Invasion - practice or die

Stone Cold Snake

I suggest anyone to anyone even considering do the 3 maps of Invasion, to practice and practice. Nothing is more annoying than some noob joining and picking up all the ammo or always moving about the map/not sticking to 1 of the "four corners" of map 1 for example. Know your role.

These are the things you must learn:

1. Spawn points of the enemies must be noted. This is crucial so you can kill the enemies ASAP. Look around and check on you team mate to help if needed also. I had one team mate say to me "can I just leave my ps3 idle on and you guys finish invasion!". All 4 players must stay focused.

2. Pick up ammo only when your own ammo is very low or zero. Note ammo supplies respawn every 5 rounds, actually ammo supplies increase the further you get.

3. When you reach stage 20 (15 if you need to) buy a secondary weapon and make sure it is the raow rifle sniper. The raow rifle is the best 2nd weapon for invasion.

4. Buy med packs, if you die you respawn in the next round with no med pack, no secondary weapon. This means your chosen class is important too and nano set is important too. On latter stages it is risky for your team mates to come and rescue you. Every fifth round every players "resets", here you can buy med packs again.

5. Make sure you have enough time. Roughly 3 hours is a long time, make sure to empty your bladder beforehand or have a dialysis machine hooked up. Have a drink close by, you might feel thirsty during the 50 stage run.

6. When you reach stage 40, 2 players must buy a shield. 2 main reasons for this, enemies have a target to shoot and while the enemies are shooting the shields, the shooters in your team should be sniping them. Protection for various melee-type enemies, you can attack with the shield and it deals heavy damage too.

7. Spend your money wisely.

8. NO "RAMBO" or "CHUCK NORRIS" style playing. Use cover or stand behind /next to your partner with the shield. Also I like to add, use evasion roll when moving from cover to cover.

9. Use headset or edit your quick chat setting/pre set phrase. Don't use chat function on the latter stage especially, there is a chance that you might drop out of the match, also on this point make sure there is only 4 people in the chat lobby, it is really annoying when someone comes and joins the chat lobby and says "hi/what's up, what stage stage you've reach", and you're fighting for your survival on stage 49!

10. Get your nanos machine set up right. Ideally you need med pack + and or ammo +, the rest is up to you. I haven't experimented yet with nanos for invasion, but moving with no sound could prove useful (enemies take longer to notice you) and 10% extra power but when you got 3 hour for invasion, nanos like these are unknown factors at the moment and so gamr stick to the trid and tested.

Finally practice, practice with the Japanese (preferable) or any other decent players. Watch and learn. Do not give up.

BTW I have done map 2 and 3. Today I got to stage 50 on map 1 with 2 team mates on my friends list and 4th player was a level 50 japanese player.

I'm close to finishing map 1, just need a little luck.

I hope this helps, I had to get this out of my system after so many failures.

This platinum will rank near the top for satisfaction:cool:

Please feel to comment.

Edited by Stone Cold Snake
Tidy up spelling and grammer

Lol...Sorry for going "RAMBO" earlier. I'd only played like 4 serious games before and the highest wave I'd reached was 39 because people kept disconnecting.

I'd really appreciate some tips for #2 & 3 tho. Like where to stand and if you buy the same weapons at the same waves.

Edited by Vapor_N4

No worries Vapor, you have redeem yourself at end of stage 50 map 1:)

You showed us a master class in keeping calm under extreme pressure, sniping accurately, ammo management, using the shield correctly to draw attention and surviving the terror of the big Hercules. Funny thing is my other french team mates were asking if you were any good, I said you were better than the guy who wanted to leave his PS3 idle!

Hercules caution

Here another tip before I give map 2 tips: The big Hercs with rocket launcher must been kept at distance. From my experience they have cause the biggest biggest headaches and have end my game many times. They can 1 hit kill and sometimes have wipeout the whole team in 1 hit. Extremely dangerous. Peek'a'boo shooting all way.

Also I forgot to mention earlier the big hercules robot spawn at every fifth round and they spawn near the end of the round, they will be either the machine gun or rocket launcher type.

