XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
Scrapdaddy

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Default Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Trophy Guide & Roadmap

Roadmap

Overview:
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Based off the site average found here).
- Offine trophies: 46 (1, 4, 5, 36)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to : 8 - 12 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (you can replay levels if needed)
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: 0
- Do cheat codes disable trophies: Yes (Warning: If you use a cheat in this game, not only does it disable trophies but it stays on. The only way to turn it off again is to delete your saved game.)

Introduction: Welcome to my Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction guide. The game is a linear action game in the same vein as the Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks game and is generally geared toward a younger audience with a few challenges on the boss fights. The majority of the trophies will be unlocked during the course of normal play and anything else can be completed with the level select feature. I'd like to recommend that you save every chance you get. The game had a tendency to freeze on me.

Step 1 - Play through the main game. Start by using Ben (human form) and get his 50 kills out of the way. Then, on each level you will want to focus on destroying every enemy and destructible object you can to collect kills and DNA points. There are 3 trophies for destroying objects, 3 for DNA points and 3 for killing enemies. You need to pay extra attention to make sure you specifically destroy every car throughout the entire game for “Immobilized” and all the security cameras in the Amazon level for “Camera Shy”. You will also want to collect all the Sumo Slammers from each level. I have a guide to the car, camera and slammer locations and it can be found here. On the Final Battle level you will want to save all the civilians for “Savior”. There are not that many but I have them listed in the collectible guide with the rest of the stuff. In addition to the collectibles, half way through level 2 you can use the Swampfire method outlined in "100 Hit Combo" to get to 1,000,000 DNA points relatively quickly. Check the "100 Hit Combo" section again when you reach level 6 for an easy opportunity to obtain the 100 hits and the trophy. Once you finish the game for the first time, be sure to watch the entire credit roll for an easy trophy. Doing all the above will net you all of the trophies in a single run.

Step 2 - Go through and complete any section that you may have missed and mop up any of the remaining challenges. I have listed tips for each challenge under their respective trophies in case you need additional help. If you did not use the Swampfire method on your first playthrough you will need to replay a couple of levels to get your million DNA and to fully max out all the aliens. The only other thing that you may have left to do is go for the 50 and 100 hit combos.

Conclusion:
Overall the game is not too difficult with the exception of the 100-hit combo. The average gamer should be able to complete the majority of the game within a single day of dedicated play. This makes it a perfect candidate for a weekend rental.

If you really run into trouble or just want to blow through the game as fast as possible, I have a step by step walkthrough for the entire game here.

Hope you have fun with the game and if you hated it, well maybe the guide will help make it less painful.
Thanks for reading.

Trophy Guide

Ben 10, Hero of Heroes
Earned all trophies.
This unlocks after collecting all the other trophies referenced in this guide.

Go Ultimate
Defeat all of Vulcanus’ minions.
Story related and cannot be missed.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Stone Cold
Defeat the Terracotta General

Funny Business
Complete the Zombozo Ultimate Event

Stinky Savior
Complete the Sunder Ultimate Event

E-Knocked Out!
Complete the Catacombs level

Torn Asunder
Complete the Eiffel Tower level

Last edited by Scrapdaddy; 11-03-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Scrapdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #2
Scrapdaddy

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission

Hunter Has Become the Hunted
Complete the Devil's Tower level

Great Walls of Fire
Complete the Great Wall level

Rescued at What Cost?
Complete the Tokyo Nights level

Pwned the Clones
Complete the Amazon level
Story related and cannot be missed. Before defeating the boss of this level I'd suggest reading the "100 Hit Combo" section. This is the best location to get 100 hits but you will need to do it before killing the boss. If you don't do it on your first run, you will have to at least replay this entire level.

Fall of Rome
Complete the Colosseum level

Eye of the Storm
Complete the Final Battle level

To the Moon
Complete the Game
Story related and cannot be missed. This unlocks after you defeat the final boss and it comes right after the trophy for “Eye of the Storm”. Congratulations you’ve completed the final level.

Art of War
Discover all of the Combat Bonuses
Just keep fighting enemies and it should unlock during the course of normal play. I had it pop for me during the beginning of level 2. I honestly don't know what the combat bonuses are as I didn't see any mention of them during the entire game.

