Half a Million Halos in Five Minutes.

TurboSquirrel

During normal play I gain roughly 40k Halos per level. Using this exploit, you can obtain about half a million halos in around 5 minutes;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKjhMa4e_vk]YouTube - Bayonetta - Best Halo Farming Method[/ame]

I have tested this and it works, but for reasons unknown the Xbox360 version of Bayonetta pays out twice as many Halos as the PS3 version.

This may be useful directly for some trophies and indirectly for some of the tougher difficulty playthroughs. It's helped me greatly in unlocking all of the secret weapons and costumes. It was a huge morale boost after grinding through 2 or more levels for each costume. With this technique I was able to buy up most of the content in the shop after 15 minutes!

EDIT:

0.5M Halos in 5 minutes:

Requires:

• Durgas
  • Gaze of Despair.
  • Salene's Light
  • Odette (optional)

How:

1. Equip Electric Durgas to Bayonetta's hands. (rotate the left stick and hit punch, to toggle Fire/Electric Durgas)
  2. Equip Odette to Bayonetta's feet.
  3. Equip Salene's Light and Gaze of Despair.
  4. Fight the level VII boss.
  5. Destroy his hands.
  6. Destroy all the pods on his body in one long combo (9.9x multiplier + 2,500 combo is possible).
  7. Destroy his head in 1 long combo (9.9x multiplier + 7,500 combo is possible).
  8. Repeat.

Notes:

Salene's Light activates Witch Time when you are hit. This allows you to maintain a combo even if you are knocked down. The Gaze of Despair doubles the boss's hit points, allowing you to land much longer combos. Electric Durgas land a huge number of hits each time you attack. Odette helps you to move from one pod to the next before the combo multiplier resets.

2.5M Halos in 100 seconds:

Requires:

• Durgas
  • Gaze of Despair.
  • Climax Brace :(

How:

1. Go to level 3 "The Burned City" (or something like that).
  2. Run up the stairs at the start of the level.
  3. Shoot a dust bin. This opens the Alfheim portal near to where you started.
  4. Enter the Alfheim Portal.
  5. Equip Gaze of Despair and the Climax Brace.
  6. Equip Electric Durgas to Bayonetta's hands. (rotate the left stick and hit punch, to toggle Fire/Electric Durgas)
  7. Start the battle, but ignore the challenge.
  8. Kill everything (9.9x multiplier + 9,999 combo is possible).
  9. Repeat.

Notes:

The Climax Brace is essential for maintaining a long combo. It turns every attack into a Wicked Weave, which will hit several enemies at once.

It can be difficult to survive at first. Especially with the Gaze of Despair equipped, but you'll quickly learn how to get the most out of the challenge. After 15 minutes, I was surviving for the maximum length of time and bagging around 2.5 million halos in 100 seconds. On one especially good run, I came out with more than 3.4 million.

Note that the challenge will end when the timer reaches 20 seconds, if you are still on the ground. You could probably get even more halos if you jump at this point and do a fancy air combo:eek:

Edited by TurboSquirrel

• 2 weeks later...
it is a crap method using the Alfheim Portal, not only does it not appear for a long time, but you have to waste your time killing a bunch of enemies and i can't farm anything from this challenge either, complete waste of time, i find the method in chapter VII is far more better and is a guarantee everytime.

You can cause the Alfheim Portal to appear by shooting the bin at the top of the stairs, just as the level begins. You also need the Climax Brace to use this method. If you have all of the above, and still prefer to waste your time on the chapter 7 boss, that's fine. Just bear in mind it will take you over 15 times longer that way... :whistle:

2.5M Halos in 100 seconds:

Requires:

• Durgas
  • Gaze of Despair.
  • Climax Brace :(

How:

1. Go to level 3 "The Burned City" (or something like that).
  2. Enter the Alfheim Portal at the start of the level.
  3. Equip the items listed above.
  4. Select Electric Durgas.
  5. Start the battle, but ignore the challenge????
  6. Kill everything.
  7. Repeat.

It can be difficult to survive at first. Especially with the Gaze of Despair equipped, but you'll quickly learn how to get the most out of the challenge. After 15 minutes, I was surviving for the maximum length of time and bagging around 2.5 million halos in 100 seconds. On one especially good run, I came out with more than 3.4 million.

Note that the challenge will end when the timer reaches 20 seconds, if you are still on the ground. You could probably get even more halos if you jump at this point and do a fancy air combo:eek:

i have just tried this and there is one major problem

you die when the timer reaches 20 seconds

which means u have to kill everything as much as possible and then complete the challenge ASWELL eg stay in the air for 20 seconds

i didnt have climax brace but i shouldnt think that would make any difference

u still have to complete the challenge

Edited by chicken_sniffer

... u have to kill everything as much as possible and then complete the challenge ASWELL eg stay in the air for 20 seconds

When you die, your points are award as soon as you continue. The round ends with 20 seconds left, because you can't possibly complete the alfheim challenge at that point. That's why I've listed 2.5M halos in 100 seconds, rather than 120 seconds. You don't need to complete the challenge.

i didnt have climax brace but i shouldnt think that would make any difference

It makes every difference. It massively increases the number of hits in your combos because it will make every attack a 'wicked weave', meaning you'll hit several monsters at once. When you equip the Climax Brace and the Gaze of Despair in this Alfheim, you will be killing those flying guys at a rate of 2-3 per second.