Map 2 tips

Easier than map 1 I think due to the circular nature of the layout. There is more cover and 3 "floors" to the map. There are 4 enemy spawn points which 2 visible are directly over a bridge each. Adjacent to these visible spawn points are the other 2 spawn points. Again Heavy Gunner (LMG) with raow sniper rifle is the the best combo. 4 to 5 med packs is ideal as aswell, so for example if each player has 4 med packs on stages 45-50, then thats 16 med packs (max 20) to use on yourself or team mates but please play like have zero med packs.

I 'll keep this short and to the point:

Stage 40-50 is where it gets difficult. 2 shields are a must and as is the positioning for battle. The is a set of stairs between the lower floor and middle floor. Once positioned here, there should be a bridge to your right and one end should just be visible to your right standing on the stairs. Ideally the shield guys should be standing of the top of the stairs, falling back when necessary and the "shooters" should be stand just behind them. The shooters still need to move often and conserve ammo by swapping between the LMG and raow rifle. I hope this helps. Finally for these tips to make sense, the only way is to play, put the theory into practice.

Anyone who gets the trophy for completing all 3 invasion maps has my RESPECT. This trophy shows that you have battle for 3 hours non stop, worked as team, show commitment, guile, sheers guts, focus and survived the hell stages 40 to 50 of invasion (and gave the enemies hell too)

:respect:

I post tips for map 3 based on my experience in the next few days.

Add extra info

Wow. Just wow. This is the next best thing to the invasion tips/tricks thread. Keep up the good work stone cold snake! We survived till like round 37 on our first try in shibuya station square(i think?) and we died because of the zombies. Pretty much can't wait to try this again at level 50 wth some of my friends. Also props on the massive and helpful post, i will keep going back at this.

Also nano machines, my teamate used critical condition + i think. vital booster i think? to increase bleed out time and such.

Also snake could you give us tips on how to take care of zombies on this round? They are very agressive and take tons of damage, help would be really appreciated.

Edited by Crowquilt

Thanks Crowquilt.

Dealing with Map 1 "zombie" robots

I think the zombie robots first appear during rounds 35 to 40 along with the tall red robots with hand guns (which are actually the main threat).

The trick is to stand on the "metal storage boxes" as the zombie robots can't climb up. They will walk about the storage box and will throw their arms at you if you are close enough. Basically the zombie robot can't touch you. This is the best time to kill the tall red robot as they spawn. When there is no more reds, then you can kill the zombie robots easily standing atop of the storage boxes. Even on ground level use evasion roll get to higher ground and shoot. Sometimes you'll see the zombies hitting and dealing damage to each other by mistake. Rounds 35 to 40 should be no sweat following these tactics.

Map 3 tips

Here goes, I'm "shooting from the hip" in writing these tips, so bare with me.

Useful nanos

• med packs + 2 (optional med pack + 1)

• ammo extra

• 10% extra bullet damage

• 5% extra health

Due to the corridor nature of map 3 layout it is easier to kill enemies as most of the time they will be in your line of sight, but this map is also frustrating due to the intensity of the enemies, the golems and tall red robots will rush towards you, so be prepared to use evasion roll backwards. As with the other maps raow sniper rifle is the killer weapon of choice.

Based on my experience 3 players were heavy gunners and 1 was assault class, though all fours can be heavy gunners

stages 1 to 20

4 players is a must and must be paired up, 2 must camp of one side from the central point where the ammo boxes are placed and 2 of the opposite side. Again there are 4 robot spawn points, you can go further out to the furthest spawn points and kill the spawning enemies with little hassle.

stages 21 to 40

This is where to start to grit your teeth (read: start to drink red bull). The central corridor is where the ammo is. Okay? The 2 corridors joining this central corridor (one on each end of the central corridor). These are where you need to camp. 2 spawning points should be visible in the distance. Sit behind cover and shoot the robots as they come into view. I will expand this section later as revisit this map.

stages 40 to 50

Now for the main event. All players must camp in one corridor next to the "ammo" corridor mentioned above (no enemies should be able to get you from behind) and snipe like there is no tommorrow with the raow sniper. Only 1 shield is needed, so pick who in the team is gonna be the the shield guy. The rest of the team is needed for firepower.

