King of the Skies in 30 minutes

Joeltron3030

This trophy is actually quite easy if you set yourself up right. You will probably want to play the game normally at first and earn all the other trophies first, to get the hang of it. Then if you still don't have King of the Skies here is how you do it. If you are using the Vita, delete the game to erase your data. Then re-download it and cancel the patch. Start a new game and don't spend those starbits! Buy only one or two slots of the Orbital upgrade, just so you have it. Then buy as little of the Radio Shield as you can handle! I bought about 1/5 of the total Radio Shield upgrades, so you don't really need much. Now play classic and avoid as many enemies and upgrades as you can. Only kill enemies you have to (mostly during the fast parts after bosses). Enjoy your shiny new gold trophy! You can then download the patch, cross save, and enjoy 2 shiny new gold trophies if you have both versions! :applause:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try tonight, I only miss that.

I must be very unlucky, all I get is billions of planets, laser planets, dust clouds etc... Before getting any boss. I hardly beat more than 3 bosses because there's ultimately a phase where the screen becomes negative and every enemy shoot lasers or they explode in indestructible balls.

Plus the fact I get bosses twice most of the time... :/

Edited by GastNDorf

I'm unlucky too. I've managed to kill 5 bosses, but 3 were the same...

@GastNDorf there's two different negative screens:

-Negative black&white: All enemies start to fire lasers at you. I've found that the best option is to kill them asap...

-Negative green: When you kill an enemy it explodes. Well, don't kill any enemy, just try to dodge them.

There're more negative screens. I found one like blue and all the enemies where indestructible, but I think this one only pops in advanced levels.

King of the Skies in 30 minutes

:applause: nice trolling

I gave a 10/10 difficulty rating for this game based upon this trophy alone and I stand on my position

There is really no difficulty in this game. Its only pure luck, no skill. So how it can be 10/10? Max what I can give for this games is 3/10. Just very time consuming, thats all.

Edited by mike1m

There is really no difficulty in this game. Its only pure luck, no skill. So how it can be 10/10? Max what I can give for this games is 3/10. Just very time consuming, thats all.

I disagree.

You need luck, sure, to get 4 different bosses in a row, without many events between them, but you need amazing skills to survive until you defeat the last boss needed.

Try to survive the high-speed events, with all that freezing shit, or the "bullet-time" negative event with tons of missiles fired against you.

And above all, your 2 shields upgraded to a minimum.

I'm not a skilled player, but the fact alone that since almost 25 hours I'm trying to unlock this trophy, make this game very hard, from every point of view; how else would like to call it?

This trophy is not grinding, because you do no progress at all, you could possibly don't even get it, never.

I repeat: 10/10 difficulty rating. This is my opinion.

Try to survive the high-speed events, with all that freezing shit, or the "bullet-time" negative event with tons of missiles fired against you.

And above all, your 2 shields upgraded to a minimum.

I've got this trophy with all upgrades maxed and it wasn't really hard.

I'm not a skilled player, but the fact alone that since almost 25 hours I'm trying to unlock this trophy, make this game very hard, from every point of view; how else would like to call it?

This trophy is not grinding, because you do no progress at all, you could possibly don't even get it, never.

Just delete the game and start over (I've done this 7 times before got trophy, when was experementing with difficulty vs upgrades).

Game (which is advertised as random) is ridiculously repeatable. I've noticed that I got exact the same patern when playing (when I got trophy it was like boss - black hole - boss - boss - (wormhole) - boss - black hole - black hole - boss - black hole...) over and over again. I think upgrading changes this pattern.

P.s. after patch once I got "black hole -> inversed colors for 5 secs -> black hole..." repeating over and over again (I think it repeated for ~20 times before I died).

I'm thinking to give up, I'm despondent.

I have surpassed 30 hours trying to get it.

At the moment I have the 2 shields maxed out, and the game is difficult, usually I die after the 1st boss, if one appears...

I'm not sure but it seems upgrading your ship (rising difficulty) makes bosses spawn less.

Edited by Pralaya

I'm thinking to give up, I'm despondent.

I have surpassed 30 hours trying to get it.

At the moment I have the 2 shields maxed out, and the game is difficult, usually I die after the 1st boss, if one appears...

I'm not sure but it seems upgrading your ship (rising difficulty) makes bosses spawn less.

Of course it does, I only have like half of the shield bar and I manage to face 4 or 5 bosses. The shame is that you have to beat 4 different... :(

P.s. after patch once I got "black hole -> inversed colors for 5 secs -> black hole..." repeating over and over again (I think it repeated for ~20 times before I died).

I also agree that new patch made the game really boring. It's just a black hole after a black hole...

Ok, thank you.

I also have a non-english version of the game (I'm italian) but I understood.

I think I will also go for Radio Shield. Damn, this trophy is rather annoying. I hope there will be some new patch fixing it and making it more obtainable.

I think I will also go for Radio Shield. Damn, this trophy is rather annoying. I hope there will be some new patch fixing it and making it more obtainable.

This trophy it's almost impossible to get, I have surpassed 30 hours trying to unlock it, with several upgrade experimentations, with and without patch.

Even if you luclky get 1 chance in a thousand to have 4 different bosses in a row, you must survive until the last one is destroyed... and I fear I'm not skilled enough.

Haha I wasnt trying to troll! I spent a lot of time on this game pre-patch, and never saw all 4 bosses in one round. But once I deleted my data and started over, and upgraded very little, I got the trophy in 28 minutes!

If you are having trouble during the fast parts, use your Vortex. Then you can just smash through enemies. You will only have to worry about asteroids and bullets, and those damn freezing enemies.

Could someone please put a light on this issue and provide some tips on the best way to achieve this trophy ? It's the only one I'm missing, I've tried to delete the save game, and play with and without the patch installed and I can't seem to get to the third boss, let alone the 4th :(

Any tip would be nice. :)

Thanks in advance.

Could someone please put a light on this issue and provide some tips on the best way to achieve this trophy ? It's the only one I'm missing, I've tried to delete the save game, and play with and without the patch installed and I can't seem to get to the third boss, let alone the 4th :(

Any tip would be nice. :)

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the pain, fellow player.

There is another topic about "King of the skies" trophy you should read carefully:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/big-sky-infinity/192577-voofoo-studios-answers-about-king-skies-trophy-new-patch.html

The only adivice I can give you, and they could be wrong mind you, is to use your vortex attack after each boss, as soon as the high-speed section begins; keep it as long as you can.

Be wise when you enter into a worm-hole because you may stretch your distance until the next boss.

Keep your score and multiplier as low as possible, also when drilling planets, do not gather power-ups, because they could rise the difficulty level.

I also consider the new patch easier for this trophy, because you should only need to defeat 4 different bosses among the 7 available. Futhermore there are more events in this patch, that are easier than the old ones, therefore making less probable the apparition of the negative bullet-hell event or when every enemy killed explodes in deadly bullets. Unfortunatelly "King of the skies" with the new patch seems glitched, I have personally defeated 5 bosses (3 old, 1 new) without unlocking it.

Finally it is mandatory to upgrade your ship to a minimum: I suggest 1/3 Radio Shield and Obital Shield just once.

Edited by Pralaya

Hi Pralaya,

I will try your tips, which are very valuable and helpful :D

I'll let you know how it went.

Regards

You are welcome.

Sorry if I did not use the correct terminology, as shown in the game Library, but my game is in italian, so I translated as best as I could, often with periphrasis.

• 2 weeks later...