on skill. The amount of time needed for a full 100% is reliant on how skilled you are at the game. You are going to need to master everything the game has to offer. Finishing Super Hard will push your skills to the limit, while A Real Challenge requires you to be a master of the Bionic Claw. There are light levels of collection involved, along with a few of those "I would never normally do this strange challenge unless there was a Trophy for it"... To say this game is challenging is an understatement. You are going to have to use a lot of effort to completely finish!

Step 1: Preparation

As you complete your first playthrough, be sure to use [THIS THREAD insert link] to find detailed descriptions for finding every weapon/upgrade, all Yashichis locations and for all of the Intel locations (which are hard to miss except for a few rare cases.) All will be helpful for various stages of the game. You can go back to claim anything you skipped by replaying levels, but for the sake of speed it is best to find everything your first time through.

Step 2: Playthrough #1

For your first playthrough, choose the easy difficulty - See Note below. Any difficulty unlocks Super Hard mode. "H4><0rz" can be unlocked on Super Hard, meaning a Hard playthrough is not required to obtain all Trophies.

Be sure to complete area 05 as soon as you can, as it grants you the rocket launcher, which is a necessity for a large variety of situations, and almost every boss. As for easily missed things, the Helmet, which is required for "The Emperor's New Clothes", can be found in the secret tunnel between areas 15 and 18. This section of the game could get overlooked. Make sure you enter every Safe Zone (friendly locations) and go in all of the red rooms to unlock every Challenge Room. You are going to have to give special kinds of effort for "Clean as a Whistle", :Cat Burglar", and "Pacifist Pride". Be sure to read up on how to unlock them, and complete the requirements before you finish The Albatross.

Besides that, make sure to kill all non-required trucks during at least one "Meet with Enemy" sequence. If you haven't unlocked "Faster Than a Speeding Bullet", you can unlock it quickly by standing in front of an enemy, letting him shoot you, using your arm to block his shots one burst at a time.

The last level is difficult on every difficulty (practically impossible on Super Hard,) especially on the outside swinging portion. If you are having any trouble with the last level, use the Guide thread [THIS THREAD insert link].

Note: BC:Rearmed is getting an update to make it EASIER! Great news for anyone who is having a ton of trouble with this game.

Capcom announced that they are updating the PS33 and 360 with a couple of great new features added to easy and normal modes.

For example, if you swing to death you will RESPAWN on the last solid ground you were standing on. No more playing the whole level again just because you fudged up a swing. Unlimited Lives on Easy.

Check out the full details HERE.

Step 3: Mop-Up

By now you should make sure that you have unlocked:

-Meet with annihilation

-The Emperor's New Clothes

-Faster Than a Speeding Bullet

-Clean as a whistle

-Pacifist Pride

-Cat burglar

-One Dozen Yashichis

-Private Arsenal

Bazooka Upgrade will be given before Final Boss.

Now for...!!!

-Intel Collector

You will be missing 1 Enemy info file, which you will get in Area 5 once you start Super Hard.

Next comes .....

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

Step 4: A Real Challenge

Once you finish your first playthrough, it is time to attempt the game's gauntlet of 56 Challenge Rooms. These rooms range from easy to excruciatingly hard, without much room in-between. The difficulty curve is drastic, offering you a slew of easy levels to start, then bombarding you with challenges that can take upwards of 100 attempts to complete. The final room is above and beyond the most difficult. It is probably going to take over 100 attempts to complete, possibly over 300. [THIS THREAD insert link] will give you a rundown on how to finish every challenge if you ever get stuck. Good luck.

Step 5: Playthrough #2

This is your "H4><0rz" and "Elite Commando" playthrough. As a whole, you are going to need an insane amount of skill to survive Super Hard mode. Don't forget to access every hacking game along the way, and may god bless your poor, poor soul.

Conclusion:

What else is there to say? The game is hard to complete. If you happened to miss anything, you can go back and replay any level you want. If you finish The Albatross and haven't unlocked a few select Trophies, be sure you unlock them before you start your Super Hard playthrough, because *CAUTION* you will loose the save state of the Easy game and loose all free map access. You should have unlocked all but "H4><0rz" and "Elite

Research ,Editing and Formatting by:

AUSPUFF

Credits go to many people at:

www.ps3trophies.org

www.xbox360achievements.org

www.faqs.ign.com

www.bioniccommando.com

www.capcom.com

Note to Mod's:

Road Map is Complete minus inserting 2 links there , linked to the Guide [when complete] which will give greater detail for 3 of the Trophies that require small amount of "gathering".

I noticed this game doesn't have a *Sticky* Road Map and Guide yet.

Therefore I took the liberty to try and put one together for pending approval.

Although there is another "guide" thread floating , nothing has been officially approved yet and *Stuck* So I'm building up a comprehensive Guide as well to hopefully be a part of this Road Map. If I include any relevant Info in my thread from the floating guide the author's Credit will be dully noted.

Let me know what you think.

Regards

Edited by Terminator
Making room for a note in the first post.

Offline co-op is 2 players only. The multiplayer can be played with up to 4 players.

Is this Multiplayer LAN based because i can't figure out how to get online with it? And i don't own a 2nd controller to test what happens if 2nd player "presses start". Reassigning the controller doesn't work.

Obviously you're trying to help all Information to be fully correct. Give me a clue please.

Edited by AUSPUFF

The game doesnt have any online functions.

You can only play offline.

The campaign coop is only for 2 players, but there is a multiplayer mode (where you can fight each other in a arena, knock the other guys from the platforms, etc) and this one can be played with 4 people.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is this Multiplayer LAN based because i can't figure out how to get online with it? And i don't own a 2nd controller to test what happens if 2nd player "presses start". Reassigning the controller doesn't work.

Obviously you're trying to help all Information to be fully correct. Give me a clue please.

If the 2nd player presses start, absolutely nothing happens. You can only have a 2 player game or a single player game. You can't remove the 2nd player and continue your game, you have to have 2 separate games, like Mario 3 on the super nintendo(referring to all-stars).

This is a good guide man, I figured I'd see if there was a trophy guide or something to give my input, I just 100%'d it and knew that there wasn't any guides on the site. The only thing I can say are my mistakes or helpful hints.

For finishing area 05 I believe it was in a minute and a half, do that last after you get the thigh pads, helmet and body armour, it'll make things much easier.

As for getting all the data, there are 2 pages! make sure you press right on the data menu to make sure you have those last two. I started a normal game to get the last one and didn't realize I was missing BC Prototype(which is attained in the very very last level). Because of this, I played easy all over again(only took an hour and 15 minutes ^.^).

I also figured that doing the two tutorials than starting on some challenges early before playing the actual game can make a HUGE difference. The challenges will give you an idea on movement and what you can do with your arm and that helps getting through levels quite a bit faster. Just a suggestion though. I just did as many as I could then played the game.

Any questions to help your guide, let me know.