Based on my experience, so its up to you guys at point, I changed to Recon class (sniper) and rest of my team stayed heavy machine gun and assault. The reasoning behind my decision to change Recon class is simple, the sniper weapon packs power and though it won't kill the enemies outright, it does enough damage s that your team mates can finish them off easily (meaning you will getting plenty of assisted kills). My 2nd weapon of course was the raow rifle. Remember to switch weapons when enemies get 2 close, in some you may need to snipe without using the scope when enemies get to close and you have no time to change weapon. Here's a trick, scope with your sniper rifle and you'll see the cross hairs in the middle, put some blue tack there, so you where know the centre/center is, voila, you can snipe without scoping! Use cover and stand behind the shield guy but beware the enemies will come only come from ahead and from the left, so you have to keep moving, if a player is "down", throw a holo grenade and then save your team mate if he can't save himself. The shield guy has an important job of distracting the enemies and protecting his team mates so be careful that you don't take too much damage or else the shield will drop and you and you team mates will be in a high pressure situation. The shooters in the team just need consistent in their shooting and slowly but surely the enemies numbers will start to whittle down. Be prepared for the Hercs with rocket launchers because there isn't a lot of space to move about so if possible take them out ASAP or else their rockets will "tear you a new hole".

Congratulations, you have graduated from school of hard knocks, now you can sleep easy at night.

Special note: I died on level 50 due to the rocket landing on my toenail. My parting gift to the sole player left was a damn raow sniper rifle (another benefit of choosing the Recon class is if you die you will drop a special weapon corresponding to your chosen class)

Redone map 3 last nignt (nighttime in UK anyway). Now all 3 team mates in last night session (vapor_n4, coremine and xcelsior89x) have map 3 crossed off their invasion list (2nd time for me). It was great fun, despite some mistake, in a rush to chat I ran out of time to buy meds or a raow on round 40! Luckily vapor had meds. 46 round started and all was ok med wise.

I'll noted some observations so it can help anyone preparing for map 3.

• Like other maps there is the 4 main spawn points, but there are other spawn points too(remember the snipers on map 1). So just be aware of snipers and monkey robots, etc. Look around.
  • Holo grenades are a bit hit or miss for the big hercs, sometimes they notice it and other times not.
  • Have a PLAN B, even the best players can get kill from grenades and the likes of. So have a back up class and try to stay alive and try to make as much impact as possible even with limited weapons. Personally if I die and respawn I choose Recon (sniper) but heavy gunner is good also.
  • Shooting the fast red robots in the legs is the best way to finish them off.
  • The are 2 weak points for the green robots with shields their feet and their shooting hand. Aim for the gun and it will count as a hit. Also btw confirmed by Coremine, shooting their gun/hand they go down quicker than shooting their feet but it is also harder to shoot their hand due to the smaller target area.
  • To buy weapons you have to kill enemies, right? And 2nd weapons are really crucial on later rounds, so that means every team mate should trying to share kills, so that everyone can afford to buy weapons later.

It was fun last night and I'm looking forward tonight. I must be crazy going through invasion again! :banana:

What time zone are you playing in? I just got the game this week and while I'm playing campaign mode, I'd like to get the online out of the way as well.

Teamed up w/2 others last night from Japan and we got to stage 18 (forgot the map name).

What time zone are you playing in? I just got the game this week and while I'm playing campaign mode, I'd like to get the online out of the way as well.

Teamed up w/2 others last night from Japan and we got to stage 18 (forgot the map name).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/binary-domain/147809-trophy-boosting-thread-invasions-partners-read-first-post-11.html

Hi syniik, I recommend you look and join the boosting thread, as this will probably my last run with the guys I'm helping currently, too many late nights and girlfriend is getting annoyed. Also I suggest you play and boost the versus matches to level up first before tackling invasion. ;)

Extra Map 2 tips

Redone map 2 on Friday night, it took 2 tries, first try we all died on round 10! (I think we were finding our bearings). Next try though we hit the jackpot and finished round 50! Again excellent team work and gunplay by Vapor_N4, Coremine and Celisiorx89x. These guys know what their doing and learn very quickly (tier one operatives!).

The later "starting" rounds such 26, 31, 36, 41, 46 can put you and your team in starting position with can quickly turn difficult, so must must be keep under control. Holo grenades can help you here, throw one at the beginning of the round, enemies should focus their attention on the the hologram, now is your chance to kill the biggest threat robots ASAP. In one particular starting round, there are tall red robots with handguns which can quickly overwhelm you. I remember round 46, the team is divided in to pairs and you have the dreaded blue boxes to deal with, your team should know by now that 2 shields are needed by now and again with the raow is king here. More the tactics used in map 2's starting rounds can be used on map 1 as well.

