VooFoo Studios answers about "King of the skies" trophy and the new patch

Pralaya

EDIT: I discovered that what VooFoo Studios told me about "King of the skies" trophy and the new patch it's false; check subsequent posts.

Hello.

I have emailed VooFoo Studios, developer of Big Sky Infinity, with some question about the game.

One of these was relevant to "King of the skies" and the new patch.

Here is my question:

The first [request] is releted to "King of the skies" trophy and the new "thank you patch".

The trophy description says "Classic Mode - Defeat all bosses in one round!" however with the new patch the bosses are now 7 instead of 4.

Does it mean we have to kill all of them or still the original ones?

This is the answer:

King of the Skies now only requires you to defeat any 4 bosses. We must have forgotten to update the trophy description. Thanks for pointing it out. We'll fix that should we patch the game again in the future.
So as you can see you may play the game trying to unlock "King of the sky" even with the new patch installed.

The only problem is that with the new patch you rank-up very fast, making the game more difficult at fast pace.

Am I correct?

On the other hand you may find the bosses more easly, because they are more.

What do you think about?

I believe if we want to fix this "King of the skies" problem, we must contact VooFoo Studios asking for a patch that makes it easier, humanly achievable.

These are their contacts:

Edited by Pralaya

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine killed 4 bosses (3 old and 1 new) and he didn't get the trophy. I think they've to patch this again...

I'm trying to play without the patch.

I'm sorry I only reported what they told me.

Futhermore I say, after several attemps, that trying to achieve "King of the skies" with the new patch is more difficult because there are more (difficult) events, so the bosses appear less and it's more hard to survive.

I haven't noticed any difficulty changes while going from second to last rank...

This is an important information. Thank you.

So the difficulty increases upgrading the ship, but how about the "adaptability" of the game that becomes more hard as you play better? Is it false?

Also, does a match become harder as you go further in the round?

This is an important information. Thank you.

So the difficulty increases upgrading the ship, but how about the "adaptability" of the game that becomes more hard as you play better? Is it false?

Also, does a match become harder as you go further in the round?

All is true. Ship upgrades, pwning the mobs and going further - all increases the game difficulty. I saw some tips for KOTS-trophy where people recommended just to avoid the mobs to keep as low difficulty as possible.

Hello.

I can confirm that what VooFoo Studios told me is false, or the trophy is now glitched.

Playing with the new patch installed I defeated 5 bosses in "Classic Mode", 4 of them were different (3 old, 1 new) and the trophy did not unlock.

I can't take this anymore. I obtained this game when it released in December 2012.

It was my mission to obtain 100%, and possibly even first to finish it!

However!

"King of the Skies" trophy was the biggest roadblock trophy I have ever encountered in my life, and I have done 10 out of 10 difficulty games before!

But I kept trying.

I kept trying, over and over and over for literally weeks.

This game...it was made by amateurs. This is why non-Japanese developers should not bother making shoot-em-up style games. It is a sloppy luck based mess.

So then, I have to perfect work that is not even near perfected?

I accepted that and swore I would never play a Western indie piece of shit ever again that made you do perfect playing in their sloppy indie mess.

I accepted it and kept trying. Entire days. I would wake up, and start up Big Sky Infinity.

Over and over. Days down the drain. No progress. Usually if you sit with something you will make progress towards something. But not here. Sitting down for 15 hours a day with Big Sky Infinity was not amounting to anything. Absolutely nothing.

I deleted my data hundreds of times and re-upgraded certain stats each time. Sometimes 100% Radio Shield, sometimes 50% Radio/Orbital, sometimes nothing, sometimes a mixture, sometimes maxed everything.

Nothing worked.

I got so close so many times. Only to be screwed by the luck-based piece of shit game that literally makes you die. "Reply value", the dumb fuck reviewers and commenters who don't give two fucking shits about completing games would say to make the developers ignore any issues with their game.

I got so close, many times killing 6 bosses and 4 would be the fucking same. Many times not even being able to get up to a 4th boss because the "you must die now and no skill can help you avoid that" stupid sloppy game mechanic kills you off. Fuck that fucking shit.

So I put the game down for a few months. Now it is March 2013, almost April. I now see there is a new patch, that possibly corrects this mess of a game, the developers admitting their little indie mess shouldn't be perfected upon. Kind of like other indie messes that make you perfect, like Retro Grade. "Perfect MY masterpiece", the stuck up indie developers would say.

