Rank vs score

vivan

There're 10 ranks that you need to get to open 100% library and get Tolkienesque trophie.

You can see your rank, level and score on the stats screen. Rank & level seem to depend on score.

First rank have 10 levels, second - 20... ninth - 90.

Spreadsheet with ranks ~ score are on googledocs, anyone can edit it: link. Please check your rank, level and score and add them there...

Thanks to LoAlexandria:

You need ~600 hours to get ~39600 score to get all ranks. How to grind score.

UPD: with patch (1.02, out yesterday) you get 100x more score for same time, meaning you 100x less time required for getting all ranks.

Edited by vivan

Bad news i'm afraid, i'm Hedgehog lv14 at the moment desperately trying to unlock (insert animal name here) rank. I think the first rank has 10 levels and I'm hoping then it's 15 levels to the next rank. For a bronze trophy this is turning into an ill conceived grindathontastic nightmare. The game is good but seriously!.......? I have a backlog of retail games with platinum trophies to be had and this bronze trophy is looking like a 100+ hours and I don't think I can stand it for that long.

Hmm may be for receiving new ranks you need to beat others modes. In statistics modes have their own score and distance. May be if you make full this gauge you ll gain another rank? I will not play this game anymore, so someone can check this.

Edited by mike1m

May be if you make full this gauge you ll gain another rank?
It shows hom much you've done compared to others... And it doesn't affect rank.

E.g. I've deleted the game, installed it, played 10 minutes and now have rank grasshopper 3 with score 50. On "score and distance" screen there're zeros everywhere. Than I went to scores form main menu, game downloaded my scores from scoreboard and now I have them on "score and distance" screen. Rank and level haven't changed at all.

maybe you rank through the amount of time you invest into the game.

Ignore my post above time has nothing to do with you'r rank progression.

I started a new game on BOSS RUSH as hedgehog 9 score874 time 4H40M23S

I hovered around the firewall boss for 10minutes without shooting or scoring any pionts i also didn't collect any starbits. When i destroyed my ship and went back to the score board i still had a rank score of 874 and a time of

4H50M47S, so i think its safe to say that time has nothing to do with rank progression.

if you have 3 controllers, rubberbanding works...

one shoots straight, one 40 degrees up and one 40 degrees down.

only nets like 120 per hour i think, but after a while you´ll get there i guess.

While it can work, as I said, you still have to be aware of the bosses that can pop up. For example, the round crater boss that you have to drill to reach the middle. If you die then you respawn on the outer shell, thus you'll simply keep crashing into the edge/respawn/crash/respawn.

While it can work, as I said, you still have to be aware of the bosses that can pop up. For example, the round crater boss that you have to drill to reach the middle. If you die then you respawn on the outer shell, thus you'll simply keep crashing into the edge/respawn/crash/respawn.

Good Point...also the one with the turbine-kind-things to the left probably causes problems as he only dies if you destroy all of that turbines :confused:

been rubberbanding it like my neighbour suggested for the last 6 hours.

works perfectly!

the bosses all die pretty fast exept for the guy with the shell, he takes quite a while.

but eventually he dies, so though it's not a great way of getting there, you will get there eventually...

Good Point...also the one with the turbine-kind-things to the left probably causes problems as he only dies if you destroy all of that turbines :confused:

I think we could use a Turbo Contoller and TWO rubberbands for this NOT in peaceful mode. Rubberbands help shooting and getting to the right side of the screen all the time and the turbo controller spams the X button. If you place the ship on the right side you will die at every boss but the spamming X will lead you through the menu and starts a new game without worrying about it. My turbo controller is not so fast so there is enough time to shoot between the drilling.

been rubberbanding it like my neighbour suggested for the last 6 hours.

works perfectly!

the bosses all die pretty fast exept for the guy with the shell, he takes quite a while.

but eventually he dies, so though it's not a great way of getting there, you will get there eventually...

Wow, thats great news!

So what did you do:

- peaceful mode?

- 3 gamepads, 1 shooting horizontal, 1 45° up, 1 45° down?

- left stick tied to the right or left or not tied at all?

- right stick tied in the above mentioned directions i guess?

Is there anything more important to know?

Many thanks in advance!! :applause:

Wow, thats great news!

So what did you do:

- peaceful mode?

- 3 gamepads, 1 shooting horizontal, 1 45° up, 1 45° down?

- left stick tied to the right or left or not tied at all?

- right stick tied in the above mentioned directions i guess?

Is there anything more important to know?

Many thanks in advance!! :applause:

nothing with the left stick, your ships have to be in the middle of the left hand side of the screen. they spawn there when you die, so no moving needed.

shooting like you said.

been doing it for almost 2 days now, and i have 2900 points i think.

stopping now for a month cause of exams, student life isn't always awesome...