Also pair up in map 2 again, more often than not you will have to go round looking remaining enemies left in he round, just be careful you don't go toe to toe in a firefight, use evasion roll and cover.

Ok, my next set of tips will be how to make up with your girlfriend after boosting Binary Domain late night. Make sure you have the following nanos equipped and do this.

• plus 2 meds equipped
  • equip puppy eye nano
  • buy roses/box of chocolates and give to her.:p

spelling and grammer

Thanks for the info stone. Actually I did play some multi a few nights ago and I really dont like that sewage map...too many campers. But when I play a few others...it turned a bit.

I also joined a random team to play invasion and we got to level 44. Close but yeah.

Finished map 2 yesterday for the 2nd time and here are a few extra tips that may help

1) As mentioned by Stone cold snake two shields are required at round 41 and round 46 at the 5th round(rounds 45 and 50) the hercs show up and I had asked my other team mate to drop his shield as soon as he saw one coming towards us so instead of just having 2 players snipe and 2 players shield we have 3 people sniping which made a big difference in my opinion since two players were able to focus on the hercs and the other would either assist them or take out the surrounding robots.

Also since I was shielding I tried to bait all the robots in the area so my team mates would have an easier time taking them out

2) If you have the points to spare after purchasing all your weapons / grenades and shields I highly reccommend purchasing the Yamato-0 hand gun(note: this handgun was a gamestop exclusive in NA so not all of your team mates will have access to it)

But if you do have it then your definitely going to have an easier time taking out enemies or distracting them as it does a great deal of damage

Edited by COREMINE

Map 1 extra tips and exploit

Here is a strategy and exploit used in Map 1 of invasion

Strategy starting at round 36

Ensure you have purchased the following weapons and accessories

Shields (only 2 players will require to purchase them)

Raow Sniper rifle (all players must purchase)

Yamato-0 handgun (all players must purchase this if it is available to you)

Decoy Grenades (all players must purchase)

*Tip* Alternatively you could also purchase Chaff grenades during rounds 41-45 and 46-50 as they will turn enemies against each other when thrown into a group of them, also try to save atleast 1 grenade for rounds 45 and 50

At the start of round 36 throw one decoy grenade per person and make your way to the tower as quickly as possible,

from there you will require to have

Player 1 stays at the bottom of the tower right under the staircase and snipe or use LMG to takeout the incoming zombies

Player 2 and 3 will have the shield and stay above the stairs on the first platform(the one with the broken railing)

watching the corner and also taking out incoming zombies if incase they get past player 1.During the 5th round one person can drop there shield and assist player 1 but you must be careful as enemies can spawn behind you

Player 4 will be situated on the 2nd platform that has the wire netting on the side of the tower he will be sniping

enemies who are at a distance but also assist with enemies that are around the corner from the

tower.

*Exploit*

(Credit for this goes to thesinner666)

During the game player 4 will be able to snipe enemies through the wire netting that is attached to tower

which essentially gives him a shield against incoming fire also this is especially helpful when taking out Hercs with rocket launchers as there aim will be towards the netting on the tower and not player 4 who is standing right behind it.

Ensure to leave enough space and not crowd around player 4 since the rocket fired from the hercs can do splash damage

*Tip* Make sure to leave enough of a gap between your team mates to allow for evasive rolling incase of heavy fire or grenades that are being thrown your way

*Tip* Share your kills between each other if possible since the last 15 rounds will require 2 players shielding they will not be able to get alot of kills and inturn not buy as much equipment.

Check with your team mates to see if they have enough points to buy shields during the last 10 rounds and if not buy it for them so they can spend there points on other weapons and equipment.

Thanks to the efforts and team work from my invasion partners we were able to make it through!!!

Thanks to Stone cold Snake a.k.a Strider-cloud for his advice, tips and overall awesomeness!!! in helping me out.

Edited by COREMINE

• 2 weeks later...

Hello core, congrats on the invasion completion :). I'd like to add minor tips for future players.

