Anyone else finds this game hard?

teel

I play on Normal, I'm on chapter 2 now, and I find it much harder than Darksiders Apocalyptic or GoW hard. It's not that it's bad, on the contrary it's just about the difficulty I like - a real challenge, yet doable with patience and learning. But it's just Normal with two more harder difficulties; isn't normal supposed to be easier? I have to dodge all the time, that's usually not the case on normal difficulties, and health regenerations can be real hard to get.

Or maybe I'm not doing something right? Any tips what I could be missing?

Edited by teel

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing when I started the game, when playing through normal I thought finishing Hard Mode would be impossible, let alone Infinite Climax. It isn't though, you'll see that Hard Mode and Infinite Climax feel much, much easier to you after you've beaten normal as you've learned what's really important in Bayonetta: Dodging / Blocking.

Once you've perfected your timing for dodges, you'll beat the game really easy. I promise you that. And that's why it feels so hard on normal difficulty. Other Hack & Slash game don't require you to avoid damage as hardcore as Bayonetta does. But the thing is, because of that, you're forced to become really good at dodging, which helps out a lot on Hard and above.

I mean, if you're not getting hit it doesn't matter that the enemies hit harder on the higher difficulties, right? ;)

Is this game worth getting i heard alot about it but i dont really care for over sexualized game characters to much. But beyond that the action looks really fun. Guess i should Demo first probly lol :OP

The story sucks, and the sex angle is very cheesy, but it is a pretty good game with lots of fast fluid action and controller smashing frustration. :)

The story sucks, and the sex angle is very cheesy, but it is a pretty good game with lots of fast fluid action and controller smashing frustration. :)

Cheesy sexuality / feminity is one of the reasons I love this game. It adds a touch of originality that sets it apart from other hack&slash, somewhat like the retro-futurism of Fallout. It's making a hard session of fights so much lighter - imagine slaying angels left and right at the tune of Fly Me To The Moon :applause:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV6E13xODyA]YouTube - Bayonetta - Fly Me To The Moon (Climax)[/ame]

Sometimes I wonder how come it got a rating of 15, the sexuality is so prominent in this. Imagine, Bayonetta's finishing move is called Climax - of course it could mean something else, but seeing her you surely won't think of "a point of greatest intensity or force in an ascending series" (definition from wikipedia). Add that Bayonetta is technically nude, only her hair covering her body, and she sometimes attacks with her hair, so you can guess what's the result :D (ok, the angle is always to keep decency, but still...)

If you play this game for the first time on medium it is a bitch. After you get more weapons it gets pretty easy. Hard mode isn't as hard as medium in your first play through because the weapons carry over and you are pretty skilled. Climax is easy if you buy a certain item. There is an item I forget what it is called but what it does is disables your witch time and every time you dodge an attack it hurts the enemy instead. It's very useful in climax.

Climax is easy if you buy a certain item. There is an item I forget what it is called but what it does is disables your witch time and every time you dodge an attack it hurts the enemy instead. It's very useful in climax.

It's the Evil Witch Rosary. Does nice damage to enemies if you successfully dodge.

I played the game through three times and even though the difficulty was increasing every time it became easier everytime...obviously you can see that i have the platinum so i actually didn't find it that hard... especially once I got the moon item it was really easy

Hard and Very hard was the exact same for me. All you lose is Witch time but the monsters difficulty appears to stay the same.

I am not good at timing dodges at the last minute, I much rather assure a dodge then time a dodge where I can possibly get hit. So when I lost witch time in Very Hard, it wasn't a big deal at all :)

Ok, finished the game in normal and I'm on 2nd chapter of Hard right now. It is true that the game doesn't get much harder. I think that is because of the items and weapons you unlock too, and of course experience. Interrestingly I seem to get platinums more often than on normal.

I read someone say how hard and frustrating the last boss was. It didn't seem that way at all to me... It was a very fun fight, but nothing particulary hard. I found the encounters with Jeanne much harder.

I might not go for the platinum trophy though. I still find the game quite hard, and it will probably frustrate me too much at a point.

The game itself is easy and so is getting all the trophies. If you are just trying to get through the game, you won't have any trouble.

Getting all Pure Platinum medals takes some effort and can be annoying at times though. The witch time Alfheims with Jeanne can be troublesome if you don't have the timing for moth within down.

I am on my first Infinite Climax playthrough and finding it much easier than I expected. The Evil Rosary Harvest accessory compensates for loss of witch-time and topping up your health items at the gates of hell at every oppurtunity is great help. It's important to get all the witch hearts to maximise your health bar.

I still struggle against the grace and glory enemies though since their attacks are so fast and really damage your health.

Grace and Glory almost made me cry on my playthrough of normal but by the time I got to hard I found the game to be a lot easier. I still get terrible trophies at the end of each stage though, haven't mastered staying alive quite yet.

I play on Normal, I'm on chapter 2 now, and I find it much harder than Darksiders Apocalyptic or GoW hard. It's not that it's bad, on the contrary it's just about the difficulty I like - a real challenge, yet doable with patience and learning. But it's just Normal with two more harder difficulties; isn't normal supposed to be easier? I have to dodge all the time, that's usually not the case on normal difficulties, and health regenerations can be real hard to get.

You are right, this game is hard.

I just got it and exactly am where you are now.

I've beaten major fights with barely any energy left. I've had to dodge and can't just button mash or spam the same combos.

This feels like the right difficulty to make the game fun but not annoy you cause the game feels cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

hell, ive played the game on normal and didnt find it that easy... and normally i dont have that much trouble with games like Bayonetta. after i beat the game on normal, i tried it on hard... and couldnt even get past the prologue!!! lmao. so yea, its pretty hard... especially finding all the portals and resting places... aka chests.

Yeah, but you need to grind for hours to buy/create enough lollipops to last you through some bossfights. Not to mention in some fights you can't use them (ex. in the flashback fight against past Jeanne).

That's true, but I found that I didn't really need to use them until certain boss fights & by then I had already grinded the game for plenty of lollipops 'n such.

Of course mastering Witch Time & all of her evasion techniques is what's really crucial to conquering this game. But on the other hand there are certain boss fights where you can't even use Witch Time, so you'd have to rely on lollipops to pull you through the fight.