Savior
Save all of the civilians in the Final Battle
You need to save all the groups of civilians in the Final Battle (level 8). There aren't too many but I put them in the "collectibles" guide anyway. It can be found here.

Power Up!
Spend 1000 on upgrades
See "Investor".

Investor
Spend 10000 on upgrades
You earn DNA points while playing through the levels destroying objects and defeating enemies. You can then use the DNA to purchase upgrades for your aliens. Once you have spent 10000 points and exit the power up menu back to the game screen, the trophy will unlock.

Deep Pockets
Earn One Million DNA
You earn DNA points while playing through the levels destroying objects and defeating enemies. When you have collected 1,000,000 points the trophy will unlock. This counts as the total collected throughout the game and does not mean that you have to have a million points on hand all at the same time. With that in mind, feel free to spend the points as you get them to max out your aliens. This will require completing the game and then replaying levels to get the total amount OR see "100 Hit Combo" for a relatively quick way to 1,000,000 using Swampfire on level 2.

Brawler
Defeat 100 enemies
See "Conqueror".

Last edited by Scrapdaddy; 11-03-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #3
Scrapdaddy

Warrior
Defeat 200 enemies
See "Conqueror".

Conqueror
Defeat 500 enemies
You will unlock the “defeat 100, 200 and 500 enemies” trophies during the course of the game. If by some miracle you don’t have this by the end, go back and replay the levels until you do. A good level to replay is level one because you get over 100 enemies by the time you complete the Ultimate Humungosaur event. This trophy popped for me during level 3 of regular play but I did replay level 1 once.

10 Hit Combo
Get a 10 hit combo
See "100 hit combo".

25 Hit Combo
Get a 25 hit combo
See "100 hit combo".

50 Hit Combo
Get a 50 hit combo
See "100 hit combo".

100 Hit Combo
Get a 100 hit combo
You will likely get the 10 and 25 hit combos during the course of your first playthrough. The 50 and 100 hit combos are the ones you will have to try for. A combo is counted by keeping a continuous chain of attacks going against multiple foes. You have about 3 seconds between attacks to continue the chain and if you get hit during the combo it resets to 0.

An easy 10, 25 and 50 hit combo can be done with Swampfire:
During level 2 (Eiffel Tower) and right after the first save point (be sure to save first) is a room where you need to melt the teeth of a large snake. Before you can do that though you need to fight a large group of minions. Start back behind the stairs and destroy the plant and armor so they don't mess with your combo. Now let the first couple of guys come to you. Attack the first one with a regular attack. Then go for the second guy and launch a special attack by holding and pressing . This will add about 10 or so hits to your combo. Now aim for a third guy with some more regular attacks and that will put you close to the front of the stairs. Launch another special attack on a fourth guy and if you are lucky it will also hit a fifth guy putting your total at or near 30. You can take out another guy with regular attacks and then block. Once anyone hits your block, attack again with regular attacks and your meter should be full just enough to unleash another special attack which will put you at or just a couple of hits away from 50. Block and then attack anyone left to just edge over the mark. The best part about this location is there are enough enemies to actually get the hits and if you mess up you can just finish off the remaining guys, melt the teeth, walk in the toxic spill with anyone other than NRG and die. You restart right there and can then try again as often as you like. As a bonus, while you are practicing your big combos you get to keep the combat DNA you earn. It does not go away after you die so this is a quick way to 1,000,000 too. Best I did at this location was 76 hits and over 200,000 points for 1 fight. Not bad for a couple of minutes. Multiply that times 5 more fights at this location and you are done collecting DNA points for the rest of the game after maybe fifteen minutes. Once you've got the combo down or have all the DNA points you want, just complete the level to save your stuff.

For the easiest opportunity to get a 100 hit combo a huge thanks goes to Cheattaro for the link to this video by FrankNStein:

To do this you need to make your way to the boss of level 6. Run over to either side and hang out near the wall. The technique we are going to use is to ONLY attack the big guy and not bother with the skinny guy on top. The big guy is invincible so you won't damage the shared life bar. The pattern is simple: 5 or six regular attacks, block the big punch and explosive, 5 or six more regular attacks, block the big punch and the explosive. Just keep repeating until you get to 100. Now at some point the explosive and the punch will be out of sync. You may only be able to land a hit or 2 before you need to block again. Just don't delay landing the next hit for too long and you will be all set. The good news is that you will see the explosive coming and the punch has a huge wind up. Even better news is that if you die, you get to restart right from the beginning of this boss fight. Compared to the other locations this was an EPIC find. Thanks again!

