Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 - Road Map and Trophy Guide

netgrade

Overview:

Estimated trophy difficulty: 4

Offline: 12 (1(G) , 4(S) , 7(B))

Online: 0

Estimated amount of time to 100%: 6+ hours (varies with skill)

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2+

Number of missable trophies: 0

Glitched trophies: None

Do cheat codes disable trophies? None available

RoadMap:

Introduction:

Well, the long-awaited sequel to the 2008 Bionic Commando: Rearmed is finally here, and with it comes an easier 100%. The controls have been changed; you can now start swinging at any time, jump, and have upgrades that actually matter. Unlike the first game, though, you cannot choose which level to go to first. And of course the challenge rooms make a return, but this time you don't unlock them by playing the single player campaign - the first one is already unlocked at the beginning of the game. To access the rest you need to beat the first one, so you can't jump around to the easiest ones.

Step 1 - Story Mode (Hard/No Jump)

This game isn't as hard as the first one, so I'd suggest starting your first playthrough on hard. You should also try to beat the levels without jumping, since it's not that hard to get around the obstacles in your way.

Step 2 - Story Mode (Clean Up/Prestige Items/No Jump)

After beating the game for the first time, you can go back and pick any level you want in order to get the remaining items. It might take a while to get every upgrade, and you'll need to beat the game again with the Prestige Items. If after this playtrough you still haven't beaten the game without jumping, I suggest picking the "Retro" difficulty.

Step 3 - Challenge Rooms

Now for the challenge rooms. They are actually quite easy to beat, and they won't take too long. You should try them while beating the game, just so you can get some rooms cleared.

Step 4-Co-op

So after beating the game alone you'll need to beat it with a buddy, or alone with two controllers. Just put the game on the easiest difficulty, and let player two die while you go through the levels.

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/01.jpgWelcome to Papagaya Island(B)

Kill the miniboss in Puerto Cálao.

Story related, cannot miss.

This is the first boss you'll face. You'll face him at the end of the first level, and be prepared because he has an almost one-hit kill attack if you are too close to him. To beat him you just need to throw your claw at his face, this will make him fall. Then just shoot him, but be careful he will hit you and take half of your HP away when he gets back up. You just need to repeat this until he's dead.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/02.jpgRumble in the Jungle(B)

Defeat something huge.

The "Huge" thing the description is talking about is the giant Gorilla you have to face before crossing to the other island.

If you are going for a "No jump" and "Hard" run then let me tell you that it's impossible not to get hit while doing this. So I'd suggest using the Health Regeneration upgrade found in the first level. The boss itself isn't that hard. This is the basic strategy:

After the intro he'll raise his left hand (your right side) and turn it into electricity. Run to the opposite side and wait for the hand to return to its place, after that he'll mark the spots he's about to chop with his right hand (your left side). Just stay in the middle of the spots and he won't hit you.

After that he just repeats the above, but with the opposite side. When that is over, go to your right side and wait for his hand to raise, grab it and go up. He will turn his face to you, that's when you hit him, then grab his ear and pull, it will reveal a big red "eye" - shoot it until he closes his mouth.

Thanks to Barryms0083 for the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJolVMuMEHA]YouTube - Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 Level 11 Something Big Playstation 3 PS3 PSN DLC[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/03.jpgGet the heck outa here you nerd(B)

Defeat the final boss.

Surprisingly, this boss is much easier than the Gorilla. During the whole battle the boss will stay in the top of a tower and will send missiles to you. Just crouch, and when you see a missile that is at your level coming towards you, just use the grappling hook to block it.

In the second part you'll have to get up and just dodge a few missiles, after that crouch so you don't get hit by the missiles on the side. He will then repeat the first part on both sides. For the last part - and this is when you can finally do some damage - he'll throw a ball at you. Grab it and make sure when you throw it against the tower that you press down, so the ball rolls. And thats it! You'll have to repeat that three more times, and then you'll have finally finished the game.

*Warning this video contains Spoilers*

Thanks to Barryms0083 for the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3DmV6Jsdc]YouTube - Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 Level 28 Impact + Ending Playstation 3 PS3 PSN DLC[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/04.jpgBy hook or by Crook(B)

Complete all challenge rooms.

