Platinum in 20hrs with close to no challenge!

Jaytech

hi guys,

first of all, if you think you have to post anything like: "oh, that's cheap/noobish/whatever", DON'T POST!

-start off by playing through normal until you get enough colored orbs to create a magic flute

-now the flute glitch: enter the item menu screen and put the flute on the LEFT DPAD, don't put anything else on the dpad! now you can just enter the menu and use the flute from the menu infinitely to finish almost EVERY FIGHT instantly and make bosses extremely easy (the execution animation makes you invincible to enter the menu again and again and again...).

-remember to never use the flute with the dpad ingame otherwise you have to get a new one!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsKHHqzPNVU]YouTube - Bayonetta infinite flute glitch[/ame]

-you can breeze through hard and nonstop climax with this glitch (the only fight giving you problems is probably chapter 2 jeanne with no item access)

-after getting pillow talk by finishing nonstop climax farm halos using the chapter 7 boss strategy to buy the climax brace

-now with the climaxed pillow talk almost all alfheim portals are easy (for the torture challenges use the normal katana and spam triangle for combos)

-get all the other trophies by using the trophy guide here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/bayonetta/33043-bayonetta-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

my platinum time: 20hrs

difficulty: 4/10

NOTE: of course, you have to learn how to use witch time for some fights/portals, but where would the fun be without it?!:)

Edited by Jaytech

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys,

first of all, if you think you have to post anything like: oh, that's cheap/noobish/whatever", DON'T POST!

-start off by playing through normal until you get enough colored orbs to create a magic flute

-now the flute glitch: enter the item menu screen and put the flute on the LEFT DPAD, don't put anything else on the dpad! now you can just enter the menu and use the flute from the menu infinitely to finish almost EVERY FIGHT instantly and make bosses extremely easy (the execution animation makes you invincible to enter the menu again and again and again...).

-remember to never use the flute with the dpad ingame otherwise you have to get a new one!

-you can breeze through hard and nonstop climax with this glitch (the only fight giving you problems is probably chapter 2 jeanne with no item access)

-after getting pillow talk by finishing nonstop climax farm halos using the chapter 7 boss strategy to buy the climax brace

-now with the climaxed pillow talk almost all alfheim portals are easy (for the torture challenges use the normal katana and spam triangle for combos)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/bayonetta/33043-bayonetta-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

NOTE: of course, you have to learn how to use witch time for some fights/portals, but where would the fun be without it?!:)

nice. if i knew that before i had my plat even faster. (its a short game even with 3 playthroughs). do you know the killgore glitch?

yes, i do, but i couldn't nail the combo all the time, so i decided to grind the longer but easier chapter 7 boss for halos instead of chapter 2 boss.

i know there is a vid you can use the killgore glitch for farming halos. but you can use also the killgore glitch to defeat almost al bosses.

here is a vid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2p5JQjxos]YouTube - Bayonetta Kilgore BUG[/ame]

i not sure if you need pillow talk to gain platinum faster. but i guess you know better (you have 90 plats xD)

i know there is a vid you can use the killgore glitch for farming halos. but you can use also the killgore glitch to defeat almost al bosses.

here is a vid

i not sure if you need pillow talk to gain platinum faster. but i guess you know better (you have 90 plats xD)

the climaxed pillow talk with huge length and power made 90% of the portals very easy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i played the game without doing any glicthes, although i would say i saved up lollipops for my climax playtrough, i also rented the game so i was in a rush. The trick i like using was charging the sword, this game was awesome. also to play this game without using or discovering some of the combos is really missing out even for a trophy hunter.

hi guys,

first of all, if you think you have to post anything like: "oh, that's cheap/noobish/whatever", DON'T POST!

Ya i found this glitch when i was almost done with the hard playthrough. It helped me a lot! I did the climax playthrough in 3 hours and a bit. If it wasnt for this glitch must say this game was very challenging to me!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this. I just started replaying this game after putting it on the side a year ago. I stopped at Chapter 5 because that one boss in Chapter 4 raped me and I had to retry about six times. In Chapter 5, I was getting slaughtered by the first two beasts and had to switch to Easy. I'll try this out after I finish my initial playthrough because I know for sure that I cannot beat this game on Hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if anyone should have problems with jeanne on chapter 2 (since you can't use items),there is a easy way to kill her. I found this comment of a youtube video, but I don't remember who wrote it. It said:

I was having a really hard time with this one too but i found a small bug :p Get on the ceiling above her and hold block for the breakdance gun attack, just keep doing it she won't come up there to stop you and eventually you'll get her.

Good to know.

Also you can add other items on the d-pad and still have the glitch work for you. I added a mega green and mega yellow on the up and right part of the d-pad before the fight with Jeanne and used them in that battle. After the fight was over I was still able to use the glitch for the entire game with the entire d-pad assigned with different items. Just as long as the flute is set to the left part of the d-pad and you never ever touch the left d-pad you will be ok.

I really don't know how OP plat'd the game in 20 hours. I'm 15 hours in and only on chapter 9 on hard. The game feels like a grind doing the glitch and it's pretty useless on Jubileus unless I'm doing something wrong. She's not a tough boss, just a little time consuming. Not looking forward to seeing how I do on hard and infinite climax.

EDIT: Do not assign anything to the top d-pad. Your items actually disappear. I still have all my items that are set on the left, but for some reason when I was finished each level it notified that I used items that I never even used that were assigned on the top of the d-pad.

Edited by Freaky Ways