Is the online really this dead?

DarqueDragon

Hopefully, someone sees this, since there has been only one post in the last 4 months!

I am trying to get into a team deathmatch and, for the last hour, one of three things happens.

Either I get "No joinable matches found" or I end up in a lobby with Japanese PSN IDs, and they are level 40 or 50 (the lowest level I saw was a 38), or I get the loading screen for the match only go get "connection timed out" before the match even finished loading. I haven't even been able to play one match, because if I find a lobby at all, it only has 1 or 2 people in it.

So, as the title asks, is the online in this game really this dead, or are there certain times I have to play in order to find a match.

Edited by DarqueDragon

Hopefully, someone sees this, since there has been only one post in the last 4 months!

I am trying to get into a team deathmatch and, for the last hour, one of three things happens.

Either I get "No joinable matches found" or I end up in a lobby with Japanese PSN IDs, and they are level 40 or 50 (the lowest level I saw was a 38), or I get the loading screen for the match only go get "connection timed out" before the match even finished loading. I haven't even been able to play one match, because if I find a lobby at all, it only has 1 or 2 people in it.

So, as the title asks, is the online in this game really this dead, or are there certain times I have to play in order to find a match.

When i played the only thing that was active was TDM. I would probably be over by now. Unless u have 5 other people that are willing to boost with u its pretty much useless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, the deal with the online is:

1-you can find people playing, but 90% of the times they are Japanese gamers and they are really good. I learned a lot playing against them, but you need patience because...well, like i said, they are really good and a lot of times is frustrating . I am playing the game online since the day was released and still today you find the same people, so you can see that they have a lot of experience.

2-For some reason i don't know, they ban a lot of people. I think it's because of the lag. It is really frustrating when there are only 7 people online, one room open and they ban you.

3-And also, they only play Team Deathmatch. I've been trying to start a match with different rules but is impossible...i am tired of TDM.

• 4 months later...

I played a bunch of FFA matches the other day, haven't tried TDM but I assume that's available as well. I did get booted a few times, the servers seem sketchy, but overall it's not that hard and I found the FFA to be pretty fun. The taunts are a nice touch even if they get abused a bit.

Online Trophies are the worst thing to happen in modern gaming. Trophies should really only be for SP campaigns or if a game as coop modes like Call of Duty where you can still get them 10 years after the game launched.

I love trophments but it's being mishandled by devs

I've been thinking lately, maybe online trophies aren't the problem. Maybe platinum trophies are the problem with the system. People always piss and moan about online trophies. Why? Because they "need to do them to get the plat". I wonder if platinums didn't exist if all the whiners would shut up?

Edited by Xander45
please use the edit function instead of double posting

• 4 months later...
I've been thinking lately, maybe online trophies aren't the problem. Maybe platinum trophies are the problem with the system. People always piss and moan about online trophies. Why? Because they "need to do them to get the plat". I wonder if platinums didn't exist if all the whiners would shut up?

I guess not, people @ xbox doesn't have platinum, but they go after all the "trophies" the same way. It's about starting something and then finishing it.

• 6 months later...

No no, the MP is fine in games and a great addition to shut up that 1% of people that bitch about shooters not having a MP mode.

But as a few above mentioned, Online Trophies just plain suck.

Also to necro this thread with Tiberius further!

I really am glad PSN has Platniums.

When I look at my XBL friends its just annoying to have to go into EACH game's acheevos to figure out if they've 100% or not, and seriously, the GS is "meh" High number could either mean this person just plays a LOT of games or is actually a completionist.

What sets PSN apart, is that the Completionist actually gets a TROPHY everyone can see, instead of just points.

And I really like that compared to XBL.

Bragging rights and competitiveness is a good thing stop hating on it.

So no, I dont think Plats are the problem. I think its Online Trophies.

Albeit, Trophies and Achievements are all just mere gimmicks.

I still get that pang of, ugh, when I play my WiiU games and theres nothing to show for it.

No no, the MP is fine in games and a great addition to shut up that 1% of people that bitch about shooters not having a MP mode.

But as a few above mentioned, Online Trophies just plain suck.

Also to necro this thread with Tiberius further!

I really am glad PSN has Platniums.

When I look at my XBL friends its just annoying to have to go into EACH game's acheevos to figure out if they've 100% or not, and seriously, the GS is "meh" High number could either mean this person just plays a LOT of games or is actually a completionist.

What sets PSN apart, is that the Completionist actually gets a TROPHY everyone can see, instead of just points.

And I really like that compared to XBL.

Bragging rights and competitiveness is a good thing stop hating on it.

So no, I dont think Plats are the problem. I think its Online Trophies.

Albeit, Trophies and Achievements are all just mere gimmicks.

I still get that pang of, ugh, when I play my WiiU games and theres nothing to show for it.

Damn, I didn't even realize how old this topic was when I'd replied. :shock: I did try the online recently, seems it's always Japanese only players deathmatching and they are way, way better than I am. No one seems to be playing Invasion or any of the other modes.

• 2 years later...