Now it is March 2013. There is a patch. I looked at the 100% Club on trophy sites. It looks like one of the original tryhards with this game has obtained 100%. He was the only one for a few weeks. Now I check back and 6 people have done the game 100% this recent week.

So the patch must have fixed this and people are finally able to redeem their 100% I thought.

But I check here and I read the opposite.

So how in the world did these people obtain 100% all suddenly, dates that coincide with the patch?

Maybe it did make it easier and we are missing something?

Please let me put this game out of it's misery and complete it!

Edited by I Hate Big Sky Infinity

If we are indeed correct and VooFoo Studios have messed up the patch, their goal being to make King of Skies not nearly impossible, then we must contact them again and again until a new small patch is put out to correct their mistake!

Contact them again and again! VooFoo Studios! Contact them! Their email, their Twitter, their everything. Tell them this is not acceptable and they messed up their patch...and they need to do a new one.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::2walls:

:2walls::2walls::2walls::wall::wall::wall::wall: :scared::scared::scared:

If we are indeed correct and VooFoo Studios have messed up the patch, their goal being to make King of Skies not nearly impossible, then we must contact them again and again until a new small patch is put out to correct their mistake!
Nobody ever said that their goal was to make that trophy easier. Have you even read patch description?

Contact them again and again! VooFoo Studios! Contact them! Their email, their Twitter, their everything. Tell them this is not acceptable and they messed up their patch...and they need to do a new one.
You don't have email, twitter or what? Edited by vivan

So then if the patch doesn't help for "King of the Skies" then how did this happen just recently?:

PS3 version:

http://www.abload.de/img/bigskyps3txe38.png

Vita version:

http://www.abload.de/img/bigskyvitapqdze.png

Most of them just got King of the Skies post-patch. So maybe it helps and we don't know yet? I am probably wrong though and the patch only helps for Tolkienesque and that's why they all got it recently?:mad:

Nobody ever said that their goal was to make that trophy easier. Have you even read patch description?

Um, except the developers said this (if you read the first post of this thread carefully):

King of the Skies now only requires you to defeat any 4 bosses. We must have forgotten to update the trophy description. Thanks for pointing it out. We'll fix that should we patch the game again in the future.

...AND THE TROPHY DOES NOT UNLOCK UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS.

PATCH IS BROKEN.

You don't have email, twitter or what?

I do, but one person is not enough to make developers do anything. We need to all contact them as a voice. Even the ones lurking here, tell them they messed up the patch.

My advice to you, vivan, is to leave this thread and forum. You are biased because you already got 100% and are one of the lucky few among tens of thousands who played this game to get "King of the Skies". All I see you posting about is passive aggressive stealth brag comments "DURR IT EAZY (CUZ I GOT LUCKY HEHE)". GO AWAY if you aren't going to help us get them to fix this broken patch. And if you're so bored that you're posting here, go try and beat 4 different (original, pre-patch) bosses again. Go try it, I dare you.

We don't need to hear your shit. There's others like me who poured 100 or more or hundreds of hours into this crap already and want it fixed already.

Looks like I only looked at a few of the people and saw they got "King of the Skies" in March. But that doesn't change the fact that VooFoo Studios stated that the patch changes requirements to "any 4 bosses", which was tested and doesn't unlock the trophy.

There needs to be a new patch that does unlock the trophy under those conditions.

I can't take this anymore. I obtained this game when it released in December 2012.

It was my mission to obtain 100%, and possibly even first to finish it!

However!

"King of the Skies" trophy was the biggest roadblock trophy I have ever encountered in my life, and I have done 10 out of 10 difficulty games before!

But I kept trying.

I kept trying, over and over and over for literally weeks.

This game...it was made by amateurs. This is why non-Japanese developers should not bother making shoot-em-up style games. It is a sloppy luck based mess.

So then, I have to perfect work that is not even near perfected?

I accepted that and swore I would never play a Western indie piece of shit ever again that made you do perfect playing in their sloppy indie mess.

I accepted it and kept trying. Entire days. I would wake up, and start up Big Sky Infinity.

Over and over. Days down the drain. No progress. Usually if you sit with something you will make progress towards something. But not here. Sitting down for 15 hours a day with Big Sky Infinity was not amounting to anything. Absolutely nothing.

I deleted my data hundreds of times and re-upgraded certain stats each time. Sometimes 100% Radio Shield, sometimes 50% Radio/Orbital, sometimes nothing, sometimes a mixture, sometimes maxed everything.

