Amazing game or not?

quopi

I rented this game for two days and let me tell you, I have never been more attached to characters before in my entire life. This game is flawless. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is superb. The game is so real looking, when my brother walked In he said "What movie are you watching". I hate to take this game back. What do you guys think? Is it a must buy? Or not even worth a rent?

Edited by quopi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great graphics and sound and amazing performances from Ellen page! Kadeem Hardison and Willem Defoe but the rest of the cast were shit, the stupidity in some parts of the story and movement sometimes is a ball ache. Bit disappointed to be honest some great levels such as homeless but so many urghhh levels.

I rented this game for two days and let me tell you, I have never been more attached to characters before in my entire life. This game is flawless. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is superb. The game is so real looking, when my brother walked In he said "What movie are you watching". I hate to take this game back. What do you guys think? Is it a must buy? Or not even worth a rent?

you got it. the game is amazing. not flawless, sure, but a marvel and a classic. unforgettable and unlike anything else. i own it, and i'll never regret that. it's good you liked it.

I think Beyond is more along the lines of being an interactive movie than a game. Some moments felt too Hollywood for my liking, but that doesn't change the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed the unique experience Beyond had to offer; memorable characters, interesting concept, quality graphics, and it features some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. It was well worth the preorder to me.

Whether or not you should buy it is entirely up to you though, OP. If you enjoyed it then I'd say it's money well spent.

Amazing experience in every aspect, in my opinion. QD has done a phenomenal job with this game but it's sad to see many critics not appreciate this work of art. Page's performance in particular is simply astonishing and I am not ashamed to admit I cried many a times at certain scenes. Cage has done a fine job in touching upon many social themes across various genres in a single game. Its gameplay is not without flaws, granted, but for me, the narrative is one of the best I've witnessed in video games.

Beyond: Two Souls is an experience that will stay with me 'beyond' this life. (takes a bow)

I thought it was pretty poor. Little to no gameplay compared to Heavy Rain. Played like watching a DVD with somebody messing with the remote pausing it constantly and skipping chapters.

I understand that David Cage wanted to make this more an interactive novel, but for the love of all things holy, if you're going to do that at least make sure you're game is well written. This was fan fiction right out of the sci-fi forums. Horrible pacing throughout with shallow characters and pointless long winded scenes with a few plot holes thrown in for good measure. Heavy Rain was weak in this department as well, but at least it was a thrilling ride for the most part.

Long story short - Pretentious Wank :)

I thought this game was ok but not mind blowing. It loses out to Heavy Rain IMO in every department. Even aspects of Fahrenheit were better too.

I thought this has a good story and I think Ellen and Defoe did a great job but when going for the platinum - things like not being able to skip cutscenes were really starting to grate on me. It wasn't a very fun platinum to get at all.

Lovely game & typical depressing atmosphere near / at the end. A typical Quantic Dream game I'd say, but overall I did prefer Fahrenheit, Omikron & Heavy Rain slightly. Now it feels like a pain replaying it for trophies & all the endings. The endings are waved like in Heavy Rain, fragments put together & every ending is just different for a few seconds.

It held me in it's grip for one playthrough although I must say the plot was really irritating at points. After all you have very little choice in most places and your character ends up doing stuff you really feel she shouldn't.

Gameplay wise it was ok most of the time. Too much menial taska turned into a QTE fest and too often you are just left spinning around with Aiden looking for blue spots to click with no real idea of your motivations. Things just play out as you keep on clicking. I don't really feel like QTE cooking or QTE house cleaning.

Just finished the story - now on trophy mop up :( Although I enjoyed B2S I think I found Heavy Rain a more emotionally involving story. Didn't notice the lack of real control so much in that game compared to B2S. The action scenes did add a change of pace but overall I felt a bit let down :think: