First glimpse of gameplay footage...

MazManZero

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v9pt8obwsE]YouTube - Binary Domain: The Machine Age Has Begun[/ame]

The video was on Kotaku. A short explination is also on the Kotaku post here:

Kotaku - Binary Domain is a Prophetic Vision of the Robot Apocalypse

All I can say is, I'm really interested in this. The trailer/gameplay footage looks good too. Not to mention the Yakuza team are behind the development of this game. :)

[updated: 29th of April 2011]: The game reminds me of Gears of War/Vanquish in some way (the whole kind of war based 3rd person shooter), but since there's still very little info/gameplay footage shown, I'm still keeping my interest in Binary Domain.

Edited by MazManZero

• 1 month later...

Yup, it is indeed the same trailer that's in the PSN store which I mentioned to you. Quite the departure for Team Yakuza, and I really can't wait for it. And I really like the music in the trailer, too - it almost sounds like something early Mono could have recorded.

On an unrelated note: no more dancing, singing Majima? I'm not sure that a duck in a viking helmet is the same level of epic...:p

Ah it was the same, nice. Really hoping for more info on this game soon. I still hold high interest to the game and any new info would keep me happy (just hoping any new info on it shows good signs on the game, I feel it has potential to be a good shooter). Hoping the storyline will be good also. I really like the stories in the Yakuza games, and hope they can spark that same feel with this game. The song got me curious on who the band was (65daysofstatic. They sound really interesting). :3

*big sigh* I tried to make helmet duck as epic as possible, but I don't think anything can be as epic as the karaoke Majima avatar I had. D: Sure, the duck's easy on the eyes (the sexy beast) ;) But Majima's in a league of his own. :(

And I really like the music in the trailer, too - it almost sounds like something early Mono could have recorded.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewc93oFXMxc]YouTube - ‪65 Days Of Static - Aren't We All Running‬‏[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...

I've watched the uploaded trailer from psn(Just now) and the first few seconds of gameplay have reminded me of vanquish cover system. Especially the one where the character lies down in cover. I really have high hopes for this game, after mazman told me about this :p This is on my wish list and probably a first day buy for me. I really hope it'll be longer aswell as yakuza games are indeed a blast to watch/play at the same time, i hope this one leaves the same impression on a different project.

• 2 months later...

i played a demo of this today and it was a lot of fun. there are some great physics at work with bits of robot flying off everywhere and then circuits are exposed which you can shoot. e.g. you can shoot off the armor around the legs and then shoot the power cells to cripple them.

the boss in the demo was this massive robot spider and i mean massive.

i have high hopes for this now

• 2 weeks later...

This game looks sick!!!! The Ghost in the Shell game that should have happened ages ago but could have only happened with today's technology!

Dare I say it, looks better on the eyes and looks more entertaining gameplay than even Deus Ex.

Yakuza team assures me that we won't be getting a bland story here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceTpSrIBNC0]Binary Domain 'Bigger than you Think' - YouTube[/ame]

It looks pretty intriguing, it reminds me of Terminator in comparison to how similar the robots are but the rest of the game looks entirely different though I'm not going to go with my instinct straight away and buy it. I'll wait to see people's opinions of the game and play the demo.

I'm really looking forward to this game as I'm a big fan of Sega and Vanquish.

I have recently been looking on Youtube for previews for Binary Domain and found this which is really interesting!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-A9VMz6710]Gameplay Demo - Binary Domain - YouTube[/ame]

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/psn/375137/0/1.pngPSN Gamercards

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh i think there is demos available in JP now and theres some gameplay from them on youtube just up within the past couple of days or so. It actually looks pretty slick i was pleasntly surprised, im sure if they have that down well the other aspects of the game will all be spot on too from this team, looking forward to this game now..