Trophies not syncing

Scrapdaddy

EDIT: As of 11-1-10 the trophies WILL sync. Thanks to everyone for helping to resolve this issue.

I'm getting a couple of messages on PSN with people asking about their trophies for this game not syncing. Just to try and help out and answer the question all at once, mine have not sync'd either. I keep getting error 80022D68 every time I try and according to the list this error means that for whatever reason Sony has not uploaded the list to their network.

I don't really know what that means or how long it takes but it seems weird since the game came out here (US) yesterday (Oct 5) and the lists are usually up by the time the game is released.

I also don't know who to contact at Sony or if you even can, so for now it seems like we'll just have to be patient until they fix it on their end. Once they upload the list we should be able to sync the trophies.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by Scrapdaddy

This should be plat. #35, but alas no synching of my trophies. Has anyone been able to get them to synch, wondering how to fix the problem

You can't fix it. It's on Sony's end. They haven't added the trophy list to their servers. Until they do, your trophies won't appear.

I contacted sony and they said to delete the game data utility for it...there isn't any in the utility. than they told me to enter safe mode which said other data might be deleted. when I go to my trophy collection it shows I have a platinum, but it doesn't exist in my profile with the totals or when I compare. I'm not getting an error code, it just has to sync everytime I click on my profile. If anyone hears anything or theirs starts to sync message me on the PSN at Riptide9

I am getting the exact same thing, every time I try to synch up my trophies it crawls along till about 70%, then it flips to 100 and its done. Still no trophies, still no visible plat. If this does not get fixed I feel they should offer a refund to people who bought it.

What really sucks for me is that I've since played other games but because of this, they don't update either.

Does anyone know why Sony does it this way? The syncing thing kinda sucks. Why isnt this just automatic? Can I change the setting somehow?

I'm hoping this will all be sorted by the end of the month when the EU version is released.

according to the email I finally got from sony is that the problem is not theirs but rather ours. I was told to do the delete save file then enter safe mode in order to register the trophies. If you read the fine print though it says that doing so may cause permanent data loss to your ps3. I will wait until the 29th, and then maybe try my luck at that. I just do not want to wait 2 minutes each time I try to synch my trophies.......that really blows.

according to the email I finally got from sony is that the problem is not theirs but rather ours. I was told to do the delete save file then enter safe mode in order to register the trophies. If you read the fine print though it says that doing so may cause permanent data loss to your ps3. I will wait until the 29th, and then maybe try my luck at that. I just do not want to wait 2 minutes each time I try to synch my trophies.......that really blows.

I'll try it - I dont have anything on my PS3 that is unrecoverable and I had to delete my save game anyway when I tested out the cheats for the roadmap in my guide.

How do you enter safe mode?

And just to clarify their steps:

1) delete the Ben 10 save game

2) enter safe mode and it will sync

and thats it?

Here is their response...........

Hello Kevin,

We apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with trophies on your PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. If you have not already done so, delete the game data from the [Game Data Utility] folder under [Game] and do Safe Mode option #3. Once this is complete, re-install the game and re-synchronize your trophies.

Below is a link on how to access Safe Mode:

Article Title: Safe Mode

Article Link: PlayStation Knowledge Center | Support - PlayStation.com

Regards,

Cheryl T.

OK I did go ahead and delete / enter safe mode #3 and still nothing. So this confirms what Olsen and Rated have said about this being a Sony server issue. There really is nothing we can do on our end I guess. Today is the EU release though and still no update so I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Olsen, since you are a mod and you deal with this way more than the rest of us, has this ever happened before? It seems really weird because we are almost a month past the release now and it still isnt sorted. Do you guys at this site have any clout when it comes to things like this? Would they take you more seriously than they would Rawk or myself? At this point it is obviously not "operator error".

I mean I realize this isnt a triple "A" high profile game and probably not a major concern to Sony but it also seems like it should be an easy fix for Sony to just add the list to their server. I would imagine there is a file they recieve from the publisher in some standard format and they just import it.

Anyways I guess we are still just going to have to wait. Sorry everyone.

I've seen it happen a few times where a game was released and the trophies wouldn't sync right away. Sky Fighter (or whatever it's called) was the most recent game to do this. It took a couple of weeks to get that one fixed. I've never seen it go on this long though. I'll try to email Sony and see what I can do. I find it funny and sad that members of this site know the trophy system better than some Sony employees apparently.

Edit: Email sent. We'll see what happens. Good thing I'm persistent and if I get the same response you guys got, I'll just ask to get in contact with their manager. I'll keep going until it's either fixed or I talk to someone who knows what they're talking about.

Edited by olsen77

This is the response I got back today,

Hello Kevin,

I understand the concern that your Trophy collection has caused. Please keep in mind that there are millions of PlayStation®Network account holders and many more trophies that are able to sync correctly. At this time we do not have any information that suggests that this is not a localized issue or otherwise common among PSN account's and their Users.

If you were to access Safe Mode and perform option #3 it would allow you to rebuild any damaged files on your PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system's hard disk drive. If you have trophies that were able to sync properly in the paste this feature will not remove those as they are already associated with your PSN account. These previously synced trophies can never be deleted.

Regardless I have made a note to appropriate department so that they can look into this concern to be sure that there is not a larger issue causing the problem. If you do have the opportunity to attempt Safe Mode please let us know.

Regards,

Richard K.