Manage Perks screen freezing

bradthewizard

Everytime I enter the Manage Perks screen, the whole game freezes, and I can't do anything, forced to restart system. When I first got game, this did not occur, and I was able to manage my perks without problem. After playing for an hour or two, the freezing started. I've reset the system and tried to access the Manage Perks screen several times for 3 days, and this issue persists.

A strange thing is that when it freezes, whatever music was playing before continues to play for a little, then it cuts off for about 10 seconds, then starts playing again. I can still play the game modes, but it is very annoying not being able to manage my perks. I am stuck with what I bought before the freezing started.

Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know how I can fix this? Help appreciated.

Edited by bradthewizard

Personally, I've never had it happen on the Manage Perks screen, only the Leaderboards. However I asked the dev about it and he states that if the game freezes up on a player because they looked at the Leaderboard, and the game happens to be in the middle of saving, there's no telling how it could affect the game. It's a bummer, but the only open at that point would be to delete the save or not edit perks.

He's pretty ticked off that he can't do an update yet and that it'll take 4-5 weeks at least. But that it would be a good idea for people to back up their saves. Things should be fine as long as players don't check the Leaderboards in the middle of a save.

Out of my own curiosity, doesn't the game freeze up if you go to Manage Perks after choosing a song (on the Start/Difficulty/Visual Intensity Screen) or just when you go to it from the main menu?

I had the save file glitch one me, twice thus far. The first time, the game loaded up and I had the flickering madness on every screen, it seems I could play, but could only see the screen every 15 seconds or so for a quick flash. The other 14 seconds would be blank or, sort of like old school static flickering. The only solution seemed to be to start again.

You aren't going to make it far if you can't switch your perks... If you want to get 100%, I'd suggest deleting the save and starting again. Back up the save file every couple hours, or if you completed any landmark challenge. I personally have a flash and external HD, I alternate backups between them just in case. This is one of the only games to have the save files so messed up, some games I have played hundreds of hours with no problems. Good game, shame this and the leader boards are busted so royally.