Helter Skelter (Drums) Expert

rkylehiemenz

So... tips for the few hard spots? I'm definitely going to practice, but those who are really drummers or good at RB Drumming... any tips for the part with lots of bass kicks and tricky drum patterns.

The couple long spots with that are what trip me up... also the really quick blue toms followed by quick yellow toms... but I'm sure I can figure that out eventually.

Anyway... back to practicing. Thanks for any tips you may have.

A lot of people take this for granted, but what really helped me with this one was listening to the song on my iPod over and over and over again until I felt like I knew it like the back of my hand outside of the game. It may be obvious but it's what helped me through.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of people take this for granted, but what really helped me with this one was listening to the song on my iPod over and over and over again until I felt like I knew it like the back of my hand outside of the game. It may be obvious but it's what helped me through.

Good luck!

Oh, that's totally a good tip. I usually nail the songs I know and listen to regularly better than songs I'm not a fan of or haven't heard 1000 times. I'll add that to my ipod as well as continue practicing.

• 3 months later...
Having a double bass setup has really helped me get closer to this and other drumming trophies. My leg doesn't get so tired that I can't keep trying/learning the the part. The official RB pedals come with a splitter now, so for $20 it's not a bad deal.

What is a double bass setup? I'm starting to work on the drum trophies and am curious.

• 1 month later...
So... tips for the few hard spots? I'm definitely going to practice, but those who are really drummers or good at RB Drumming... any tips for the part with lots of bass kicks and tricky drum patterns.

The couple long spots with that are what trip me up... also the really quick blue toms followed by quick yellow toms... but I'm sure I can figure that out eventually.

Anyway... back to practicing. Thanks for any tips you may have.

Some tips:

-You don't have to play it FC (Full Combo), so you there's no penalty for over hits.

-At the two last rolls I prefer to hit as fast as you can, to make sure you get 'em all.

-Ask for a friend, if one can do all the basses (it would be REALLY helpful, cuz it makes all the fills so easy, cuz you don't have to focus your foot) [i did it all alone, without my friends;)]

- I don't know is the double kick pedal neccessary at all... Whole game don't have any fast kicks.

-You don't have to hit those Beatlemania crashes. So don't use any Beatlemania. It will just blind you, unless you have very GOOD tv.

I hope my tips will help you. AND everyone who reads this:)

and after this YOU GOT BLISTERS ON YOUR FINGERS!

• 2 weeks later...
The only difficulty I have with this song is the final two rolls. They seem off beat to me... well, gotta go into practice mode I guess.

about the last two rolls, if you know something about music i can tell you that for every quarter note there are 3 hits. I do this in practice mode and even though i lost the FC i get 100%. so you really don't need to play very fast to hit all notes, so it's even easier. hope that helps

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm starting some serious practice to get this.

I have no tips to give, but I got The End Drum solo & The Beatles Beats trophy today. It took me few hours to fc the solo, 'cause it seemed I messed up the kick pattern all the time. Then I switched to left foot and got it no time. WTF?

Guess I don't have so much connections in my brain for hands and left leg movement :D Maybe I should try this method at Heltel Skelter too if I don't seem to succeed... X)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I remember trying so long to get this song 100% and it took me forever when I first got this game. I recently got a new PSN ID so I had lost all of my trophies and I decided to start playing this game again. I decided to attempt to get this song 100% again so I got out my old Beatles Rock band drum set and what did you know, I got it 100% on my first try. I haven't played Rock Band in a while so I was shocked to get it. Anyways if you practice for a while then you should be able to get it after a number of tries. Also I just spammed hit the last 2 rolls because you don't have to get the song FC.

Edited by TheMustyRunner

• 7 months later...

One thing to bear in mind is that Ringo was a lefty playing right-handed. That means his fills and rolls start generally with the left hand...

Also my drums are rock band 1 drums with silenced pads... I have to hit each drum pretty much dead center for it to register...

• 1 year later...
Been trying to get this for 2 years now and still screw up on the faster parts. Looks like I'm practising this once again :L

It's a horrible trophy, I did it for the third time like 10 days ago and still messes up on especially the yellow roll before the little break. Just drum as fast as you possible can on that one and the final two.