"cain lives!?"

King_Ubu

A cookie if you get the title reference.

So I just finished all my story related trophies and noticed something a little odd.

The first run I did was on normal difficulty. Had more or less Big Bro, Faye in my party for the bulk of the game. It was only when I was forced to switch partners that I did.

Managed to get Big Bros, Faye and shindo's trust trophy to pop.

One thing I noticed about the final battle, Cain was absent, I assumed it was due to the events in the previous chapter.

The Second run was my survior run, I kept Cain in my party from the word go in order to get his trust trophy, also managed to pick up Charlie & Rachel's trust trophies too. Faye's trust level was also high and I had rescued Big Bro from the robot at the end.

In the final boss fight, when Faye rejoins you, Cain was also there, he was running around shooting the boss to, it made the battle a little easier since he was also acting as an additional healer. (should be noted I skipped cut scenes).

The final run was my no mercy run, this time I wasn't as bothered about the trust level so I just picked any random people. I didn't rescue Big Bro and most characters didn't have max trust.

Cain was not there again. I fought the final boss with just the original team members only.

Whats going on?

On two occasions Cain has not turned up for the final fight, but on my Survivor run he was there?

Other than the events I've listed, the only other thing I can think of are the dialogue choices with Faye in the fight before hand (with the final boss it doesn't matter). On all three occasions I spoke with Cain about his friend and picked the same dialogue choices, so I don't think it's that.

I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this? It doesn't affect any trophies (well other than game completition), but it does make the final boss fight slightly easier since the fellow characters are a bit silly on No Mercy mode and tend to die very fast.

Oh, the only other major difference that I can think of, on my survivor run, the cop had max trust in the one chapter he joins you in, theres no trophy/reward for doing this, I just wondered if it would do anything. In normal and no mercy he did not.

Edited by King_Ubu

Apparently, you need to have all your squads trusts levels (everyone except the cop) atleast 3 full levels/bars for cain to show up; everyone's trust needs to be "Very High" so it sounds like in your first playthrough you probably neglected Charlie and/or Rachel enough where their trust never reached that level

Just finished my first playthrough and got boned in that respect because rachel was the only person who i didn't get trust into the "Very High" bar (although she was criminally close to it!)

Side rant: I picked rachel and faye as my squad going into the sewage plant and then it did the switcheroo where you have to save the 2 people you didn't pick and they become your new squad (in this case charlie and bo) and from that point on I never had a chance to squad up and interact with Rachel until the very end to help boost trust. If it wasn't for that flippin twist i would have been fine...bastards /rant

btw, are you saying "Big Bro" as oppose to "Big Bo" on purpose? cuz i kind of like the way that sounds lol

Edited by hbkdx12

• 1 year later...