Bayonetta - Road Map

atirador

Estimated difficulty: 6.2/10

Offline trophies: 51 (38 (B) 10 (S) 2 (G) 1 (P))    

Online trophies: 0

Estimated time to platinum: 20-25 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3

Missable Trophies: None.

Glitched Trophies: None if playing with the latest patch installed.

Do cheats disable trophies?: No

Does Difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, Collectibles and Portals are only available on Normal or higher.

This Roadmap is the result of my search for an easier/faster way to platinum the game. All of the information was find here, I just compiled them all in one place.

Credits:

Platinum Guide by Labartu

Half a Million Halos in Five Minutes by TurboSquirrel

How to Get the Climax Bracelet by Labartu

The Roadmap:

First:

Finish the Game on Normal while trying to get all the Witch Hearts, Moon Pearls, Chests, Notes and the LPs. In the Guide there are links to excellent collectibles guides. Check them out.

Don't worry about doing the Portals right now.

If you have the Halos, try to buy all the Witch Hearts you can for 30k each (they increase your Maximum Health instantaneously, so you don't have to buy 4 of them for one increment).

Also try to buy the Selene's Light and the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa acessories. They'll make combat easier.

Don't worry about any other acessory. You won't need many of the Techniques, so you don't need to worry about them either.

Don't forget that the Test for the Bat Within technique is a great way to get the trophies for combat, so it's important you don't buy it until you have all the combat trophies.

Second:

After you have finished the game on Normal, it's time to farm for the 5 million Halos in order to buy the Climax Bracelet. The Climax Bracelet makes all of Bayonetta's attacks become Wicked Weave Attacks, causing much more damage.

HOW TO GET 5 MILLION HALOS TO BUY THE CLIMAX BRACELET

Part 1:

You must have equipped:

- Electric Durga (do a circle motion on the left stick and press punch to alternate between Electric and Fire)

- Gaze of Despair (if you don't have it yet, you'll get money to buy it soon enough)

- Selene's Light (optional, but it helps)

- Odette (skates, optional)

Go to Chapter 7.

Fight against the Boss there and try to keep your combo for as long as you can. You may want to play on Hard, since the Boss will has more energy and you get a bigger combo.

You'll get something between 400k and 800k Halos (less without Gaze of Despair) on each try in a few minutes.

You must do this until you have 5M Halos.

Part 2:

After Verse 3 on Chapter 2, there will be 3 payphones on the square. The one near the squre is used for guns, the one on the right for accessories and the last one on the other side of the square is for characters. Stand near the phone and enter these on your controller:

:up: :up: :up: :up: :down: :down: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :l2:

Bangle of Time (Accessory) (3 Million Halos)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :down: :down: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :triangle:

Bazillions (Weapon) (1 Million Halos)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :down: :down: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :r2:

Climax Bracelet (Accessory) (5 Million Halos)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :down: :down: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :r1:

Eternal Testimony (Accessory) (2 Million Halos)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :down: :down: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :circle:

Jeanne (Character) (1 Million Halos)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :down: :down: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :square:

Little Zero (Character) (5 Million Halos)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :down: :down: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :cross:

Pillow Talk (Weapon) (1 Million Halos)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :down: :down: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :l1:

Rodin (Weapon) (3 Million Halos)

You'll hear a sound indicating that it worked and your Halos will be debited.

Now you can go to the Portal on Chapter 3 to farm for A LOT OF Halos with the Climax Bracelet, Electric Durga and Gaze of Despair.

Part 3:

At the start of Chapter 3 you'll find a Portal underneath the garbage can. Go to the Portal and just ignore the Challenge (stay in the air for a set amount of time). Focus on killing the maximum number of angels while keeping a combo. When the time is about to run out you can stay in the air to have a few more seconds on the Portal.

On my first attempt I got something like 8M Halos! Now just repeat this until you have around 20M Halos. That should be more than enough to buy EVERYTHING in the game, including ALL the extras on the phones.

Now you have all the best weapons and accessories in the game. You just need to find the best combination for you.

I went with:

Accessories:

Hard: Selene's Light + Climax Bracelet

Infinity: Dark Rosary + Climax Bracelet

Weapons:

Set A: Pillow Talk (lightsaber) + Odette (skates, for fast movement)

Set B: Electric Durga + Kilgore

The Killgore (RPG) combined with the Climax Bracelet makes you "shoot" Weave Attacks, killing regular enemies with one hit.