If you played the first game this won't be hard at all. If you didn't, you'll still find these challenges easy. The challenge rooms are more of a way to learn the new controls in this game. There are only 24 challenge rooms, in some of them you'll need to fall on spikes to get high enough to grab a block. In others you'll need to use the new jump move, or jumping off of a wall while sliding. Overall they aren't hard.

Thanks to GoGamingGiantG3 for the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCs6hPeUwbM]YouTube - Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 Challenge Room Walkthrough[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/05.jpgBoth guns blazing(B)

Complete the game in coop mode.

Just like the description says, you have to play in co-op. The problem is that the game only has local co-op, so if you only have a controller and don't know anyone else with one, you are out of luck. For the others who do have two controllers, I suggest playing with just player one and let player two die.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/06.jpgTASC Force(B)

As the primary player, complete a level by only finishing off enemies with your bionics.

I found the second level, "Fort Arturo," to be one of the easier levels to use to get this trophy.

Thanks to CapnAsh for his strategy!

For the TASC Force trophy, I was able to get it by using only barrels and the grenade launcher. I'd imagine any damage besides your primary weapons are considered bionics (as I was killing enemies with barrels).
Edited by Terminator
Removed signature.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/07.jpgStiirike(B)

As the primary player, kill 4 enemies with one barrel.

Thanks to SirkSirk for the info!

There is a MUCH easier way to get Stiirike and only takes one player. Yultec ruins. Right before the end there is two bridges. Chase the enemies past the first bridge and they'll hide behind a red barrel. Shoot the barrel and bam, trophy. I'm sure the trophy was meant to get in this location, getting in prison takes way to much effort, this takes close to none.

Note: This must be done on Normal+, Casual only spawns 3 soldiers and soldiers don't run for cover on casual. Also, do not destroy the first bridge, if you mess up, you can die and try again, if you destroy the bridge, one enemy will be to the left of the bridge and won't be able to cross. Safest thing to do is throw the red barrel next to the first bridge to the left or get shot in the back so you drop it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/08.jpgRearmed(S)

As the primary player, obtain all bionic arm upgrades.

Upgrades are scattered throughout the levels, some have 3 or more upgrades.

Don't worry if at first you can't get any, most of them require weapons you get as you go through the game. You can use the Treasure Radar upgrade to help get the rest of the upgrades. You can get it in the "Point of No Return" level. Below is an image with the list of weapons and passive/active upgrades, with the number of the level where they can be found. Remember you just need to find one of each.

XHsBnSF.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/10.jpgBilly Hoyle(S)

As the primary player, complete the game without jumping.

This is very easy to do, even if you have never played the first one. When it seems like there's an obstacle that you can't pass without jumping, look around and you may find a lamp post to grab onto and swing to the other side. Since you can start swinging at any time, this shouldn't be a problem. Alternatively, you can beat the game while jumping, and then you will unlock a new difficulty called "Retro" - in this difficulty you can't jump.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/11.jpgLast Action Hero(S)

As the primary player, complete the game on hard difficulty.

This game - unlike the first one - isn't that hard, and also unlike the first game you can't choose where to go, you need to beat a stage before moving to the next one.

Tips:

-You start the game with only a gun and nothing else, but you can get the Grenade Launcher in the first level. Find it, this upgrade will be very helpful for you as it breaks block that stand in your way.

-After that, go back to the first level again and get the Health Regeneration upgrade, you'll need to use the Grenade Launcher for this.

-As you progress you might find, or get new weapons for beating the levels. I only found 2 weapons other than the gun you start with to be useful. Those are the Yoro Viper and the WASP Bazooka.

-WASP Bazooka will let you break walls that you couldn't break before, but be careful you might get hurt by it if you are too close to the target.

-Yoro Viper is really helpful, not only because it activates generators, therefore it opens new doors, but because it can kill heavily guarded soldiers like the ones you find in later levels.

-The Hacking Claw is another upgrade you want to find. Just like Yoro Viper it will open doors, or other things such as, platforms, for you. It doesn't really have any effect on enemies.