Nothing worked.

I got so close so many times. Only to be screwed by the luck-based piece of shit game that literally makes you die. "Reply value", the dumb fuck reviewers and commenters who don't give two fucking shits about completing games would say to make the developers ignore any issues with their game.

I got so close, many times killing 6 bosses and 4 would be the fucking same. Many times not even being able to get up to a 4th boss because the "you must die now and no skill can help you avoid that" stupid sloppy game mechanic kills you off. Fuck that fucking shit.

So I put the game down for a few months. Now it is March 2013, almost April. I now see there is a new patch, that possibly corrects this mess of a game, the developers admitting their little indie mess shouldn't be perfected upon. Kind of like other indie messes that make you perfect, like Retro Grade. "Perfect MY masterpiece", the stuck up indie developers would say.

Now it is March 2013. There is a patch. I looked at the 100% Club on trophy sites. It looks like one of the original tryhards with this game has obtained 100%. He was the only one for a few weeks. Now I check back and 6 people have done the game 100% this recent week.

So the patch must have fixed this and people are finally able to redeem their 100% I thought.

But I check here and I read the opposite.

So how in the world did these people obtain 100% all suddenly, dates that coincide with the patch?

Maybe it did make it easier and we are missing something?

Please let me put this game out of it's misery and complete it!

I totally understand you, and support your outburst.

I have already mailed VooFoo Studios bringing evidences that their previous statement is false or this trophy is now glitched.

I asked for a patch, if possible, making "King of the skies" humanily possible.

I totally understand you, and support your outburst.

I have already mailed VooFoo Studios bringing evidences that their previous statement is false or this trophy is now glitched.

I asked for a patch, if possible, making "King of the skies" humanily possible.

Thanks! My friend, we will prevail over this trophy once and for all if we get the fixed patch to happen!

Personally I didn't even care if "Tolkienesque" was fixed. I would gladly leave my game on aimlessly for hundreds of hours to get it. Now we see people redeeming the 100% who were not willing to look into putting time into "Tolkienesque" but happened to get very lucky for "King of the Skies". While this 100% is very exclusive still, it'd be even more if the developers didn't give in to "Tolkienesque" complainers. Yes, make that easier but not fix "King of the Skies" (FACEPALM).

But those were the lucky few. No matter how much you try and play for "King of the Skies", you are not guarenteed to get it. There is no such thing as practicing and getting gradually more skilled here, because it doesn't require only skill, but massive luck mixed with skill. And that's the issue.

We need to tell them exactly, that the patch that was supposed to make "King of the Skies" unlock after any 4 boss kills does not unlock the trophy.

If we aren't clear they might not know what the issue is.

Here is their contact details everyone!:

If they fix I just might change my username to "I Love Big Sky Infinity" to make VooFoo Studios feel better.

Pralaya, can you edit in VooFoo Studios contact details (as you see in my previous post, their Email, Twitter, Facebook) to the first post?

Done.

Let's see what will happen.

Also we should leave messages in their forum, but actually I don't want to create an account that I will never use again; however if this could help...

Done.

Let's see what will happen.

Also we should leave messages in their forum, but actually I don't want to create an account that I will never use again; however if this could help...

Thanks. Hopefully a lot of people message them about this on their various contact areas.

The forum sounds like another good idea.

Here is feedback forum for the game:

View forum - Feedback, Suggestions & Bugs

Maybe also add that to first post.

I really cant understand how people play hundreds hours in this game with 1-button control. I`ll become crazy if I`ll try to do this)

I like twin-sticks shooters, like this, and even the 1 button drill/vortex I think it's clever and well implemented.

Usually I prefer simple controls, I get less stressed and can enjoy better what happens on screen.

I'm going 2 try and play this game for the hell of being difficult ^.^ is that the only glitch trophy? I hope they fix the patch if what you guys are saying true :C

It is hard to agree on the difficulty of "Big Sky Infinity", being an endless, "random" generated game.

The majorty of us agree that "King of the skies" trophy is uber infamous to unlock, and impossible to get with the new patch.

Also I would like to point out that the game becomes more difficult as you decide to improve your ship in "Classic Mode", becoming almost unplayable; this leads to a serious inconsistency of the leaderboard because it's not clear how a player achieve a certain score.

Also, with the other game modes, at the beginning, depending on your luck, you may upgrade your ship up to 3 ways, making again leaderboards unreliable.

But I guess this is the nature of all this kind of games.