BC:Rearmed - Trophy Cliffnotes

Ehou

Intro: Lots of updates. Closure on the Propeller Droid issue for the Intel Trophy. A small rework of the Overview (ie: Roadmap). The Unofficial Trophy Guide for BC: Rearmed is complete. Future edits I expect to be minor. Enjoy.

Overview:

Generally, you want to play through the main campaign on Easy difficulty and finish the game - which should be reasonably fun and not all too difficult. After the credits roll and you return to the title screen, by selecting Continue from the main menu you'll be returned to the completed Campaign map for access to trophy hunting.

Beating the game once - on any difficulty - will unlock Super Hard mode. After farming all possible trophies from Easy mode including all Database entries (minus the single Database entry for the "Propeller Droid"), start a new game on Medium difficulty and rush to Area 5 to collect the Propeller Droid for the Intel trophy. Note that starting a new game will reset your Campaign Map progress, but it will not reset any Database entries or Challenges you've collected.

Once you have the Intel trophy, your second play through should be Super Hard for 100% completion (for remaining trophies: H4><0rz and Elite Commando), along with collecting the Challenge trophy available from the main menu.

Missable trophies

• Intel Collector - Requires Normal difficulty or greater (the Propeller Droid does not appear in Easy).
  • H4><0rz - Requires Hard difficulty or greater.
  • Elite Commando - Requires Super Hard difficulty (beat game on any difficulty to unlock).
  • A Real Challenge - Requires challenges to be unlocked / located ingame.

Trophies:

Meet with annihilation Bronze Trophy

Kill all foot soldiers and enemy trucks on a Meet With Enemy sequence.

When your helicopter encounters a 'truck' icon on the Campaign map - simply clear all grunts and spawn trucks along the way. I've heard rumors that this specific trophy has issues in Co-op. Be aware.

The Emperor's New Clothes Bronze Trophy

Obtain the Shin Guards, the Bulletproof Vest and the Helmet.

You'll be rewarded with the Shin Guards (Area 08) and the Bulletproof (Area 11) by progressing through the campaign. The Helmet is in the secret tunnel between Area 15-18.

/BEGIN direct excerpt from gamefaqs walkthrough, link to page located at the bottom of this guide in the External Resources section.

Secret Tunnels:

-To unlock these routes, go to Area 19 and find the second floor room

that contains an enemy POW. Hit him repeatedly with the Bionic Arm

to force him to reveal the secret routes.

/END

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet Bronze Trophy

Block 100 projectiles using the claw.

Not as bad as it looks, there are some decent infantry spawns around a couple bosses. Walk towards an oncoming bullet and use the bionic arm to block it.

Clean as a whistle Bronze Trophy

Clear Area 02 without touching a slime blob.

Don't touch any blobs. You can cut it pretty close, just don't get carried along by any of them. Swing, stay stuck to the ceiling and generally be patient.

Pacifist Pride Bronze Trophy

Clear any of Area 1 - 12 without firing your gun.

You can use Grenades, just don't fire your weapon.

Cat burglar Bronze Trophy

Get to the boss of Area 05 within one minute and thirty seconds.

You're going to have to move very quickly. For the comm rooms, run in and perform a Contact HQ then cancel out. You don't have to read the HQ dialog or Hack any of the terminals to open the boss door up top, just Contact HQ and bail out.

H4><0rz Bronze Trophy

Hack through all the hacking games on Hard.

Reasonably self-explanatory. For details, see the 'Xbox Live Achievement Guide' link at the bottom of this this guide [External Resources section].

Private Arsenal Silver Trophy

Obtain every weapon and weapon upgrade.

The notable one is the Bazooka upgrade which is given to you as a story event during the last level in the game (Albatross level) just before the end boss.

One Dozen Yashichis Silver Trophy

Collect all twelve hidden Yashichis - one from each of Area 01 - 12.

I recommend using Co-op to get the harder ones. You can press START on controller 2 at any time to have someone join in. Some of the yashichis are simple, but the harder ones are made a lot easier when you can die and respawn at Player 2's position.

The yashichis are generally located one per "hostile" Area, 1 through 12. There are many YouTube vids on locating the yashichis (the one i used shown below); but they're only useful when combined /w one (or both) of the guides at the bottom of this this guide [External Resources section].

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79NzI7N3cKk]YouTube - Bionic Commando Rearmed - 12 Yashichi's[/ame]

Intel Collector Silver Trophy

Acquire all database logs.

The Propeller Droid does not appear in Easy. If you can't locate him, that's probably why.

UPDATED: The Propeller Droid is DOES NOT appear in Easy difficulty. However, starting a new game (ie: on Medium difficulty) will not reset any previously collected Database entries and will allow you to step over to Area 5 to acquire the Propeller Droid. ***Warning: *** be sure to have completed all Database entries (including the BC Prototype Weapon and the BC Purple Matrix) before starting a new game, as it will reset Campaign Map progress and reduce your access to the map.

Elite Commando Silver Trophy

Clear the game on Super Hard.

Beating the game on any difficulty level (even Easy) will unlock Super Hard. For details, see the 'Xbox Live Achievement Guide' link at the bottom of this this guide [External Resources section].

