No Plat Trophy?

Beyond good and evil should have been given a platinum as it was a full retail title on the PS2. But with this been a PSN HD remake and not a PS3 HD title remake that probably why it hasn't been given a plat. As only a hand full of PSN titles receive platinum trophies. But saying that i love the new HD makeover and some problems have been fixed. Still some dodgy camera angles now and again. But FPS have also been increased. Saying that i played the life out of the PS2 version and i am thoroughly enjoying this one

Well actually, a game can have a platinum trophy if the content is large enough. But the developers are not forced to implement it.

For example, games like Spare Parts and Under Siege have platinum, but had a PSN list in the first place. They just added the platinum, and changed the trophy values to get around 1200 trophy points (that explains the lot of golds in these games).

But well, yeah, quite a shame to see there isn't a plat for what was a PS2 retail title...

No plat maybe because it's on the 360 too and their xbla games only have 200 gamerscore.

Maybe they thought it would be unfair to give ps3 users more trophies?

Well, some games, like Alien Breed or Worms 2, have 200 gamerscore on the 360, but a Plat on the PS3.

And, reversely, Truth or Lies have 1000 gamerscore on the 360, but no plat and a reduced trophy list on the PS3.

So that doesn't mean anything! It's just about content in the game, and the choice of the developer to implement a platinum trophy if they are allowed to. The game had the potential to have a platinum, but the developers already done 12 achievements for the 360 and they didn't want to make more for the PS3, and they also didn't want to change the trophies into silver and golds just to make the count for a full game list.

Edited by Linkinito

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I checked this out before buying! I played the PS2 release of this game and loved it. I was planning on picking this PS3 HD remake up day one...I actually have it in my cart right now...but now I'm not going to because I was expecting it to have a Platinum. Even though I really want to play this version, it would just feel disappointing without a Platinum. Strange, I know, but there are too many OTHER great games on my shelf that DO have Platinums waiting for me to play. I'll skip this one.

Developers, please take note. HD remakes of PS2/PS1 classics should have Platinum trophies included.

Thanks,

MrJolly

i really thin they shouldve added a plat tho....in all actuality it really does increase the sales of the psn games....the POP trilogy wouldnt have sold as many if it didnt have a plat...most of my friends bought spare parts specifically becuase it had a plat...just sayin ya know

Have to agree with others here. All the other PS2 HD Remakes have had Plats (even when bundled on one disc each game has a Plat).

As others have pointed out neither price, length or distribution method seem to be a deal-breaker here. It really does seem that they decided to apply MS Live policies to PSN and save some cash.

It's a shame - but that said, those people that are refusing to play the game because of this are missing out on one of the best adventure games of all time.

Such a shame they decided not to give this game a plat. So many things you do in this game could've warranted more trophies. At least the game is a lot of fun! :D Brings back the good old memories of the PS2 era, when games were actually long!

Long? this is hardly +10h, well i dont consider it long.. You need to play more rpg´s ;)

• 3 weeks later...