Online is broken?

Johnova

Hi folks,

Just started playing today, and alas, Sega fail again with online; I've been running round MP maps with my team-mates, shooting at enemies, the enemies shooting back, and nobody dying. We're all just a load of bullet-sponges...it's bizarre.

Is this a common problem? The MP aside from being dead, seems to have horrendous problems too, which is a shame as I'd have liked to have gone for the platinum.

Hi folks,

Just started playing today, and alas, Sega fail again with online; I've been running round MP maps with my team-mates, shooting at enemies, the enemies shooting back, and nobody dying. We're all just a load of bullet-sponges...it's bizarre.

Is this a common problem? The MP aside from being dead, seems to have horrendous problems too, which is a shame as I'd have liked to have gone for the platinum.

all matches need at less 6 ppl to start.

The MP does have serious lag issues. Quite a few times I've been shooting someone and they've been shooting me, pumping in more rounds than necessary and then suddenly both of us fall dead having killed each other. I've never seen that before in any game.

The MP being dead is a serious problem with Sony's PR department. I only found out about the game a couple of weeks before release by accident.

It does do good things though such as being able to kick randoms which makes boosting easier. No idle kick is very very useful for boosting. Also what I assume you are describing, when a room is not yet full enough to start, people can run around and do things rather than staring at a screen with a list of usernames and "Waiting for 1 more player...".

Don't be discouraged about the plat, boosting makes it possible. It is a long process with the 30 wins in each mode challenges but we are whittling away at them each night.

• 2 months later...

The MP is nothing special but it is really fun. I've been managing to get games with mostly Japanese players and the ping/lag isn't really evident. It's just hard to play because they're all foreign and all evidently are boosting together as well. I'm luckily I wasn't booted, as only one or two attempted to kick me to no avail.