A Real Challenge Gold Trophy

Acquire at least one star in each of the Challenge Rooms 1 - 56.

Terrible.

External Resources:

Database guide: GameFAQs: Bionic Commando Rearmed (PS3) Database Guide by DualGreen

Secrets guide:GameFAQs: Bionic Commando Rearmed (PS3) Secrets Guide by DualGreen

Xbox Live Achievement Guide: xbox360Achievements.org Trophy Guide (sister site)

^^ contains a Hack terminal location list

Walkthrough: GameFAQs: BC:Rearmed Walkthrough

Edited by Ehou

Does anybody have the gold trophy??

These challenge rooms are a really stressful. Unfair... :mad:

Yeah, im pretty close, too.

I think i have only 4 or 5 left to do.

Man, some of those are really frustrating. I just finished one with over 200 attempts. And its already easier for me, because i did most of these challenge rooms already before the trophy patch.

But i thinks thats it trophy-wise for me then. I dont have the patience to get through super hard.

I mean, i appreciate a nice challenge, but they just took it to far with super hard in this game.

Kudos to everybody who gets 100% on this one.

Yeah, im pretty close, too.

I think i have only 4 or 5 left to do.

Man, some of those are really frustrating. I just finished one with over 200 attempts. And its already easier for me, because i did most of these challenge rooms already before the trophy patch.

But i thinks thats it trophy-wise for me then. I dont have the patience to get through super hard.

I mean, i appreciate a nice challenge, but they just took it to far with super hard in this game.

Kudos to everybody who gets 100% on this one.

Yeah, I know what you mean... I finished the Super Hard Mode before the trophy patch (I got the lame "medal", lol). The only problem I had was the second part of the Albatross. It took me weeks, several weeks to pass that, and as long to defeat the boss... Now I'm not sure I have the patience to go through that all again, like you mentioned.

The Challenge Rooms, on the other hand, I never finished, not even before the patch... I insist: it's trully stressful, frustrating and unfair!!! :mad:

Where did you find those flying drones because they don't show up in the construction yard

gamefaqs walkthrough for BC:Rearmed confirms the following:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Intel Collector: 5 Points

---------------

Description: Acquire all database logs.

Tips: This Achievement cannot be earned on Easy difficulty because

the Flying Droid enemy only appears on Normal or higher.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I would very much like to know where you found the droid in Easy. I will update the unofficial trophy guide if you can lead us to the Flying Droid on Easy difficulty.

Otherwise, I'll just assume the guy who mentioned this (couple posts above) is either lying, or else honestly believed he was playing on Easy while he was actually playing on Normal difficulty.

Edited by Ehou

Ok so i have no idea about the droid. I was following the same guide and had read the fact that it couldn't be done on easy (was pretty bummed about it). So i had completed the game and remembered that i forgot to grab the secret docs in the secret passage between 14-17. As soon as i grabbed the Secret dossier, the trophy popped up to my surprise.

So i can assure you I'm not lying. I really have it and i really think i was on easy but i guess it's still possible i might have taken normal mode without noticing it but doubtful.

I'll try and look at the database to see if that droid is there but my game is in french and the name might differ. Keep in mind, the patch made some significant change to the game, that's something that might have been changed in the process since all those guide are based on the old version of the game prior to the patch.

Edited by billwabo

Ok so i have no idea about the droid. I was following the same guide and had read the fact that it couldn't be done on easy (was pretty bummed about it). So i had completed the game and remembered that i forgot to grab the secret docs in the secret passage between 14-17. As soon as i grabbed the Secret dossier, the trophy popped up to my surprise.

So i can assure you I'm not lying. I really have it and i really think i was on easy but i guess it's still possible i might have taken normal mode without noticing it but doubtful.

I'll try and look at the database to see if that droid is there but my game is in french and the name might differ. Keep in mind, the patch made some significant change to the game, that's something that might have been changed in the process since all those guide are based on the old version of the game prior to the patch.

That's really good news. I'll try to confirm this tonight if possible. If anyone confirms it beforehand, please update /w info.

This text has been to the unofficial walkthrough (top-post) until it's confirmed:

UNCONFIRMED: possible patch removed the Flying Droid from blocking completion for the Intel trophy (collect all entries for the ingame Database). If confirmed, this means Easy and Super Hard are the only two playthroughs required beyond the Challenge Mode trophies.

UPDATED: In the US version, the Propeller Droid does not appear in Easy difficulty; but starting a new game on Normal will not clear your Database entries and allows you to step to Area 5 very quickly and acquire this single missing item. Warning: ** be sure to have completed all Database entries before starting a new game, as it will reset your access to the Campaign map **

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Ehou

Just took a pic of my database, i think this could be the droid in question

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7224/dsc01661p.th.jpg

If so, it is in my database.

Hmm, that entry (for Propeller Droid) is still ???????????? in my Easy difficulty database. The question remains, where did you FIND it? Very interesting.

Edited by Ehou

That's really good news. I'll try to confirm this tonight if possible. If anyone confirms it beforehand, please update /w info.