Thanks for the earliest (although more difficult) opportunity to get a 100 hit combo goes to Chaosblade07:
Using Swampfire and during the mini boss fight with the robot type guy on level 1, use the same strategy outlined above for the 50 hit combo but instead of using and use and . The key is in doing the attack to all the small guys while avoiding the robot's attacks. It will take a couple of tries but once you get the hang of it you will see it’s a great spot because there are more than enough minions that keep spawning. As long as you move quick and pay attention to what the robot is doing, it is possible.

Better, Faster, Stronger!
Fully upgrade one alien
You only need to max out one of the aliens for this to unlock. See "Ultimate Aliens" for more information.

Ultimate Aliens
Fully upgrade all aliens
You need to upgrade 10 of the 11 aliens to the maximum level by spending your DNA points. The unlockable character Fourarms does NOT need to be maxed out to get this trophy. At the beginning you can only max out the characters a certain amount. More upgrade slots become available as you play the game. You will know an alien is done when their bar on the upgrade screen is full. The aliens and how much each one costs to max out are:
  • Ampfibian - 122,720
  • Armodrillo - 127,120
  • Big Chill - 125,940
  • Echo Echo - 110,120
  • Humungosaur - 129,160
  • NRG - 125,940
  • Spidermonkey - 122,720
  • Swampfire - 125,940
  • Terraspin - 122,720
  • Waterhazard - 125,940
For a total of 1,238,320 points. Use the Swampfire combo, die and restart method listed in the 100 hit combo description for a quick way to the million.

Vandal
Destroy 30 breakable objects
See "Menace".

Threat
Destroy 200 breakable objects
See "Menace".

Menace
Destroy 500 breakable objects
During the course of playing through the game you will come across various objects that you can destroy. They are pots, coffins, debris piles, benches, dumpsters, etc. Keep on destroying the objects around the levels until you have unlocked the trophies. You get a breakdown at the end of the level that tells you how many items you destroyed. You can obtain this by the 5th or 6th level if you keep destroying everything you find. If for some reason you do not have this by the end of the game just keep replaying levels until you get it.

The Catacombs Sumo Slammer!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in the Catacombs
See "Electric Slameroo!".

Eiffel Tower Sumo Slammer!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in the Eiffel Tower

Devils Tower Sumo Slammer!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in Devil's Tower

The Great Wall Sumo Slammer!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in the Great Wall of China

Tokyo Nights Sumo Slammer!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in Tokyo Nights

Last edited by Scrapdaddy; 11-03-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #4
Scrapdaddy

The Amazon Sumo Slammer!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in the Amazon

The Colosseum Sumo Slammer!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in the Colosseum

The Final Battle Sumo Slammer!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in the Final Battle

Electric Slameroo!
Find all of the hidden Sumo Slammers in the game
This will unlock when you have collected all the Sumo Slammers in the game. If you missed some, you can replay the levels and pick up the ones you missed. You can check how many you have by previewing the level select screen for each mission. I have made a guide to all the locations and it can be found here. Please note that if you collect one and then die before saving or reaching an in game checkpoint, you will have to recollect that one again.

Original Gladiator
Unlock Fourarms as a playable character
You will unlock him after completing the game. The trophy unlocks after the “To the Moon” trophy.

Camera Shy!
Destroy all the security cameras in the Amazon level
Simply destroy all the cameras in the Amazon level. These are also listed in the collectible guide and it can be found here. An odd thing happened to me on this one so I think I'll share just in case someone runs into the same problem. On my first playthrough, I searched everywhere and made the guide while I played. When I finished the level I did not get the trophy and figured I missed one. I finished the rest of the game and went back to try and find the missing camera. The trophy popped when I picked up the first one in my guide again. Something to keep in mind if you have trouble too.