-Unlike the first game you don't have to recollect all extra lives once you die so I suggest getting as many as you can. They aren't hard to find, but they might be tricky to get.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/12.jpgCap Commando(S)

As the primary player, complete all levels with both prestige upgrades equipped.

You just need to clear each level with the Trucker Cap and Dog Tags equipped, they are awarded after you get one of each passive/active upgrades.

Thanks to Eternal_Spoon for the info!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/537/09.jpgOCD(G)

As the primary player, find all Yasichis.

Please see this playlist for videos showing the locations of all the Yasichis:

YouTube - skorch82's Channel

Thanks to skorch82 for the videos.

Edited by Terminator
Removed signature.

For the TASC Force trophy, I was able to get it by using only barrels and the grenade launcher. I'd imagine any damage besides your primary weapons are considered bionics (as I was killing enemies with barrels).

Edited by CapnAsh

Stiirike - I did this on the last area of the Prison level (the level icon is "Soap"). I also used two players (with health regeneration) to help zoom the camera out so I could keep the enemies on screen.

There is a barrel to the left of the door you exit out of, but leave it alone for now. Go right and try to get past enemies without killing them, and pick up the two barrels there, but get hit so you'll drop them (so there's no obstructions in the way). There should also be a flying robot around trying to piss you off, leave it alone.

With all that done, there should be three soldiers on the ground, and an annoying flying robot. I had the second player on the right to help keep the enemies in view (they may not die if offscreen) while I went to the barrel on the left. I hit the robot with my claw to lower it to the ground, and used the Hacking claw after to stun it there. Then it was barrel time :D Oh, make to roll it and not throw it.

Rearmed - You just need one of each Active/Passive upgrade, you don't need to fully upgrade them. The Trucker Cap and Dog Tags prestige upgrades are automatically obtained when you get at least one of each of the other upgrades (one for active and one for passive).

Cap Commando - Clear each level start to finish with both the Trucker Cap and Dog Tags equipped (don't change upgrades or you'll miss out and need to replay the level). Both upgrades do nothing, btw.

Edited by Eternal_Spoon

You know, i tried that, but sometimes i shot the explosive barrels, Ill have to try without shooting them. Its still weird why you dont get the trophy even if you dont kill anyone, because technically you are not killing anyone with your gun.

BTW thanks to both of you! I have now added your information to the guide.

Stiirike - I did this on the last area of the Prison level (the level icon is "Soap"). I also used two players (with health regeneration) to help zoom the camera out so I could keep the enemies on screen.

There is a barrel to the left of the door you exit out of, but leave it alone for now. Go right and try to get past enemies without killing them, and pick up the two barrels there, but get hit so you'll drop them (so there's no obstructions in the way). There should also be a flying robot around trying to piss you off, leave it alone.

With all that done, there should be three soldiers on the ground, and an annoying flying robot. I had the second player on the right to help keep the enemies in view (they may not die if offscreen) while I went to the barrel on the left. I hit the robot with my claw to lower it to the ground, and used the Hacking claw after to stun it there. Then it was barrel time :D Oh, make to roll it and not throw it.

I found an easier way to get this trophy using the same area. First destroy the red barrel and the barrel next to it but ignore the barrel to the left of the door. Kill any enemies that get in the way. Now exit this area from the entrance door and then go back in. The enemies will have respawned but the barrels will not.

Now grapple up to the platform above the door and get the shield soldier's attention. Drop back down to the ground and he should follow you giving you four soldiers on the ground level.

Equip the speed booster and grab the barrel to the left of the door. Roll the barrel at the soldiers and chase after it. If the barrel goes too far off screen it will disappear, so you need to run after it. Run after the barrel and it will kill all four soldiers. My speed booster was fully upgraded when I did this so I'm not sure if a lower level speed booster will be fast enough.

Got a few pointers that held me up!

TASC Force - For this i just used the bionic Arm Whip add on for the ^ button.