Money for equips shouldn't be a problem with $ nano. Since wave 1-20 are freebies, have a class that you don't use much and slap on the level 50 money increase nano or the lower level money nano if your not @ lvl 50. At wave 20 or 25, go back to your main class. The extra $ nano is really underrated in my opinion. you can waste more special nades, medic kits etc & still have peace of mind on money management.

Money is usually not a problem though unless your partners need you to buy shields for them @ 30+ which can mess up your composure/momentum.

It's prefered to have all 4 players use the money nano at start to avoid mid-run disasters after 2 hours lol.

Edited by VeeT1

Just a note.

You CAN beat map 1 with just one shield and 3 shooters. It's crazy, but it's possible (I just did that lol, because Seok-Hwan was too low on cash and the japanese player seems to not have thought about it). It's best to have one stay away from the staircase in the area with the ammo supply and all the cover (just behind the staircase), so not all the enemies rush straight to one position.

And be prepared to kill a few snipers right at the end of map 50. 2 of my team got wiped out by those suckers (the other one got killed while there were 6-7 enemies remaining, was unlucky and we couldn't risk to rescue him) and they almost also got me (it's really a pain to play on a host with bad latency, because you got almost no time to react).

Oh and btw. I don't know if anyone told so already. But even the players that died in round 50 will get the trophy in case at least one player manages to survive.

Thanks to some unknown random japanese stranger called Y-something-something (dont have him on my "Players met" list) that was a total badass (and the host). Thanks also to Seok-Hwan. And thanks to some russian random called Improvisator.

And fuck all those newbies that quit as soon as they die. And fuck the one responsible for the game not telling players that they will revive on the next round.

---

Oh and btw. if you try it with PSN friends. DONT HAVE PSN-CHAT OPEN. I almost beat map 3 with CrazyApe and 2 other guys and the game kicked us right on round 50 with 11 enemies remaining (CrazyApe was host, he left PSN chat and disconnected as host, but wasn't shown as off-line in PSN, reconnected immediately after). We would have made it, but the game restarted round 50 with default class weapons and no shields. Instant death of course. So leave any PSN chat before you try to start invasion.

Edited by OldJimiDini

Just did map 2. With one shield again lol. It worked just fine. We even camped the spawn till round 48.

I won't do the 1 shield tactic again for map 3, because I think map 3 is really impossible with just one shield or at least super hard. :)

A good tactic is to split up between both lower areas, so that the enemies will split up as well. In round 50 this shouldn't be done though, better stay in one lower area as team, but split up into 2 teams protecting left and right, which will again split up enemies and sometimes you can even help the other team by shooting enemies in the back on the middle-level platform.

• 3 weeks later...

Just beat map 3 finally.

Half of round 49 and the full round 50 with only one shield only (again) LOL

And the previous tactic isn't that good. This time we stayed in the other corridor (the one with the spawn near the ammo and the other spawn all the way at the end) from round 40 onwards. This was so MUCH easier. We camped the spawn at the end and killed everyone asap that spawned there. This way we were only attacked from one side. Also the hercs will never spawn at the end, so it's somewhat safe. Staying near the ammo is suicide, because you get attacked from both sides and even one single mistake can lead to instant doom for the whole team. It gets really bad, when you get attacked from 2 sides by hercs with rocket launchers in rocket 50, so this other tactic is much better (especially for playing with randoms).

Luckily the other shield player didn't went rambo, also one of the japanese players had the beat all 3 maps trophy already. Again, was playing with randoms.

Edited by OldJimiDini

• 2 weeks later...

wOw, reading the recent additional tips sounds really good, hopefully these tips/tactics will help future players and will be improved on and streamlined again. Also I hope more people pick up this great game and improve chances of a sequel!

Here is some artwork taken from famitsu, enjoy:

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3974/binarydomainfamitsu.jpg

• 1 month later...

Map 3 is probably the easiest one - we didn't even use a shield from lvl45 onwards because of some miscommunication, but still got through to lvl50 easily. Having at least 3 MedPacks really helps because the whole mode becomes more forgiving. Chaff Grenades for lvl50 are also very valuable because they can take out a Herc if enough other bots are round.

So if you're having trouble finishing Shibuya, try Underground and Aggro.

• 1 year later...