This text has been to the unofficial walkthrough (top-post) until it's confirmed:

UNCONFIRMED: possible patch removed the Flying Droid from blocking completion for the Intel trophy (collect all entries for the ingame Database). If confirmed, this means Easy and Super Hard are the only two playthroughs required beyond the Challenge Mode trophies.

Thanks for the tip.

Okay, good news and bad news. Bad news is, for whatever reason - the Propeller Droid DOES NOT EXIST in Easy Difficulty for the US Version of BC:Rearmed. Having every other Database entry (except the Propeller Droid) will not get you the Intel trophy.

The French version reported above (the user that had a Propeller Droid in the European version of BC:Rearmed) may actually work differently; but i can neither confirm nor deny that as this time.

The good news is that when you start a new game (say, on Normal) it will reset the Campaign Map progress but it will not reset your Database Entries. You can quickly step over to Area 5 and acquire the Propeller Droid for the trophy.

Updating the guide as follows:

UPDATED: In the US version, the Propeller Droid is DOES NOT appear in Easy difficulty. However, starting a new game (ie: on Medium difficulty) will not reset any previously collected Database entries and will allow you to step over to Area 5 to acquire the Propeller Droid. ***Warning: *** be sure to have completed all Database entries (including the BC Prototype Weapon and the BC Purple Matrix) before starting a new game, as it will reset Campaign Map progress and reduce your access to the map.

Edited by Ehou

UPDATED: In the US version, the Propeller Droid is DOES NOT appear in Easy difficulty. However, starting a new game (ie: on Medium difficulty) will not reset any previously collected Database entries and will allow you to step over to Area 5 to acquire the Propeller Droid. ***Warning: *** be sure to have completed all Database entries (including the BC Prototype Weapon and the BC Purple Matrix) before starting a new game, as it will reset Campaign Map progress and reduce your access to the map.

I just played through every trophy available on easy and do NOT have the Propeller Droid in my database. I'm playing on a PAL copy of the game (in Australia) so either it is hidden somewhere weird, which is unlikely considering I have everything else, or the French version is different to the PAL version I'm playing.

Anyway, onto normal to get the droid then onto super hard, yippee.

I just played through every trophy available on easy and do NOT have the Propeller Droid in my database. I'm playing on a PAL copy of the game (in Australia) so either it is hidden somewhere weird, which is unlikely considering I have everything else, or the French version is different to the PAL version I'm playing.

Anyway, onto normal to get the droid then onto super hard, yippee.

The Propeller Droid is not there on Easy. The only area this enemy appears is Area 5 and it doesnt appear on easy. I know, because i just got Cat Burglar on easy in Area 5 (I have the PAL versiona as well).

Oh and if you didnt play this game a lot before the trophy patch you will have a really hard time on super hard. Especially if you go from easy straight to super hard.

Hey guys, can somebody confirm that all the trophies can be obtained when playing coop?

I would try getting Elite Commando in coop, if that would work.

I guess its easier that way (if you have a skilled friend).

I've unlocked some of the other trophies (not the game complete ones) in Co-op, so I imagine they'll work just fine. This sounds like a great remedy for Super Hard, which is bone crushingly difficulty.

Someone on the BC:Rearmed forums was complaining that they couldn't get the "Meet with annihilation" trophy in Co-op, but this seems unique. My hunch is it's because there is not actually '1' entity remaining in the level (for the trophy); but instead 2 entities: Player 1 and Player 2. The other trophies appear good to go.

Ok so here's some specification from my part. I have the US version even though my game is in french (we speak french in Quebec).

And i played the game in co-op, don't know if it makes a difference. I got all the trophies in easy co-op except the 3 obvious one:

-A Real Challenge (not related to difficulty)

-Elite Commando (obviously)

-H4><0rz (must be done on hard or super hard)

and another one i didn't get in co-op is "Cat burglar" because with 2 players it was too difficult to coordinate our stuff together. So what i did is get every other trophies on easy co-op. At this point i had everything and started another game on easy again but solo and played a couple stage to get to the cat burglar stage then got that trophy.

Oh and if you didnt play this game a lot before the trophy patch you will have a really hard time on super hard. Especially if you go from easy straight to super hard.

Thankfully I played it quite a bit when it first came out. Pretty annoying that I have to go back now and re-do so much but oh well... Just one challenge room left to do... 56. Taking a break from them now after doing almost all of them in a sitting.

Not looking forward to super hard but oh well ... Wish they had released trophies with the game originally ...

what this about matricies and all that? is that what those 2 last question marks are in the main menu of the database are? i have everything else

Yes, there is a purple matrix you need to find by getting all 12 Yashichis and opening the door in Area 0.

There is also the prototype weapon in the second interior part of the Albatross level.

Jesus, finally beat The Leaders helicopter on super hard. I'm not sure if I've ever been so elated with a gold or platinum trophy before, let alone a silver one! So satisfying to blow up that bastards head finally.

Anyway, I stumbled upon some videos that were helpful getting through super hard. This guy has done perfect, no hit run throughs of the first 9 areas on super hard so there is plenty of useful tips to be found here:

FuturePress on YouTube

He also has Eagle on all challenge rooms, including the secret ones it seems! :eek: