Rate the trophy difficulty...  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_95.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 9.26

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

I do not have the game and therefore did not vote, but in terms of tedium and grief, it would mark it for now as 10. Boost or no platinum for you. As for actual difficulty, well, I guess it would be hard to judge. But it's difficult enough getting one multi-kill, let alone 5.

• 1 month later...

This guys have something with Ultra-hard challenges. Not every gamer is hardcore, even if they wished to be hardcore sometimes the skill needed is way above the dedicated gamer.

For me Platinum difficulty has influence on my decision to get a game, because I don't want to get over stressed with something thats meant to give me fun. On certain ocassions I overlook the Difficulty because the game has already convinced me to play and buy like VanQuish but in this case it is a no-go. Played it at a friend's and I won't buy it because the game is good but nothing new and now the difficulty then it is a NO for me.

10/10 (for what I played at my friend's so it might be subjetive as I didn't aimed for completition)

P.D. Is there a way the Admins remove the usual troll that votes 1 on every single game? In this case there is no doubt it is a troll. Games that vary from 3-7 isn't a sure thing but here...

Edited by erdvilla

I've finally got the shiny platinum trophy!

Thanks to all the players that help me get it. Cool, there are some real good boosters out there.

I rate this a 7.5 to 8. This rating is based on my experience with the game, but I can imagine without boosting this will be higher. The single player campaign is relatively easy, even on No Mercy difficulty, you just have to upgrade your weapons and use shield for protection and melee attacks. If you have Platinum trophy for Resident Evil 5, then this should be straight forward for anyone considering getting this.

The online is where you will spend most of your time though. Boosting is easy, just take turns boosting each match to get wins, manage your time and check you got x amount of kills with each weapon. Not every challenge was boosted though, I just joined real Japanese matches that were in progress and in quick time you will have enough wins. FFA matches will take the longest though to boost.

Invasion match is no doubt the hardest part to do in attaining platinum and to be specific the last 10 rounds of the 3 maps are the hardest, but just learn the maps and have reasonable good players on your team and voila! Platinum is yours.

Edited by Stone Cold Snake

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well.. what to say? I guess that if you're reading this, you already know that singleplayer is fun (and very good) and multiplayer is hell on earth.

The MP takes roughly 80-100 hours to complete (if boosted), but you'll probably be idle some of that time. The difficulty of mp comes from Invasion, which needs you and your 3 buddies to work as a team efficiently and without too many mistakes. That's why I'm giving the game an 8.

• 2 weeks later...

gave it a 8.

Online is where u put all your time for this game.

Challenge master which u have to complete alot of challenges and the only way to do it is by boosting. Its impossible without boosting. Usually i don´t take in count for time u boosted. But u need to be 6 players and it has to be in ranked matches where people can just join and mess up everything for u. Even with boosting it will take u minimum 75 hours.

Then u have Invasion which is pretty intense. Need good team work to beat them and 1 map takes 2 hours.

Edited by DPatriot

• 1 year later...

Gets a 10 from me.

Obviously, the online is the hard part. Boosting will take you around 100-120 hrs not counting INVASION time.

Plus playing on No Mercy is manageable, but there are some tough spots due to poor gameplay design. Tsar Runner, Hoster Battle, etc can be very frustrating.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I gave 10, because of the trophy where you have to clear all the challenges. Specially the challenge where you have to get 5 multikills. This is impossible. I have almost 150 hours of online, i play since the game was released and i saw a multi kill hapenning just one time, when a JP player used a rocket launcher in 4 people. I don't know what the F*** they were thinking when they created this.

I am talking about a situation where you are not boosting. If you are boosting, i think is an easy game to reach the PT. It takes a lot of time, but it is not hard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

7: Invasion is what made me vote a 7 for this game. You really need to be good and have 3 other good players to beat invasion on every map. The game is automatically a 10 if you try to do the online trophies legit, but it'll be impossible to play legit since not a lot of people are playing on the other modes except team deathmatch and free for all.

Single campaign is too easy and you will pass it quickly if you can beat invasion. No Mercy mode was actually a joke to me.

So I say a 7 due to invasion being hard and needing good players for it, having to boost for more than 24 hours straight, and basically the whole online trophies is just time consuming. You'll be spending over 100 hours just with the online trophies and that's with boosting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The plat depends on your team. Boosting is an obvious must for *some* challenges but most can be gotten legit with ease by just playing. Boosting is obviously faster.

The only real factor with this game is invasion mode which you can easily do if you have a pro team/player (godlike randoms as I call them). Me, Prince and CompSci cleared all invasion maps on our first try thanks to a friend who had cleared the maps over 50 times and they really played a factor in the later waves of each map. So overall this play wasn't anything overly challenging.

Probably worth a 5/10 if you have the right set up.

If you are trying to do it with people fresh at the game (AKA other trophy hunters) and boosting with a full group of people it's probably more like an 8 or 9 out of 10.

• 1 year later...

I've voted 6/10 solely because of Invasion mode, but that's only because I failed Shibuya Station Square once when there were 4 enemies left, ammo was quite scarce. The day after that sad failure, I added a pro who helped me and my 2 other friends get the invasion maps done on the first try, without him this platinum would have easily been 9/10 difficulty. No Mercy difficulty was actually very easy, I only failed a few times there, it was actually easier for me than Survivor difficulty, probably because I equipped a better nano-machine to take the place of Trust Enhance that I was using on Survivor, which was completely useless because I got none of the trust related trophies in my first playthrough :mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted a ten. The invasion stages require very good teammates, communication, and skill. I was lucky to have a good group when I platinum'd this a few years ago.

The real test, and why I voted this a ten, is finishing the multiplayer challenges. You will have no way to earn this without boosting and good luck coordinating enough people to make two teams in order to play.

Once that step is done, the grind is really freaking painful. The repetition, taking turns, the amount of time you will spend on this; I've never felt like I was losing my mind playing a game until I had to endure this. It is mental torture.