To obtain the Climax Brace, you can either get the platinum and all the crows, or input a code at one of the telephones on level 3. If you use the telephone, you will also need to pay 5 million halos.

I did this after getting the platinum, just to unlock all of the non-trophy content. I played level 7 until I had enough Halos, used the telephone code and then played the "2.5M Halos in 100 seconds" method, for about 15 minutes. I then had enough money to buy everything else. Including characters, costumes, weapons, and everything in the store.

Edited by TurboSquirrel

When you die, your points are award as soon as you continue. The round ends with 20 seconds left, because you can't possibly complete the alfheim challenge at that point. That's why I've listed 2.5M halos in 100 seconds, rather than 120 seconds. You don't need to complete the challenge.

It makes every difference. It massively increases the number of hits in your combos because it will make every attack a 'wicked weave', meaning you'll hit several monsters at once. When you equip the Climax Brace and the Gaze of Despair in this Alfheim, you will be killing those flying guys at a rate of 2-3 per second.

To obtain the Climax Brace, you can either get the platinum and all the crows, or input a code at one of the telephones on level 3. If you use the telephone, you will also need to pay 5 million halos.

I did this after getting the platinum, just to unlock all of the non-trophy content. I played level 7 until I had enough Halos, used the telephone code and then played the "2.5M Halos in 100 seconds" method, for about 15 minutes. I then had enough money to buy everything else. Including characters, costumes, weapons, and everything in the store.

well i wasnt earning ANY halos doing this

i know i didnt have the climax brace but surely i should be getting something for killing these flying whatsit thingy's

i have the platinum trophy already

but gettin all those crows looks impossible

plus someone on another thread said u still have to pay 5million for them

so u basically have to farm the game for hours before u can even do this farm trick on the alfheim portal lol

Edited by chicken_sniffer

well i wasnt earning ANY halos doing this

The "2.5 Million Halos in 100 second" method works. I want to make that absolutely clear to anybody reading this thread. However, you must have the Climax Brace.

Halos are awarded for long combos and there is no way you can achieve a long combo during this Alfheim without the Climax Brace. If you have the Climax Brace, use this method and make sure that the entire combat sequence within the portal is one long combo. By the end of the 100 seconds your combo multiplier will read "9.9x" and the number of hits will read "9999" (that's over 9 thousand!). You'll net over 2M Halos for this.

If you do not have the Climax Brace, continually fight the level VII boss until you have enough Halos to afford it. Once you obtain the Climax Brace, start using the Alfheim Portal to farm Halos. Like I've already said, it's 15 times faster than beating the level VII boss.

The trick to getting the most Halos out of the level VII boss is to maintain a long combo. You won't get quite so many points whilst you're fighting his hands, but it's possible to destroy all of the pods on his body in one long combo. Aim for a "9.9x" multiplier and a combo of about 2 or 3 thousand (if memory serves). Whilst fighting his head, you can also reach a "9.9x" multiplier, but this time your combo can be upwards of 8,000 hits.

I'm going to add a description for getting the most out of the level VII boss in my initial post...

Edited by TurboSquirrel

• 1 month later...

hmm was trying this yesterday with all the items equipped, durga to electric mode and in the video it looks easy but in reality..?

it seems that his life bar is quite high, mine is not that large and i actually died during the sequence where you have to destroy the `nipples`

maybe i should buy the all the witch hearts from Rodin first??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the reason y the xbox pays more out than the PS3 is that the developers found out people were gaining them in a way they didnt want they to because they could get all the rare stuff and cheats to get things so they made it harder to collect them from big boss fights...n the best one isnt this...its against the dragon head when its stuck in the building...but you need to have the item that lets you go into witch time with a button press

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So what's the best way to get to 5 million Halos? I've got Gaze of Despair and I'm not sure whether to keep farming the portal or to just complete Normal first :confused:

Also, do you actually have to have 5 million Halos to get the phones to work? I've tried going up to the phones but nothing happened except for a message saying: 'Old fashioned phones have been installed' or somthing like that.

So what's the best way to get to 5 million Halos? I've got Gaze of Despair and I'm not sure whether to keep farming the portal or to just complete Normal first :confused:

Well, I'm farming my 5 million halos right now using one of the later bosses (not the one in the vid), and I'm sick of it, haha. I would suggest completing Normal, and possibly Hard too before worrying about the 5 million. By then you'll probably have Odette and Durga, and you'll be able to farm the halos off the chapter VII boss.

I have now gotten sick of farming the portal and I have started having a go at the Chapter 7 boos and it's easier than I first thought :D

I got 350k halos on my 1st go and 250k halos in my second so I prefer the boss farming tech. cause you don't need the Climax Bracelet.

How do you actually get Odette?

Edited by NintendoDSplayer

How do you actually get Odette?

I believe you unlock it with one of the LPs...here, link to a video on where to get all the LP pieces.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFBOSEyN2I&feature=player_embedded]LP piece locations video[/ame]

You'll have to click on the vid window and watch it on Youtube, unfortunately, but it's a very handy guide. I highly recommend the other Bayonetta videos from hypersakura2009 as well, especially the crow videos.

I'm not sure which LP unlocks Odette, exactly, but one of them does.