The Pillow Talk combined with the Climax Bracelet is a great weapon for most of the Bosses.

Now you can do all the Portals easily, especially those that require you to do Weave Attacks. You can use Rodin's Weapons (golden rings) for the Portals that need "Angel Arms", so you don't have to pick them on the ground.

Conclusion:

With those weapons and accessories I stormed through Hard and Infinity Climax in about 2 hours each!

Enjoy your platinum!

Edited by Viper
Updated the glitch info.

• 5 months later...

thanks for this, seems helpful, i'm on my first playthrough and just got to that chapter 7 boss which you say is farmable, do I just do chapter select and go farm it right away?

however, the guide says:

Requires:

* Durgas

* Gaze of Despair.

* Salene's Light

* Odette (optional)

I have like, 5k halo's, no way I can buy any of that stuff.. so do I have to beat the game first before I can go back and farm it?

also it mentions destroying all the pod things on the boss in one long combo, but they are all on different sides of his body etc, how do you get from one to the other without the combo thing resetting?

thanks

(i'm pretty shit at this game hehe)

This game is actually a super easy plat. During my first 2 playthroughs I acquired a lot of mega red and yellow lolipops from the arcade shooter and fragments.

Throughout Climax, I just used the lolipops on mini bosses, bosses and sections where you get overwhemled by enemies. The Moon of Mahaa is a tremendous help also.

I have like, 5k halo's, no way I can buy any of that stuff.. so do I have to beat the game first before I can go back and farm it?

also it mentions destroying all the pod things on the boss in one long combo, but they are all on different sides of his body etc, how do you get from one to the other without the combo thing resetting?

thanks

I didn't do it until my second playthrough, like you I just couldn't afford the equipment during my first run.

As for the pods, I did them in a set sequence, so that I was always in range of the next one before the combo reset (I also did it on Hard mode, as there are more pods, and you dont have to travel as far each time, and also they last longer allowing you to hit higher combos.).

I also made use of my guns to maintain the combo from a distance if it didnt look likely I would reach the next one in time. Odette and Panther form also allow you to close the gap between pods pretty fast.

It took a little practice and trial and error, but its certainly managable once you get a routine nailed down.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, given this guide I might have to get back into this again. After struggling to beat the game on Normal I chalked this one up as a pretty impossible platinum, especially for someone (like me) who isn't the twitchiest gamer out there. I knew some of the items would help (like on the challenges I tried at first but couldn't even come close). But I had no idea they would be that helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestion.

I re-made this guide on a brazilian forum, putting the content of the links in the guide itself, making it more concise and direct.

But I also made it in portuguese (I'm from Brazil).

I'll try to re-translate the new and improved guide to english and edit the OP, then I'll ask one of the mods for a sticky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Bayonetta is a game people should be spending more time with, not trying to rush through..

good guide, but it's purpose is self defeating

*facepalm* the guide is for those having trouble with Infinite Climax and Hard difficulties, nobody sade anything about rushing through the game.

Great guide btw, will be really helpful!;)

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You must have equipped:

- Electric Durga (do a circle motion on the left stick and press punch to alternate between Electric and Fire)

- Gaze of Despair (if you don't have it yet, you'll get money to buy it soon enough)

- Selene's Light (optional, but it helps)

- Odette (skates, optional)

Go to Chapter 7.

Fight against the Boss there and try to keep your combo for as long as you can. You may want to play on Hard, since the Boss will has more energy and you get a bigger combo.

You'll get something between 400k and 800k Halos (less without Gaze of Despair) on each try in a few minutes.

You must do this until you have 5M Halos.

???????????? i just cant beat him lol, because iam just mashing triangle, what am i doing wrong?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
I remember that multiplier increased mostly during the last part of the boss fight when destroying the connections and then finally smashing the head. If you manage to keep the multiplier going until the end then you'll get those points. But if for some reason combo ends, then it's fkd up.

Ah i see so that's probably the problem since i got hitted by the Lightning twice (And only the last attempts managed to not use items), then i'll try to not get hitten and be fast, thanks for the advice