Ultimatrix Bearer
Defeat 50 enemies as Ben Tennyson
Ben is the main player you control throughout the game that is constantly changing into the other alien forms. Just defeat 50 enemies in your untransformed human state and this will unlock. This is probably best done at the start of the game to get it out of the way. At the end of level 1 you need to jump over some retracting spikes and enter an arena of sorts with the boss. Instead of killing the boss just keep killing his minions with Ben until the trophy unlocks. Even if you die, you restart right there and dying does not reset your total kills so keep at it. If you killed all the other enemies you could with Ben from the beginning of level 1, then you’ll get the trophy by replaying this fight within a couple of minutes.

Thanks
Watch the entire credits
Simply watch all the end of game credits. Once you beat the game for the first time, just walk away and grab a sandwich or something until the credits have completely scrolled all the way through. You can also access this immediately from the start screen by going to the “options” menu and selecting “credits”.

Immobilized
Destroy all cars within the game
Every car you see within the game needs to be destroyed. There are twelve in level 5, six in level 6 and eleven in level 7. They are all in the collectibles guide and can be found here.

Ultimate Echo Echo-wned
Complete the Ultimate Echo Echo event

Last edited by Scrapdaddy; 11-03-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Bryanco1

Send a message via Yahoo to Bryanco1

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Thanks for the guide so quick. I have the game on the way. Could you put spoiler tags on the story related trophies though? I just dont want to know whats gonna happen until I get to each level.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanco1 View Post
Thanks for the guide so quick. I have the game on the way. Could you put spoiler tags on the story related trophies though? I just dont want to know whats gonna happen until I get to each level.
Yeah I was going to, just havent gotten around to finishing the formatting yet. Thanks.

EDIT: They've been added.

Last edited by Scrapdaddy; 10-07-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: update post
Old 10-09-2010, 04:38 AM   #7
Chaosblade07

Send a message via AIM to Chaosblade07

Any idea yet on how to get the 100 hit combo? Been having trouble finding a good area...
Chaosblade07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #8
Scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosblade07 View Post
Any idea yet on how to get the 100 hit combo? Been having trouble finding a good area...
Nothing yet. All other trophies are done and I've started my second run to verify everything and so far that section in level 2 is the best spot. I'm back up to the beginning of level 7 and have not run into anything even remotely as good as the level 2 section. Here's hoping something pops up in these last 2 levels. There's probably some simple 20 hit combo that I havent found that you can just use 5 times and be done. If I could find a way to not lose special ability power or at least just use half power per special then I could easily get it in level 2, but since you have to kill a couple of guys with regular moves there just arent enough left.

Then in the later levels the guys with shields are just combo killers and there seems to be one in every group. If you could block the attacks of the mid boss in level one you could do it there since the minions respawn but I always get knocked out of the block.

Something will turn up sooner or later I suppose.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #9
Chaosblade07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapdaddy View Post
Nothing yet. All other trophies are done and I've started my second run to verify everything and so far that section in level 2 is the best spot. I'm back up to the beginning of level 7 and have not run into anything even remotely as good as the level 2 section. Here's hoping something pops up in these last 2 levels. There's probably some simple 20 hit combo that I havent found that you can just use 5 times and be done. If I could find a way to not lose special ability power or at least just use half power per special then I could easily get it in level 2, but since you have to kill a couple of guys with regular moves there just arent enough left.

Then in the later levels the guys with shields are just combo killers and there seems to be one in every group. If you could block the attacks of the mid boss in level one you could do it there since the minions respawn but I always get knocked out of the block.

Something will turn up sooner or later I suppose.
Another thing that makes it tough for me is that going back to those levels with upgraded aliens kills everyone a lot faster. So it's hard to keep those combos going too high. Using the spinning attack of Terraspin can usually get high combos in groups of enemies but theres never enough of enemies it seems or the special power running out becomes an issue. I wonder if any of those hidden cheats could help with this trophy.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
Chaosblade07

Finally got the trophy! I got it in the first level during the mini boss fight with the robot type guy. I basically used your strategy but instead of using and i used and . The key is in doing the attack to all the small guys while avoiding the robot's attacks. It will take a couple of tries but once you get the hang of it you will see its a perfect spot because there are more than enough small guys that are spawning. As long as you move quick and pay attention to what the robot is doing, should be easy.

Oh yeah! Remember to use SwampFire!

Last edited by Chaosblade07; 10-09-2010 at 07:54 AM.