Stirrrike - like Eternal-Spoon said definatly on the prison level

I got it near the end of the level where there is a flying robot and 5 soldiers

- 1 on a 3rd level platform

- 1 on a 2nd level platform

- and 2 on the ground (one has a sheild)

-there is another with a sheild on a separate 2nd level but i left him unalerted

1st get the 2nd level guy down to the bottom by alearting him and bringing him down

2nd get the third level guy down to the second and then to the bottom (can be tricky with them all shooting... make sure you have your + equiped and take your time if needed)

3rd shoot the shield of the one soldier but be carfel not to kill him or the others.

4th go to the left grab the barrel and throw it at them

* not when getting the barrel and shooting the shield of the soilder utilize the "sheild" bionic. make sure you crouch down cuz you will get nailed if you are standing!

Billy Hoyle - if you miss any after you beat the game there is a retro setting that wont let you jump :) needed that cuz sometimes just cant help yourself :p

*note that the retro setting does not count as a hard mode playthrough

Cap Commando - you dont get the hat or dog tages untill you get ALL of the passive/agressive upgrades.

prestige was dificult on the AA turrent boss (took me awhile to figure out you can use death from above on the legs ;))

By hook or by Crook - didnt find these as easy as everyone says there were 3 or 4 that took quite a few play throughs especialy the last 2 ... good luck and be patient

Here's an update for you guys, i just finished recording the Challenge Rooms, not with the greatest quality, but its better than nothing, tomorrow Ill record the two boss battles that have a trophy. Unfortunaly I already have some of the Yasichis and I cant remenber their locations so Im sorry about that one.

There is a MUCH easier way to get Stiirike and only takes one player. Yultec ruins. Right before the end there is two bridges. Chase the enemies past the first bridge and they'll hide behind a red barrel. Shoot the barrel and bam, trophy. I'm sure the trophy was meant to get in this location, getting in prison takes way to much effort, this takes close to none.

Note: This must be done on Normal+ Casual only spawns 3 soldiers and soldiers dont run for cover on casual. Also, do not destroy the first bridge, if you mess up, you can die and try again, if you destroy the bridge, one enemy will be to the left of the bridge and won't be able to cross. Safest thing to do is throw the red barrel next to the first bridge to the left or get shot in the back so you drop it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Maybe you could add this tip for anyone having a hard time with the Hard & No Jump playthru.

I find it easier to worry about the No Jump on Casual, as it adds wooden blocks thru out the level thus making it easier. On the same playthru, try and get all of the upgrades or as many as you can.

Then after that playthru, start co-op on hard. You'll have most of the upgrades by now and co-op will make it even easier (if you actually have someone playing with you). If only one of the two players die, you don't start over at the most recent checkpoint, the player who is alive continues while the other waits to respawn.. It's really helpful during bosses as it doesn't make you start the boss fight over. However if you both die at the same time, you'll be asked to continue and start back at the checkpoint.

• 2 years later...

Step 4-Co-op

So after beating the game alone you'll need to beat it with a buddy, or alone with two controllers. Just put the game on the easiest difficulty, and let player two die while you go through the levels.

Just wondering if I'm missing something here, because this method doesn't really work too well.

The problem is player 2 doesn't really stay dead. I can run ahead, but I'm stuck at the edge of the screen, blind, waiting for player to 2 to die. Then when he finally dies from timeout, I get 10 seconds of normal play before he re-spawns and I start the process over.

To make matters worse, lives are shared, so I can't just run him out of lives, because that takes all mine away too.

I'm pretty much forced to rubber-band between both controllers, which while doable, is really fucking annoying, and I could see it being a problem in the later levels.

Is there some trick to make player 2 stay dead while I run through the level?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Just wondering if I'm missing something here, because this method doesn't really work too well.

The problem is player 2 doesn't really stay dead. I can run ahead, but I'm stuck at the edge of the screen, blind, waiting for player to 2 to die. Then when he finally dies from timeout, I get 10 seconds of normal play before he re-spawns and I start the process over.

To make matters worse, lives are shared, so I can't just run him out of lives, because that takes all mine away too.

I'm pretty much forced to rubber-band between both controllers, which while doable, is really fucking annoying, and I could see it being a problem in the later levels.

Is there some trick to make player 2 stay dead while I run through the level?

It's annoying but when you have 20 lives and are just rushing through it's not hard to do just like I said really annoying.