Two joypads?

BrakoV5

Hi Everyone,

I was just about to start this game up when I noticed that in the trophy guide it mentions you need two joypads or an Iphone.

I have a second joypad from a 3rd party company and so it has no 6-axis feature (just a weird aircon system for your hands lol). Because I'm super awesome, I do not own a smart phone/android/Iphone.

Does this game require two joypads to platinum the game? If so can I do it with my 6-axis-less joypad.

I've not looked at the trophy guide as I don't want any spoilers if I'm going to play this game. But this info would be appreciated.

Edited by BrakoV5

You should, according to the details in the guide (no spoilers here) :

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1585/F01.jpg Together Till the End (G)(H)

Finished the game in Duo mode.

New Game: Start a new game to ensure this trophy unlocks

This is a co-op trophy where you'll to beat the entire game in Duo Mode. The second player can choose to play the game by using another wireless controller, or with an iphone or Android mobile device in touch mode. Using a fight stick, fightpad, or a navigation (move) controller will also work as long as you keep reassigning the 1st controller. Every time you load the game from continue, you'll want to make sure that Duo mode is still active. Do not choose to go for this trophy in chapter select or you will be devastated to find that you've wasted 10 hours of your time. There have been many reports that chapter select doesn't unlock the trophy. Since you have to complete the entire game again in Duo mode anyway; you might as well start a New Game and finish any other trophies that you're still missing as a 2nd playthrough.

BEYOND Touch App: All you’ll need is for your PlayStation 3 system to be on the same WiFi network as your iphone or Android device and you’ll be ready to play the game with touch controls - Apple iPhone/iPad App or Android App

Now, to all those who don't have a 2nd controller of any kind. You'll be glad to know that you can trick the game into thinking you're playing in Duo Mode with 2 controllers when you're really just playing with 1. Follow these steps below:

1. At the main menu go into Game Mode, select Duo settings, and press :cross: to confirm.
  2. Hold :ps:, select Controller Settings, reassign the controller 1 into 2, press :cross: to confirm and back out by pressing :ps:. Now select Aiden and press :cross: to confirm.
  3. Hold :ps:, select Controller Settings, reassign the controller 2 into 1, press :cross: to confirm and back out by pressing :ps:. Now select Jodie and press :cross: to confirm.
  4. Start a new game.
  5. When you start a new game you may or may not be prompted to return to the main menu (due to no 2nd controller). If you're prompted then press :circle: and return back to the main menu. Then reassign the controllers over again and continue the game. Sometimes, you might lose control of Aiden and he's just floating in the air. If so, you'll need to back out to the main menu and reassign the controllers to re-enable playing as Aiden with one controller, then continue the game.

To check if this worked or not. You should have two difficulty settings for both Jodie and Aiden which is only possible when playing in Duo mode. To check this, go into Options from the :start: menu and Difficulty. It should read that both Jodie and Aiden are playing on "I play video games often". This is a sign that your game is in Duo Mode despite the fact you're playing with only one controller. The duo mode trophies should unlock as normal. If you take a break or continue the story later on always make sure to check your difficultly settings to see if you have two or not. If you have one, then you had reverted back to Solo mode which you don't want happening.

In case it wouldn't work but it should - I can't remember for sure but I'm pretty confident that only one character needs the Sixaxis features - you can also play with one controller only. ;)

Edited by Alex Fly

But if I don't want to risk screwing that exploit yp halfway through, can my 3rd party joypad with 6-axis work properly on this game. Or does the game feature all that tilt and shake crap that only a 6-axis detects?

I only found out it never had 6-axis when I played Dead Space Extraction and couldn't shake off an enemy.

I honestly thought I checked to make sure this was a one player only game. Either that or its just another scam attempt from SONY to make you buy crap you don't need. Schwinehounds!

Edited by BrakoV5

Just got to the section where your boxed in by swat. All was going well until it wanted me to make a swat member swan-dive from the roof.

The second joypad doesn't have the ability to use 6-axis movement and so I just quit.

In truth I'm struggling with the game. The story is great but chopped up in the worst possible way ever. They need to stop trying to be Tarantino and just tell the story. This game could have easily been told from beginning to end without trying to be clever.

I heard the game was short. Can anyone tell me if I'm close to the end. Want to get this duo mode out of the way and then hopefully enjoy the game the 2nd time around.

• 11 months later...
im playing the ps3 version, can i use a ps4 controller for the duo mode?

Yes.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/227012-list-ps3-games-compatible-dualshock-4-a.html

Please read that as you don't get full functionality using a DS4. In fact, a big problem might be no sixaxis features.